PDA

View Full Version : My first video release Irvine Cathedral session

InsideManager
05-28-2012, 09:40 PM
This is the second video I've filmed but first I'm releasing, I have an even better full five minute length solo to release but am having editing issues so I did this shorter one up for now because I had to get something out there finally after playing the game since it was released. I'm open to any and all criticism so bring it on and yeah I know theres a lot of nosegrind shoveits lol didn't seem like that many when I filmed it though. :)

InsideManager at the Irvine Cathedral montage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGM9iNlly0o

m.seven
05-29-2012, 01:42 PM
I know theres a lot of nosegrind shoveits lol didn't seem like that many when I filmed it though.

lol,i'm the same with treflips.
vid was good man,just get rid of those nasty watermarks

DuMularn
05-29-2012, 02:34 PM
Alot of your clips start fading the second you land...and although i see it helped alot of things line up with the beat of teh song....it kinda takes away from how awesome the clip was. For Instance...at 0:38 you're about to cruise off from that awesome nosegrind thru the white whatever they are called but the fading kinda took away from that. Alo I'd like to see more 2-3 trick lines. Outside of that it looked awesome and I loved your fi;lming

BeatChemist
05-29-2012, 03:16 PM
DOPE MUSIC!!!

For a first attempt this has some real promise! Your camera work is looking good. And you have an eye for interesting tricks! Edit could use some work, as mentioned by DuMularn, but that's easy stuff to identify and fix!

Looking forward to the full solo!

Youn9Joker
05-29-2012, 05:52 PM
Looks goods

InsideManager
05-29-2012, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the feedback and positive comments guys, I have lurked around the skate communities for awhile and I know how hard criticism can be sometimes but I've watched a ton of videos on here and I learned a lot of good filming ideas and stuff that I think paid off, all the good feedback makes me feel special. I know the edit is pretty lame but I've never used windows movie maker before and it's a pretty awful program to boot haha, I'm hoping after this next couple video releases maybe somebody will want to team up and throw down on a longer video drop with better editing. Hopefully the next video will have improved editing anyways though, this was thrown together pretty quick.

As far as the watermark goes don't you need the filmer pack to get rid of it? Or is there another way? I never bought the filmer pack when it came out because I never filmed just free skated and now you can't DL it. :(

@BeatChemist yeah appreciate the music props and RIP to Robin Gibbs
Thanks for the tips DuMu and M7 much obliged. :)

r0ke
06-01-2012, 04:54 AM
Wasn't really an edit more so just some clips with background music to boot. Tricks for me were a bit out there but what did impress me was the filming. You've got pretty good filming ideas for a 1st edit and you'll only get better with time.

Keep it up.