invite into the beta testing. However, this will give you
another chance to get in and those who do not play GW
now have a chance to get in as well.

The signup from the amount of people pounding the site
has been a little buggy, so when you submit your dxdiag
report it may pop up the information page in French,
German, or English. Just redo the initial process until you
get English if anything else pops up in it's place. Good
luck to all and I hope to see you in the beta.

https://beta.guildwars2.com/

Remember you only have 48 hours to sign up, so I
believe that Friday at Noon [Eastern] will be the end
of chances for this sign up phase. No idea if there
will be future chances for signing up.

BeatChemist
02-22-2012, 03:18 PM
Hey Replicant how's Diablo 3?

replicant
02-22-2012, 05:55 PM
Hey Replicant how's Diablo 3?
It is pretty fun and very well done. The overall feel is quite different than the previous Diablo games, but that is not a bad thing. Blizz has put a lot of work into the game and it shows. No doubt in my mind that the game is going to be huge. The gameplay at its base is still tried and true Diablo, but with the enhanced graphics/physics, improved talent system, and more immersive environment to name a few you get a much different experience.

I really enjoy the new classes as well and will probably play a Demon Hunter (think Assassin + Amazon) at launch. The Witch Doctor (Druid + Necromancer) and Monk (sorta Assassin + Paladin) are the other two new ones. The Barbarian returns from D2 along with the Wizard (Sorceress) so you still have classes people already know how to play. Plus, you can choose to be male orfemale now and are no longer gender locked on classes. Not a big thing to me, but to some that by itself is huge.

The ease of play I think is very understated and a reason I think it will do better than Diablo 2 did. I let a friend sit down and try it out who had never played a Diablo game (or any PC games outside Sims/Elder Scrolls) and within 15 minutes he was playing like a champ.

Only thing I miss from previous Diablo games is being able to assign my own Stats (since I am a Stamina Whore), but they removed it to cut down on the "I just gimped my character!" problem that existed before. I myself enjoyed putting my armor on like it was a jigsaw puzzle before just so I could wear it all and have as much extra STA as possible in HC mode. :)

BeatChemist
02-22-2012, 06:25 PM
Nice. I am stoked.

I used to rock a pretty godly hammerdin back in D2. Baal runs for daaaaayyyyssssss son!!! :D

Diablo was ALL about the unique items for me.

replicant
02-24-2012, 10:45 PM
Nice. I am stoked.

I used to rock a pretty godly hammerdin back in D2. Baal runs for daaaaayyyyssssss son!!! :D

Diablo was ALL about the unique items for me.
It will be interesting to see what the new Cow/Meph/Baal/Tristram/Travincal/Pindle/Sanctuary/etc runs will become in this new Diablo. Nothing at the moment in D3 really gives leniency to that style of gameplay, but we are only given a tidbit of Act 1 for testing. We will definitely find those spots those for leveling and MF'ing since the RMAH has the potential to put real money into peoples wallets.

I used to farm US-West HC back in the day and pulled in an extra 8k or so a year in cash from ebay/paypal sales (non-bot, just after work), so I am very curious to see if money can be made with this new system. It's a nice move on Blizzards part to have the farmers working for them now.