PDA

View Full Version : s3 | FE VIG CC RAMP and Sound Test - Feedback Appreciated

Deacon
03-13-2012, 08:42 AM
Hello All, I've been fiddling with a few bits in Sony Vegas and After Effects, and would like some feedback if possible please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ir3fTsqIhk

Regards

Sickone
03-13-2012, 08:53 AM
Looks good !

agusbmxarg
03-13-2012, 09:44 AM
the vigs look good, even if irl, when you can see this vigs is because you don't properly attached your lenses to the body camera. They still look good tho.
Sounds seem to be perfectly syncd, and the CC reminds me of Canon dslr footage. Have you used the same CC in all clips? I'm wondering this because the first 2 clips seem to have like 1, or even 2, less exposure than the 3rd one, in my opinion. Oh and the ramped slowmo looks great man, and I bet it's even better in the og video file.
May I ask what FE is?

Deacon
03-13-2012, 10:06 AM
Fish eye - the distortion effect - I used the wide angled lense setting.

briden
03-13-2012, 10:14 AM
Sync and Vig were perfect. I honestly wouldn't have known you used a fisheye distortion if you hadn't mentioned it. The CC was overly grey, if that's what you're going for then bravo. It wouldn't stop me from watching, but I think a whole part with that effect would be really bland.

Deacon
03-13-2012, 10:34 AM
Yo,

Thanks guys. I might need to increase the radial area on the FE then. In terms of colour I was trying create an overcast effect, almost to the point it looks likes going to rain. I was inspired by this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO5rn7jMceE&list=PL4E35A0AFEFB00FC4&index=4&feature=plpp_video

agusbmxarg
03-13-2012, 10:52 AM
I honestly wouldn't have known you used a fisheye distortion if you hadn't mentioned it.
^^
That's why I asked what FE was, even after I thought it had something to do with lenses, because you pretty much did something to all the other aspects of the clips.

Yo,

Thanks guys. I might need to increase the radial area on the FE then. In terms of colour I was trying create an overcast effect, almost to the point it looks likes going to rain.

I had to go for the 720p fullscreen mode in order to check the effect again, didn't noticed the first time I watched the video.รง
Oh btw, that Eniz video, is great.

Ladd279
03-13-2012, 11:56 AM
Based of the vid, yours was a little more vivid to me especially the ag line. Still looked nice but a mild difference based off vid

i am a snail
03-13-2012, 12:37 PM
i think you should make your ramps longer an slower, they sort of zoomed by before we really got a good look at the trick. and on the second clip, the line, make sure the sounds get quieter as your skater goes farther away. cc looked alright and i liked the fisheye a lot