PDA

View Full Version : Street League 2012 Stop 1 Kansas (Spoilers inside!!!)

fallingskyline
05-22-2012, 01:01 AM
First of all, i like the new system with those two 45 second runs, instead of tech and line section. This contest was so exciting to watch.

for the skaters:

Mikey Tayler: first run was nice, but imo nothing special. highlight was his "signiture" front feeble the rest was mediocre
(eliminated after line section)
Sean Malto: big let down, he should get some flip tricks on lock to keep a hold of the level each and everyone else was giving.
(eliminated after best trick)
Ryan Sheckler: if only he landed more in the big section, i somehow like his skating cause he always goes crazy big. highlight hardflip over the complete curbcut
(6th)
Chris Cole: seemed to have a hard time in this one, highlight: front 270 tailslide bs 180 out
(5th)
P-Rod: he really showed off in the big section with his crazy switch skillz, that switch tre down that thing was pure butter
(4th)
Chaz Ortiz: first to lines were the shit, 5O flip out on that rail in best trick was mad buttery
(3rd)
Bastien Salabanzi: the winner for me, better said he shouldn't have bailed the last trick :( highlight: bigspinflip front board (big section)
(2nd)
Nyjah Husten: best rick bigspin hurrican, usual casual tricks and a nice way to end after having already one kickflip bs noseblunt
(1st)

madsser
05-22-2012, 04:09 AM
Is there any place I can watch this? :D

Jebotek
05-22-2012, 04:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qttBvvRdxYU

Jebotek
05-22-2012, 04:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXoD1a0LBCk

Jebotek
05-22-2012, 04:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZFcCAA4rRw&feature=relmfu

rzrfvr
05-22-2012, 07:10 AM
So so glad Bastien is in this year to spice things up!

Boring to see Nyjah win again but he throws down some mad tricks that's for sure. I'm glad Malto was eliminated early. He's got such a limited trick set it seems. Half the time he is doing a nose grind or overcrook/crook and the other half he is doing them with a nollie instead.

fallingskyline
05-22-2012, 07:30 AM
Bastien is a great addition, and he still skates like back in the days. funny thing is that he's such a stoner and he really put pressure on husten. if bastien had banged that doubleflip frontboard down the stairs, my guess is that he would've won the thing. concerning malto i totally agree with you, i'd rather have seen taylor in the best trick than him, besides that sean o neill and t-puds would have been better than taylor and malto. but i guess its hometown bonus ;)

Granka
05-22-2012, 10:10 AM
funny thing is that he's such a stoner and he really put pressure on husten.
He doesn't smoke anymore, he's over it now that he has kids. http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2011/10/06/squashing-rumors-with-bastien-salabanzi/

Bastien is the winner in my eyes, he does tricks that are fun to watch and he's so fun to watch when he gets hyped over landing a trick.
I'm so tired of watching Nyjah win, he does sick stuff no doubt but I see no joy in his skating.

MarcoPoloUSN
05-22-2012, 10:55 AM
Fuck Nyjah, seriously. Bastein had the better trick, and I believe he won the crowd.
I knew that the points system, along with his position in the lineup, would fuck him over.

knexzor
05-22-2012, 01:44 PM
Doing a kickflip back noseblunt on a huge handrail after he's already won... I honestly can't show disrespect towards that.
I still can't really stand how he, along with Chaz, don't ever look like they are having fun. Hell, even Sheckler is smiling and cheering.

fallingskyline
05-22-2012, 09:35 PM
Doing a kickflip back noseblunt on a huge handrail after he's already won... I honestly can't show disrespect towards that.
I still can't really stand how he, along with Chaz, don't ever look like they are having fun. Hell, even Sheckler is smiling and cheering.

maybe nyjah and chaz learned to not show a feeling in skate-robot camp ;)
and you are totally right, when malto won last year all he did was a 5050, nyjah pulled something really hard, and he's a well deserved winner. but a robot!

MarcoPoloUSN
05-22-2012, 09:37 PM
He's had his share of winning damnit!

fallingskyline
05-22-2012, 10:22 PM
i think salabanzi and huston are pretty much comparable. salabanzi was the same when he was at nyjah's age, winning every contest and tearing shit apart. i like the fact, that salabanzi came kinda outta nowhere again and really put pressure on huston, i'm looking forward to see salabanzi destroying it in the next contest <3

replicant
05-24-2012, 07:21 AM
The top 6 skaters all did pretty damn well. Bastien I was pulling for like crazy and I'm happy he was able to pull out second. Nyjah was his usual talented self (He did show emotion twice in the event so maybe he's not a robot, maybe...). Cole I still have hope that he will someday win a stop. He just gets stuck on a trick and won't trash it just so he can get some points. P-Rod still annoys me with the "praying in his hat" "signature" crap (yeah, double quote set :-p), but I still like to watch him skate. Sheckler when he hits consistent is a beast.

InsideManager
05-24-2012, 06:03 PM
It's awesome to see Bastien in some kind of mainstream contest again and it was even more awesome when he came out at the start and just shredded his two runs. I definately like the run section this year it gave it a more traditional kind of contest vibe, definately getting bored of watching Nyjah win though, I have a feeling somebody will knock him off atleast once or twice this year though. The course was actually a lot nicer than last years too I think, wish somebody would make a good recreation of it but no luck yet.

fallingskyline
05-29-2012, 01:37 AM
P-Rod still annoys me with the "praying in his hat" "signature" crap

hahaha same for me

BeatChemist
05-29-2012, 04:21 PM
Stoked to watch all of this!! Just got through the run section.

Best part of that Bastien Salabanzi interview:

Q: If you could go back in time and give one word of advice to yourself at 15, what would you say?
A: Don’t change anything, because everything is alright.