PDA

View Full Version : Gonna get myself a new BMX

Ruben_Williams
03-19-2012, 02:41 PM
I'm from the UK, we're not blessed with silky smooth surfaces and all the ledges and benches are capped. . . Anyone else ride BMX ?

andreas
03-19-2012, 09:10 PM
me, agusbmxarg, ogbmx420 I'd imagine. where are you from in the UK?

Goon_Panda
03-22-2012, 01:51 AM
I ride a lot. I go on the occasional park tour with mates. Tricks aren't my thing, I 'm the kind of rider who goes for speed, air and smoothness, rather than rail and trick. I'm a frequent user of the local dirt park as well. I also do competitive downhill MTB. I once did a advertising photoshoot for Giant, it was pretty cool although I didn't get in the final magazine ad.

This be me...

http://spokemagazine.com/files/2011/06/IMG_5584.jpg

I can't grind on a BMX. Too scared after having to go to hospital when I pretty much snapped my foot in half on first ever attempt at age 12.

Goon_Panda
03-22-2012, 01:53 AM
Also, I was a scooter kid once. No more though. Gave up after I got a deck to the neck couple years ago... LOL

agusbmxarg
03-22-2012, 07:49 AM
Also, I was a scooter kid once. No more though. Gave up after I got a deck to the neck couple years ago... LOL

I gotta ask this; when that happened to you, were you doing that strange scooter go-around-yourself flip move I don't know the name of?

Ocassionally I watch with my mates scooter vids (at first, just for the lols, then we found that 'lucky scooters' team that, man, those dude can SHRED), and we've always asked ourselves, what if that moves goes wrong. Deadly move, I might add...

Goon_Panda
03-22-2012, 10:33 AM
I was doing a bri-flip, that what you meant?

http://rowanbcom.ipage.com/scootdogz/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/vlcsnap-2012-01-31-17h01m29s0-e1328029594158-150x142.png

The Lucky team are fucking awesome, but Madd Gear are the pioneers of scootering. They have pretty much all the world firsts. One of their Aussie guys, Ryan Williams, Does 1660 Corkscrews. He broke his tailbone (only, LOL) on one of his first attempts.

Being a scooter kid where I live, we didn't get skaters being pissed off with us, we actually let them go first and if, if we snaked them accidently, we'd say sorry. One kid once landed on skater, and snapped his trucks into three. The kid somehow had an old set, and gave them to skater as an apology.

I've gone a little off topic, right? Almost forgot I bumped someone's skaters vs bmxers thread recently.

agusbmxarg
03-22-2012, 03:57 PM
Yessss, bri flip! finally know the name of that move.

So far, the only scooter vids I like are the lucky ones. Those guys have such a nice style, totally reminds me of bmx (not trying to compare one thing with the other, but you know what I mean).

My favorite
http://youtu.be/ODHzUA01fO8

Wallride in the first line, unbelievable
1:34
2:51 monster 180 barspin, like it was nothing.
3:32 smith gap smith whip, amazing.
and 3:48, damn.

Goon_Panda
03-22-2012, 08:29 PM
Lucky owns the streets, MGP owns the parks