PDA

View Full Version : s1 | Mini (crop, CC and camera cut test)

Deacon
02-27-2012, 08:13 PM
Welll with the reel gone again i decided to put skate 1 in for a bit and ended up recording some lines. As usual the button sent my OCD into overdrive so I cropped that little fucker out, and then decided to test camera cuts and colour correction. Anyway, i enjoyed playing og so much i'm going to make more vids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUjaVlKUSBY

NotedDerk
02-27-2012, 08:35 PM
This is the exactly kind of quality i'd want from my videos if i ever possess a hd pvr.
I figured it wouldn't be too hard to crop that button out and add a custom vignette, if needed.
looks great though deacon, lovely work.

agusbmxarg
02-27-2012, 08:39 PM
Enjoyed every clip in this deac, great video.

MarcoPoloUSN
02-27-2012, 10:33 PM
Switch flip switch nose manny popless shuv out? Outstanding. The quality couldn't get any better. OG is everywhere today!

madsser
02-28-2012, 12:17 AM
Very nice quality indeed.
Tricks were a little slow for me. But that might just be me. :D

Benutzer1Oliver
02-28-2012, 07:27 AM
just finished skate 1 for a while and I had lots of fun. there are not that many skate 1 vids out here and this one is pretty good

Seanne1986
02-28-2012, 08:10 AM
How do you crop out the button? Just use chromakeyer and get rid of it? :S

saunders420
02-28-2012, 08:59 AM
How do you crop out the button? Just use chromakeyer and get rid of it? :S

Yess. please do tell. great job too.

Seanne1986
02-28-2012, 10:15 AM
just finished skate 1 for a while and I had lots of fun. there are not that many skate 1 vids out here and this one is pretty good

I'm working on getting footage for my next one as we speak.

jerr bear
02-28-2012, 10:37 AM
Wish you went a bit faster sometimes

I don't dig the switching between camera in the same clip.

Demzilla
02-28-2012, 11:36 AM
jazz cam...

quick n tre flip....hold down during trick....
or..
quick n tre frontside 180..hold down during trick...

then do w.e. trick you want..

= your trick has camera movement...

camera 3...side angle...
swings to the back and swings back to the side during trick...

12 sec mark..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7HqVETLEno&feature=plcp&context=C3c4a67bUDOEgsToPDskKZ9f_LrLfRUK7pr4Y-ss0E

i feel like this trick should be public by now...
a lot of s1 going around these days...

Deacon
02-28-2012, 11:50 AM
@ Derk - Thank you dude. I appreciate they are quite expensive but I'm so glad I brought my PVR now and feel it was money well spent. I use it for more then video games and have my Sky Plus (cross between Tevo and a cable) plugged into it as well so I can record stuff from TV.

@ Agus - Thanks man appreciated. If the Skate 2 ever comes back, now I've pretty much finished my Full Length. I'll get that collabo finished

@ Marco - Thanks dude. I love OG and now I'm getting the hang of the crop and camera cuts I will deffo make more of these.

@ Madsser - No its not you dude, thats the way I skate! lol. Plus I slowed some clips down so I could sync the tricks etc.

@ Benutzer - Thanks man, I watched your series it was really good dude. I think the cap card peeps should get together an make more OG vids.

@ Seanne/Saunders - It was literally using the crop tool in vegas to zoom in the frame. I adjusted it for each clip to keep as much of the skater in frame as possible and tended to go for head cuts instead of board cuts where possible. Also the camera cuts weren't just to vary the angles, as you prob remember some cams in OG can move a bit funky at times depensing on the skaters position etc, so the cuts were used bypass that. The vig also hides the button in some clips, for that is used cookie cutter.

@ Jerrel - Fair play

@ Demzilla - Thanks for the tip. I'll give that try out. I played OG when it was out but never made videos until skate 2, so i'll take all the tips on offer for OG.

bohemian
02-28-2012, 12:05 PM
looked great

sweet crop, made the dude huge compared to classic reel view.

gear envy

ZefferDude
02-28-2012, 01:58 PM
You had some clean skating. In my opinion you shouldn't have done the cuts for every clip though.

Deacon
02-28-2012, 03:00 PM
@ Bohemian - thanks dude.

@ Zeffer - Tbh when i watch it back I have to agree a little. In future vids I will probably vary it a bit more and leave some clips as is, I was just playing about with it tbh as not having a free cam I'm not used limited options. thanks for the input though.

Duundermifflin
02-28-2012, 09:47 PM
Slick stuff, wish i still had this game and a pvr so i could fluck around.

Deacon
02-29-2012, 11:03 AM
Thanks duunder. well the PVr may be a bit much to purchase just for one game, but deffo worth buying skate again. the game is classic.