PDA

View Full Version : Why was this never implemented?

aaronberlin
03-25-2012, 11:12 PM
This is a pretty normal highdea, so it might be bunk from the start, but I thought I might as well voice it...

Why was there never a 'create an animation' implemented in tony hawk or skate, etc.
If a small part of a game was sacrificed / made worse to create space for an extremely basic animation generator.

For example, if you entered create an animation, it'd open a window similar to skate.reel, where you can set key frames and whatnot, but not on a video, on your bodily movement during a kickflip, or shoves, or tres. You could move your leg on an XYZ plane, control the bend in your knee, etc.

This whole thing would revolutionize the online video scene, with everyone having a truly unique style to their person.

I know i'm dreaming, but dear god this would be amazing.

Goon_Panda
03-26-2012, 01:05 AM
Fuck this would be sick!

THPG had that nail-the-trick thing, that's the closest anyone's got yet. It was more the board, not the legs though.

The possibilities would be fucking endless!

Deacon
03-26-2012, 07:16 AM
I would deffo cream my shorts if this was in a skate game!

Demzilla
03-26-2012, 07:27 AM
cool idea...

the way the game engine works with how fast tricks are performed and how tricks are linked via the animation system i dont think this is possible on our current gen of consoles.
every time you made a adjustment to your animation the engine would have to be able to accommodate right then and there and that would need a shit ton of resources from the engine and console alike.

animation notes..
the reason the games never looks like rob and big is because the links between the animations has to be smoothed in case you perform them during other tricks...ie..kickflip out of a tailslide.
crouch............................................ .same all around
kick flip.............................................s pecific
catch animation / float animation........specific (the tweak animations we swap)
landing animation..............................specific
the game has to recognize these items and other shit when going from something to another.
the animation in rob and big was just pure capture.
so if you remember rob kickflipin up that curb imagine that same animation going down 10..
it would look fucking hilarious.

this idea is possible...
but its hurdle is an amazing custom engine to even be able to handle the work load.
and a console that could handle that work load.

emericaridr11
03-26-2012, 07:50 AM
had a idea like this too.....

MoCap like 20 skaters (all nice different styles).... then you could assign any one of those tricks (from any motion captured skater) to any one of your tricks....example

Carroll Kickflips
Hsu Treflips
Reynolds Shoves
Dills Varials
RobbyD pushing
and so on

you could assign ANY mocapped skater to ANY trick you have, with like 20 skaters motion captured skaters to choose from the combos (style) would go on for a long time.... and people would all have (for the most part) different styles (as a whole)

love the idea man, only if

Deacon
03-26-2012, 08:56 AM
had a idea like this too.....

MoCap like 20 skaters (all nice different styles).... then you could assign any one of those tricks (from any motion captured skater) to any one of your tricks....example

Carroll Kickflips
Hsu Treflips
Reynolds Shoves
Dills Varials
Drydeks pushing
and so on

you could assign ANY mocapped skater to ANY trick you have, with like 20 skaters motion captured skaters to choose from the combos (style) would go on for a long time.... and people would all have (for the most part) different styles (as a whole)

love the idea man, only if

This would be perfect. when you set up your skater you select the animation you want for each trick, and your push etc and then boom. for those that don't care they can select preset. Would make it a lot more varied IMO.

EternalRewind
03-26-2012, 11:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1f6LC2f3yE