PDA

View Full Version : So, the new Windows Movie Maker blows, any suggestions?

DonVigo
01-05-2012, 10:51 PM
Outside of, you know... Shelling out any money.

I just got my first reelful in 8 months, and I'm working on a new computer. Needed to re-download WMM, and now that I'm on Windows 7, I can only use the new Live Movie Maker (see also, the preschool version) or WMM2.6 which is just... A step backwards from what my old Vista machine ran. It doesn't load my clips properly in the que, and I can't change the colors or fonts on titles.

Anyone know of either a fix to run older versions of WMM on Windows 7 (I can't find one) or know of a good freeware/dirty dirty cheap program to use to poop out some new edits?

Kapnn
01-06-2012, 08:01 PM
have you ever heard of wax? i no a couple of people that use it i guess its ok from what i hear... anythings better than wmm try it out. http://www.debugmode.com/wax/

Edit: or there is always torrents... :)

unplannedman
01-07-2012, 02:43 PM
I used videopad for a while, but really, you can just download Sony Vegas 11 and use the trial, you can have for as long as you and it doesn't really limit you

Ayreon
01-07-2012, 03:33 PM
get adobe premiere. then crack it.

Antwan
01-08-2012, 07:37 AM
If you have virus protection I recommend scanning anything you're going to crack..
You should be scanning everything on windows actually.
Most newer Microsoft computers come with a virus protection trial.. it's usually good enough.

When I used windows for editing I got a cracked version of Sony Vegas.

If anyone is looking for ubuntu/linux software there's a free one called KdenLive it's very similar to Sony Vegas
Quality has been my issue with the program however, I probably just don't know enough about rendering though.

I have windows installed next to ubuntu.. pick which one I want during start up..
I haven't edited on windows in a while but for quality sake when I get things going again I may consider it.
I'll drop some more info on stuff I use to edit when I get there.. but for now yeah, really just experiment
I've always noticed with programs.. some have really nice features but are less user friendly
while some have very little to do but very user friendly.. it's really what you're trying to do.
It's worth it if you're into this as a hobby though.. Research different editing software, there's tutorials everywhere.

SK8ERatWAR
01-09-2012, 01:00 PM
wow, have you always been editing with wmm? :O
but yeah should really just download a vegas torrent from pb

JDash10
01-15-2012, 11:36 AM
A good one to torrent is Cyberlink Powerdirector. Same kind of set up and layout as Vista movie maker, but with advanced options like green screen compatibility and awesome effects options.