View Full Version : Mr. Groove on the streets

Groove
02-26-2012, 11:03 AM
... and rooftops.

aka my first edit, hardcore only.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HIwqneiPjE&hd=1

NotedDerk
02-26-2012, 01:29 PM
Your innovation for spots is incredible and you make good use of the object dropper.
loved the huge spine over the estates wall, i've tried that and couldn't even get half as close.
No idea how to get that much speed and maintain it on a tiny ass wall.

Mage505
02-26-2012, 03:49 PM
That was dope! Make more!

hebrewsfl
02-26-2012, 11:40 PM
Shit, this was good.
Makes me wanna gap something huge

Groove
02-27-2012, 11:49 AM
Shit, this was good.
Makes me wanna gap something huge

That was dope! Make more!
Thanks! Getting footage like that actually requires many evenings so i've no clue when i could release the next edit. I've got a few ideas considering doing a custom park only edit, so i'll see what i can do.

Your innovation for spots is incredible and you make good use of the object dropper.
loved the huge spine over the estates wall, i've tried that and couldn't even get half as close.
No idea how to get that much speed and maintain it on a tiny ass wall.
Haha, thanks. Some spots actually required hours of time to clear. But in the other hand, the journey onto the spillway powerplant roof for example was actually as interesting as riding on its roofs as i had to use a huge amount of props (towers of carbage bins are usually pretty unstable) and took a good hour or two to get to the top, hence why I haven't visited such places twice, haha.

As like in real life where you would search for spots to ride, you actually find stuff that aren't meant to ride - the same happens in the game too as i'm searching for spots that aren't designed for skating - the game designers haven't designed some of the rooftops to be reached and to be ridden, hence why those rooftops don't have any ledges programmed to lock into grinds, some rails are even drawn in 2D and i was lucky enough to see some solid ground on some of the roofs i've been on in this game generally. Having this game actually inspires me to ride/explore more streets than parks in real life aswell.

As for the estate spine transfer, you'd probably need the tightest trucks, softest wheels and a shitload of time and patience, because once you sprint, hop on your board and take off the first ramp, you have to hope for two things: 1) that you clear the gap (it bearly and rarely does); 2) that you don't land on the hedge nor on the side of the ledge into a grind. Plus, instead of ollie'ing the first ramp, you should just bump using any of the grab buttons. At least this worked for me eventually.

Larmando2
02-27-2012, 01:50 PM
excellent job man. Very funny and interesting...lovin' the song too

Groove
02-28-2012, 11:19 PM
Thanks again!

m.seven
03-04-2012, 10:37 AM
that estates spine transfer was soo gnarly.vid's cool as hell dude.great job

saunders420
03-04-2012, 11:24 AM
seriously this was refreshin. too many people dont take the time to do it right the first time around ya know. This was legit.

Ladd279
03-04-2012, 11:30 AM
Damn dude this was sick

Cerebus_
03-04-2012, 12:53 PM
Loved the fun feeling in this one, and that huge spine gap was amazing! Never seen that done before.

You should make a video of you getting up on those high things in the spillway. I would love to see the tower of objects!

Roccityroller
03-04-2012, 01:20 PM
what everyone else said...

not to mention the quality was awesome.

Goon_Panda
03-05-2012, 07:56 PM
This is the most entertaining edit I've ever seen! All those 1 foot grab combos were SICK! I love how creative and innovative your spots and lines are! FUCK YEAH! I'M SO EXCITED RIGHT NOW! Imma go try me summa them spots you did, bruh. I love you... !

robley
03-05-2012, 08:09 PM
really good cameras. really good.

briden
03-05-2012, 09:42 PM
It's really rare that I can find so much to like about a video so opposite of how I skate and see skateboarding, real or fake. Keep it up.

Groove
08-15-2012, 04:10 PM
Bump.

Thanks. I might release another edit very soon! Been saving some stuff up.