PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Live account hacked...

replicant
02-22-2012, 02:18 AM
So, if some of you don't see me online for a bit... You now know why. Went to play some Soul Calibur V this morning and popped over to see this weeks game addons. Was grabbing the SSX Demo when I noticed all my MS points except 50 were gone. Relogged on my account and it was the same. Reset my system and it was still all the same. So, I decided to check my account history online and noticed that someone had purchased 20 something "gold" packs. Plus, I now have FIFA 12 achievements which is interesting since I don't buy or play FIFA games.

A phone call to MS later and I am waiting "3-5" days for a follow up on my case so they can try and figure out what happened. Doing a little looking online I can see this has happened to a lot of people and quite frequently it seems they have no online ability for upwards of 30 days or so. /sigh

Hope this crap gets worked out soon. No idea how this happened since I don't hack my box and have never shared the password with anyone. Keep an eye out on your own and maybe update your passwords.

fallingskyline
02-22-2012, 04:47 AM
I had the same shit with my Itunes Account, with someone buying a lot of ingame crap for some mmorg

replicant
02-24-2012, 10:47 PM
MS was pretty on the ball and have now identified who/what compromised my account.
They have now set my account back up, gave me my points back with some extras and added an extra month of Gold on. Very surprised at how quick they got things done for me.

EternalRewind
02-25-2012, 12:30 AM
good to hear MS hooked you you with ur points after the hack

r0ke
02-25-2012, 02:26 AM
Weird to see a happy ending story associated with gaming. EA take notes..

Congrats again Rep'

replicant
02-25-2012, 06:39 AM
Thanks guys and yeah I am definitely happy with the turnaround and service from them.