PDA

View Full Version : Skate 2 Solo Video

Einimoe
05-24-2012, 07:58 AM
A while ago I bought the skate2 filmer pack and didn't bother with it because I couldn't work it out. Well I can now so I thought I'd have a go.
All criticism is appreciated and most likely responded to, please leave a reply with some ideas on how I could improve my next video.
(I already know that the skater cuts out of view sometimes but it was too late to fix the errors)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTUMfnAXCJU&feature=youtu.be

DuMularn
05-24-2012, 08:59 AM
I'm wondering why your quality in your videos is so low. Off the top of my head I'm gonna guess it's your converter....
I really dug this...a blast from the past Skate2 stylee.

And damn I miss San Van......

SK8ERatWAR
05-24-2012, 09:08 AM
i do stuff like this when i take a break from the realistic skating, because it's easy and fun to do for a couple of minutes, but in my honest opinion i don't think it's worth uploading

Einimoe
05-24-2012, 09:44 AM
i do stuff like this when i take a break from the realistic skating, because it's easy and fun to do for a couple of minutes, but in my honest opinion i don't think it's worth uploading

I did ask for plently of criticism and tips but to be honest that was a little negative, discouraging and useless to me to even help me get better. Sorry if I seem a little harsh but I've been doing this for not even a week and you've totaly put me off.

DuMularn
05-24-2012, 04:11 PM
Atleast he was kind about it lol. I've read people tell our new membars far worse about their videos. We've got some pretty tight standards about low-pops, pop-less, perfect catch, and anything else that falls into the realism catagory. On top of that we expect creativity. If I can figure out how to get back to the old Skate2 forums I'll link you to a post I had created filled with tons of little tricks to help noobs.

But to give you a little taste of where I started...this was the 3rd video I ever took part in.

3rd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64wtKI_SgQI&feature=g-upl

Now here I am TWO years later and I'm half ashamed about my video and considering deleting it lol. It takes me hours to get a trick to look just right.....and even then some of that film just hits the cutting room floor. This is all one giant process....and all I can say is it works if you keep working it lol. All AA joking aside.....keep putting out videos and FIND YOUR STYLE!

NotedDerk
05-24-2012, 04:54 PM
don't worry about what stevie said, (SK8ERatWAR) he was merely stating his opinion, not trying to put you down.
I feel the same way, but you do you man. Never let anyone else tell you how to play, it's all about expressing yourself.

The only advice I can offer you is to browse around the videos section of the forums and see how others film their clips.
Yours weren't horrible, but they could use room for improvement.
I still need work on my long lens filming and i've been playing for a long time, haha.

SK8ERatWAR
05-25-2012, 01:20 PM
I did ask for plently of criticism and tips but to be honest that was a little negative, discouraging and useless to me to even help me get better. Sorry if I seem a little harsh but I've been doing this for not even a week and you've totaly put me off.

Sorry I didn't want to put you off, that was absolutely not my intention> I was a bit harsh to state my opinion like that, without any constructive criticism. I'm not telling you to skate the way I skate or like anyone else skates. I just think there's a bit of room for improvement in trickchoice. But seeing now, you only do this for about a week, you'll get there ;) I should show you my first video haha! Like Derk said, don't let anyone's opinion, also not mine ;p put you down and discourage you from the way you skate, because it's only an opinion, and nobody gives a fuck about opinions, if you're having fun! :D