PDA

View Full Version : Skate 3 Style Glitch Variation - I personally haven't seen this used.

Boris Magee
05-18-2012, 07:47 PM
Hey guys, I'm not sure if anyone has used this before but I certainly haven't seen this. I know everyone uses the style change trick for Mike carrol's kickflips and stuff, but i have never seen it used to mix up animations like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSQ7KWzCQI8&feature=youtu.be

You can actually change your style mid line and mix up your pushing / tre flip / kickflip / frontside shuvit / varial heel animations.

I just threw together a line here that uses:
-tre flips from both the default and loose styles
-pushing animations from OG, default, and loose styles (i think)
-the kickflip animation from the OG style.

These are all mashed together; I had to change my style a few times in the line. This means that you have to be in career mode, and 'edit skater' mid line. I haven't tried mid grind, but manual definately works.

Anyway, I think this could add another level to lines in this game / tricks (as seeing a fakie tre manny fakie tre out with the same animation for both flips looks kinda weird).

I'm not sure if this works with pro styles (Mike Carrol's kickflip, Jason Dill's varial heel) because I just got a new gamertag and can't be bothered unlocking them.

Sorry for lack of HD - my internet is slow.

And of course the park is 'WC. Skate Plaza' by fullyFL4RED00 if you for some reason haven't downloaded it yet. I hope you don't mind that i used your park in the video hahaha

Anyway, try it out! There are TONS of possible combinations!

If everyone already knows about this but can't be bothered with it my bad, I just have never seen this used. Hopefully some people who didn't know about it can have some fun with it :)

briden
05-18-2012, 09:28 PM
I'm not sure if this works with pro styles (Mike Carrol's kickflip, Jason Dill's varial heel) because I just got a new gamertag and can't be bothered unlocking them.

It wouldn't. In freeskate when you change people, your skater restarts as if he went back to the marker.

i am a snail
05-18-2012, 09:59 PM
It wouldn't. In freeskate when you change people, your skater restarts as if he went back to the marker.
this only happens if the pro skater has a different default stance from your own character. for instance, i could freely use jason dill's style without resetting to a marker as both my character and his are regular. i would be reset with carrol however, because he is goofy-footed.

briden
05-18-2012, 10:25 PM
this only happens if the pro skater has a different default stance from your own character. for instance, i could freely use jason dill's style without resetting to a marker as both my character and his are regular. i would be reset with carrol however, because he is goofy-footed.

I thought he meant switching from dill to carroll, I think I read it wrong though.

Boris Magee
05-18-2012, 10:48 PM
yeah, snail confirmed what i was asking

but i had no idea about the hole matching stance thing, thanks!

Jebotek
05-19-2012, 02:20 AM
yeah was stoked bout that a while ago too

Boris Magee
05-19-2012, 05:13 AM
yeah hahahaha, i'm surprised i dont see it used more. like for long lines; switching up pushing animation in long lines or something

Jebotek
05-19-2012, 06:25 AM
yeah its kinda much work for a single clip, but sometime definately worth it

NotedDerk
05-19-2012, 08:31 AM
Moose noodles made a video quite a while ago.
It showcases the style glitch at first, but then shows you how to use multiple styles in a single line.
I personally think it's just too much work, but some people really know how to pull it off well.