PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen Almost "5 Incher"?

fallingskyline
06-01-2012, 11:47 PM
Been to the local premiere yesterday. Sick video we all felt like it was like 15 minutes long, but it was incredibly hard.
I could spoil all parts and shit, but this has to be seen. That being said, if you would make a fakeskatepart like Haslam's the haters would be saying "that is too arcade and unrealistic"

Monk
06-02-2012, 12:10 AM
link to full vid or it never happened.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNF_GN4l7A0 oh dear.....

fallingskyline
06-02-2012, 12:29 AM
sorry for not bootleggin it ;)

pawnluvguitarist
06-02-2012, 06:14 AM
supposed to be out june 4th, so pumped

SK8ERatWAR
06-02-2012, 10:21 AM
ooh me likey

STEEZxSTATUS
06-03-2012, 12:30 PM
link to full vid or it never happened.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNF_GN4l7A0 oh dear.....

Im hyped for daewons part!!!

replicant
06-04-2012, 03:16 AM
Some day I hope that Daewon plays in HC Mode.

EmmitBrown
06-04-2012, 07:38 AM
yeah we need a link to this badboy

mamba12
06-04-2012, 07:56 AM
can't wait to see this. tubi or skhate usually get the hook up.

here's the soundtrack if anyone's interested.

Intro - Del-Larks - Remember The Night
Christoph "Willow" Wildgrube - Mallagres - Gentle Beast
Cooper Wilt - Sparks - Angst In My Pants
Lewis Marnell - Del-Larks - Job Opening (Part 1)
Youness Amrani - The Meters - Hand Clapping Song
Montage - 1,2,3 - Work
Daewon Song - Zola Jesus - In Your Nature
Chris Haslam - Miles Benjamin Anthony Robinson - The Debtor
Credits - Futureheads - Danger of The Water

Skatehead
06-04-2012, 08:54 AM
I need this in my life.

Clayfighter
06-04-2012, 09:56 AM
gimmie gimmie gimmie

pawnluvguitarist
06-04-2012, 11:57 AM
Anyone check ITunes yet?

Should be up today :)

mamba12
06-04-2012, 12:08 PM
watch this in the meantime

http://theberrics.com/gen-ops/almost-a-battle-commander-daewon-song.html

pawnluvguitarist
06-04-2012, 01:11 PM
its up on Itunes now, $5

pawnluvguitarist
06-04-2012, 02:09 PM
soooo good

Haslam and Song killed it

knexzor
06-04-2012, 02:36 PM
Lots of really banging stuff edited in a mellow, undramatic way. The kind of video you need to rewatch multiple times to even begin to grasp the kind of shit they pulled off.
Well worth the little money I paid.

Clayfighter
06-04-2012, 09:22 PM
Fuck that was insanity

Monk
06-04-2012, 11:04 PM
lets get this on a bootleg plz? i run android- iphones blow goats

Boxerman08
06-05-2012, 12:39 AM
some heavy insane shit went down... Song and Haslam definitely killed it, but I really liked Issey's stuff too along as Lewis Marnell and Youness Amrani's stuff. So sick. Willow killed it too. Come to think of it, everyone killed it. Defs worth the 5$

EmmitBrown
06-05-2012, 10:20 AM
yeah i copped it last night. definitely worth 6 bucks. cant wait for mullens jaun when it drops.

pawnluvguitarist
06-05-2012, 11:42 AM
yeah i copped it last night. definitely worth 6 bucks. cant wait for mullens jaun when it drops.

Yeah. So pumped for that new Mullen part, watch it be all switch. Since his injury he had to skate switch and now he feels "stanceless"

As far as this vid goes. As much as I loved Haslams and Songs parts, my fav trick was that no comply over the picnic table. Mind blowing, I can get mine like 3-4 decks high and clear a parking block, but that's just nuts

Skatehead
06-06-2012, 11:42 AM
somebody sendspace, dropbox, ect this please...

madsser
06-06-2012, 11:51 AM
Yes please!

mamba12
06-06-2012, 02:25 PM
there's gotta be a link out there, otherwise skatevideosite wouldn't have crashed

pawnluvguitarist
06-06-2012, 03:52 PM
somebody sendspace, dropbox, ect this please...

I'll try tomorrow, hopefully dropbox isn't smart enough to block ITunes protected vids. I can't convert or throw the thing in IMovie or anything.

Edit

no luck with sendspace. I keep getting upload errors saying the file is in use. I guess Itunes vids are protected from these upload sites.

bohemian
06-07-2012, 12:24 AM
^^not true. of course you can send files from itunesstore anywhere using any known service. problem is opening them as they are locked to the buyers account. opening them is not hard tho.

replicant
06-07-2012, 03:02 AM
Here it is on Tudou, but remember they always have crappy buffering and it is low res.

**don't post links to copyrighted material**

Cerebus_
06-07-2012, 05:11 AM
Thanks for that link^^

The fs blunt Cooper did on that bridge ledge kinda reminded me of the Thrasher cover shot spot in OG.

pawnluvguitarist
06-07-2012, 05:31 AM
^^not true. of course you can send files from itunesstore anywhere using any known service. problem is opening them as they are locked to the buyers account. opening them is not hard tho.

Don't know what to tell you man, I tried three times, keep getting the "file in use" errors.

bohemian
06-07-2012, 05:43 AM
^^is itunes running? maybe thats blocking it?

Cerebus_
06-07-2012, 05:44 AM
I didn't see any kind of hint for a coming Rodney Mullen part though. Did I miss something?

pawnluvguitarist
06-07-2012, 05:54 AM
^^is itunes running? maybe thats blocking it?

Nope, that was the first thing I tried after attempt 1 failed, weird...

briden
06-07-2012, 08:57 AM
I didn't see any kind of hint for a coming Rodney Mullen part though. Did I miss something?

It wasn't talked about in the video; that info was from a recent interview.

pawnluvguitarist
06-07-2012, 09:12 AM
It wasn't talked about in the video; that info was from a recent interview.

I haven't seen a date confirmed for it though, anyone have any info?

yellowsnow
06-07-2012, 09:31 AM
I haven't seen a date confirmed for it though, anyone have any info?

I found a random Youtube interview a while ago where he talked about it. Can't find it again.

Basically, all he said was that he started filming again for the first time in a long while. That was about a year ago so he must have decided his part wouldn't be ready for 5-incher, and they'll probably do another video in a few years with his new footage.

briden
06-07-2012, 09:36 AM
Yeah there's no date for it. I believe the exact wording was "in the works"

pawnluvguitarist
06-07-2012, 10:02 AM
yeah, thats about as much info as i've gathered as well. I guess I'll just keep checking the Almost site and Rodneymullen.net periodically and hope it drops sooner rather than later, can't wait.

Cerebus_
06-07-2012, 10:43 AM
Ohh, well then there's nothing new. I thought there was some teaser at the end.

yellowsnow
06-07-2012, 04:04 PM
Yeah, well whenever the next video does come it out it should be really good. I thought 5-incher was pretty incredible and most of the guys didn't have much time to film. Youness and Lewis both had a part come out for Nike like 6 months ago ago. Daewon has had a bunch of web clips come out in the past few years, there was one for Spitfire like three months ago even. Haslam has broken bones in his foot twice. Willow really hasn't been on the team that long. The guy who had the most time to film was Cooper Wilt and I was least excited about his part. If they can keep the same group of guys on the team filming and healthy for a few years, not to mention the first Rodney part in forever, the next video will really be amazing.

Wiltzuh
06-07-2012, 05:08 PM
Saw it today...wasn't that good that i was expecting for. I little disappointed because the layout was very bland. Lot of stupid song choices, which made sick skating feel not so special.

Willow was good, edit was bad. Best laserflips ever.
Coopers part was short and i felt like watching leftover clips...i have seen so much better parts from him and i like his skating. But not that...
Who came after cooper ?
Well, Lewis Marnell...old dude wanted to kill him after waiting for while. He got sickest bs heel EVER in first line...wtf was that !? Edit was lame...again.
Amrani was good as almost always. Didn't he got both fakie 360s over stairs in one line !? Need to see more his stuff
Montage was edited by bunch of fool who were under influence of mental drugs, in sleep. Only thing i can remember from montage, is that crazy straight no-comply over picnic table. hell yeah !
Daewon was skating trees and rocks...not his best part for sure. I was waiting more like new-years-dae kind of supersick stuff. Even this part was sick too.
Haslam blew it up totally. Darkslide in QP, rock kickflip to fakie in BCN and that ender-manual...holy shit. His best part this far...without sounds. With sounds it doesn't feel special at all. I'm sorry

I'm happy i didn't pay 4 euros for it in iTunes, because it wasn't worth of it. Instead, i got lot of more kicks today while watching x-games real street 2012 clips...i'll be VERY confused if Jaws doesn't win
KICKFLIP MELON EL TORO 20 !?!?!?!

yellowsnow
06-07-2012, 06:49 PM
I agree that the production value wasn't so good. I guess it just didn't bother me so much; it reminded me of Cheese and Crackers. Just a shorter cheaper-made video that focuses on the skating. Worth $6 to me.

If you wanna see more Youness you should check out his part in the most recent Nike video, he did some pretty rad stuff.

I think it was Haslam's best part too, once I realized he was gonna be after Daewon I knew it was gonna be great. Every clip was solid.

Hitmanx123
06-08-2012, 07:33 AM
idk why people are dousing this video in piss.
dont expect great value from a company that hasnt converted to "HD" video...thats all ima say

video was good, songs were keh, it was a fun video. nuff salad...fuckers

p.s get a good link going you fucks!

Clayfighter
06-08-2012, 11:02 AM
idk why people are dousing this video in piss.
dont expect great value from a company that hasnt converted to "HD" video...thats all ima say

well actually alot of clips were filmed in hd, especially youness part which is almost all hd. the thing is because they had so much vx footage, they rendered the whole movie the same way. unlike the real video which looked weird because it was part hd and part vx

Demzilla
06-08-2012, 11:24 AM
the skateboarding was amazing...

the editing was good enough...

everything else is irrelevent...

pawnluvguitarist
06-08-2012, 12:46 PM
the skateboarding was amazing...

the editing was good enough...

everything else is irrelevent...

Exactly, I'll take a fun, simple edit vid with Deawon skating trees and rocks over 90% of what's out there. I love the vibe they went for on this vid

Hitmanx123
06-08-2012, 10:06 PM
well actually alot of clips were filmed in hd, especially youness part which is almost all hd. the thing is because they had so much vx footage, they rendered the whole movie the same way. unlike the real video which looked weird because it was part hd and part vx

ok yeah, that makes more sense. i was just wondring why people were expecting it to be like the next fully flared or something

mamba12
06-10-2012, 09:03 AM
fuck production. skating speaks for itself

willow was good (laser flip!!!), so were youness, marnell, and cooper.
CJ tamborino represent minnesota! lookin like a ginger haslam lol
seeing daewon skate all that nature shit validates all the rocks and trees i've skated in video games haha
haslam killed it no doubt. circus tricks, late flip shit. love it

InsideManager
06-10-2012, 11:51 AM
Video was pretty epic, Haslam and Daewon are two people I will always watch footy of and both were in top form, not a huge fan of watching Daewon repeatedly trick on rocks and trees but it was good anyways, the CJ part was pretty nice, he had some bangers and Haslams tricks were just insane, dude is a wild man. The "I'll Kill You" shit with the knife was hilarious lol.

replicant
06-11-2012, 12:18 AM
I enjoyed the video, but I think I am part of the crowd that would have enjoyed it more without the music.

Slamooh
06-11-2012, 03:01 AM
one day, daewon may get a proper filmer -_-
youness is next level
serious stuff from haslam

Legba
06-11-2012, 02:35 PM
Just watched it yesterday, its pretty sick! Its not all glitzy and super-produced, but the skating is impeccable and the soundtrack is solid. To me; its the type of skate video that DEMANDS to be watched over and over again.

Another inspiring-ass skate vid for 2012.

replicant
06-11-2012, 10:28 PM
Just watched it yesterday, its pretty sick! Its not all glitzy and super-produced, but the skating is impeccable and the soundtrack is solid. To me; its the type of skate video that DEMANDS to be watched over and over again.

Another inspiring-ass skate vid for 2012.Maybe it's just me getting old, but I thought the music was fucking horrid.

Legba
06-13-2012, 08:34 AM
Maybe it's just me getting old, but I thought the music was fucking horrid.

You getting old? Some of those songs were from the 60's and 1 from the 80's lol. I wouldn't call it horrid, or great either. Some decent place in between for me. But to each his own & whatnot. At least it seems that we can agree on the skating (AKA: The Important Part!).

replicant
06-13-2012, 10:44 PM
You getting old? Some of those songs were from the 60's and 1 from the 80's lol. I wouldn't call it horrid, or great either. Some decent place in between for me. But to each his own & whatnot. At least it seems that we can agree on the skating (AKA: The Important Part!).
The skating was most definitely quite well done.

r0ke
06-16-2012, 08:37 PM
Just got a chance to watch this......

WOW!