PDA

View Full Version : Scott B.'s Post in EGM Thread

Adio0709
07-31-2008, 03:28 AM
"So where to begin........

First off, keep one thing in mind... we don't release all the info and features all at once. So you will hear some stuff now, but you're not going to get the full deal right away.

The article says holiday... but also remember we didn't tell EGM our ship date specifically. Holiday is vague... it's meant to be. And seriously, to the few dudes on here who keep calling us "EA" like it's a negative you gotta remember we're not a sports game - we don't have "seasons" we need to be out in time for. More importantly, I've been at EA for 14 years and can honestly say it's a different place these days. Black Box is treated like a developer and we're given a lot of support to do things right. And if that means taking more than a year to do a sequel... then so be it.

And I seriously hope no one thinks we threw in a couple new rails into Old San Van and decided we'd call it a sequel. You guys know us better than that. This team has too much respect and pride in what we do to shovel out an under-realized sequel too soon. Anyway San Van was completely leveled in the "disasters too gnarly to be mentioned" (see Skate It). But when you start with rubble and have to rebuild everything from the ground up, what do you end up with??? A brand new city! NSV is just a name... one we just happen to like. Maybe we're just sentimental that way.

But talk is ever so cheap and you guys need some footy to make this fiction real. You'll just need to see for yourselves when our first gameplay video drops on........ crap is that something burning in the oven? Gotta run.

Later"

Thought this was very uplifting about the new city, so I wanted to post it here incase nobody has seen it yet. :D

Mac
07-31-2008, 04:25 AM
Awesome!

Thanks for sharing.

Get Stoked
07-31-2008, 04:28 AM
People are so negative over at the EA forums... haha.

I've trusted black box for a while now, they're great devs.

Adio0709
07-31-2008, 04:40 AM
Blackbox are the only ones that truly listen to the community that i can think of.

Corrine
07-31-2008, 04:45 AM
Harmonix are pretty good as far as listening to fans and actually posting updates in the Rock Band forums.

skater924
07-31-2008, 09:43 AM
Criterion games also listens to their customers. Anyway, sounds like great news. Very interesting find.

Adio0709
07-31-2008, 09:52 AM
woowoo, xgames tonight baby

Derek Goodspeed
07-31-2008, 04:11 PM
yeah...scotts the best

anyways...i dont see how people can't trust BB after they made probably the best game ever...aha

TheClosetMonkey
08-01-2008, 01:12 AM
Wow, that just made me want this game even more, Pandemic are pretty good for listening to their customers too.

ERIKDOTCOM
08-09-2008, 06:08 PM
Thanks for posting Adio.