PDA

View Full Version : Anybody want to edit a fakeskate video part for me? $$

InsideManager
06-19-2012, 10:05 PM
I'll try to keep it short and simple, I do a lot of stuff on the side from going to University like graphic work and running a little indy label so I don't really have any time to bother learning to edit videos or the desire really. I think my skating is pretty stylish and awesome but nobody knows me around here so I want somebody who is a good and experienced editor to whip up a full part 6 min or so video for me so that somebody will sponsor me and do the editing on future videos or atleast maybe some skaters will want to collab on some videos or something. So $20 via paypal if anybody who is good at editing wants to throw down on this, I have the music and video files rar'd and ready to go.

You'll have to go through the clips though and do an editing job on them as well because I haven't seen a ton of footage and I'm new to the online video community so if I have a trick thats lame or a spot or line that's been killed to death I'd like them edited so if you are knowledgable in the fakeskate video field it'd a bonus.

I have a few specific shots for a intro or whatever I'll give details on. And yeah that's basically it, I need somebody to make my fakeskate game look impeccable so people will want to film with me, if you're interested let me know and I want somebody with some good editing skills and use of effects or whatever, not just clips faded together, I can do that myself. There are 89 clips in total but you might widdle it down some as I said, some tricks might be lame or silly or overdone. ;) That wasn't short or simple haha.

madsser
06-20-2012, 09:18 AM
Uhm......I don't know what to say......There's something wrong with this...........hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

InsideManager
06-20-2012, 09:58 AM
Doesn't really seem wrong to me haha, I mean I could edit myself but I'd have to bother downloading a program, learning to use it and I really don't have the time. I think my skating is good enough that when people see an edited video they will be like "hey I'd skate with that guy" so I dunno, I guess that's the goal. I mean I could've gone around like an ass and asked people to do it for free, but then nobody would and I'd be in the same position I am now, and somebodys time is worth money so I'll compensate them for it, just like I pay an engineer to mix down music. :D

PoppySquidJr
06-20-2012, 10:49 AM
Doesn't really seem wrong to me haha, I mean I could edit myself but I'd have to bother downloading a program, learning to use it and I really don't have the time. I think my skating is good enough that when people see an edited video they will be like "hey I'd skate with that guy" so I dunno, I guess that's the goal. I mean I could've gone around like an ass and asked people to do it for free, but then nobody would and I'd be in the same position I am now, and somebodys time is worth money so I'll compensate them for it, just like I pay an engineer to mix down music. :D

Honestly It'd probably be just a better idea to throw your clips together on Windows Movie Maker until you have more of a name. People are willing to forgive a lack of good editing if you explain that you don't have access to anything better :P

InsideManager
06-20-2012, 11:26 AM
I did throw together one montage on movie maker which was well recieved but I just don't really have the time to mess with it too much, nobody likes money around here or what?

PoppySquidJr
06-20-2012, 11:51 AM
I did throw together one montage on movie maker which was well recieved but I just don't really have the time to mess with it too much, nobody likes money around here or what?

No, it's probably more the principle of the matter. People don't generally look up to paying for somebody to make your stuff look better, it's just kinda.. weak.

InsideManager
06-20-2012, 11:59 AM
I guess paying people for their skills is weak, what are you a communist? lol

PoppySquidJr
06-20-2012, 12:05 PM
I guess paying people for their skills is weak, what are you a communist? lol

Got a drawing of Karl Marx in my room, tyvm

Mad-Hatter-314
06-20-2012, 01:19 PM
I'll edit that ish for you for $45 since you said you wanted a 6 min video. $7.50 a minute

Jebotek
06-20-2012, 01:45 PM
what if you dont get ,,sponsered" afterwards?

InsideManager
06-20-2012, 02:03 PM
Then I'm just going to cry and resort back to sloppy movie maker edits I guess lol. :(

Sickone
06-20-2012, 02:45 PM
Whatever you do not make it 6 minutes long, that's way too long for a sponsor me video. If you're new to filming, in a year you'll wish you made it shorter, much shorter.

InsideManager
06-20-2012, 02:58 PM
Thats a good suggestion sick, I thought about that but I also feel like if nobody wants to ever edit my stuff or collab with me for future videos, I'd like to have atleast one full part haha, so I dunno, seems like it might end up being a crappy movie maker edit anyways, I feel like atleast 85% of the clips are bangers though I'm pretty picky and anal about what I save trick wise. Appreciate the advice though my man, will take into consideration.

Sickone
06-20-2012, 03:19 PM
I was like that, when I first saw a montage I just wanted one, didn't care who edited it. After a while you realise its half the fun so better to get into it asap man.

madsser
06-21-2012, 09:43 AM
Well. To get "sponsored", you need to create a name for yourself. Get to know people make people like you, meet someone that wants to "sponsor" you. And I too hate the word "sponsored" when talking about fakeskating. Sponsoring include any kind of perks. There's no perks when getting on a team, other than being able to put their name in the front of the video.

My best suggestion is, if you really want to get into fakeskating, you can't always count on people always wanting to edit for you. I'm on 2 teams at the moment, and I still edit all of my videos myself. So take some time off, get to know the programs. It doesn't take too long to get the basic idea of how to edit. Just throw it in and throw some music over it........That's basically my best suggestion for you.

InsideManager
06-21-2012, 11:43 AM
I'm a little iffy on illegally obtaining an editing program too, I have thousands of dollars worth of audio from new albums and stuff sitting on my HD and I really hate going to these spyware filled sites to get programs, I guess the gest of the poast has been that I guess I should become self-sufficient in editing, I just want to get some fun video projects out there with some dudes so I guess maybe you guys are right and learning to atleast semi-edit myself would be good. My knowledge of graphics programs might come in handy on the learning curve.

InsideManager
06-22-2012, 07:44 PM
Well I messed around with my footage in movie maker all day and several clips including my big ender wouldn't work for whatever reason, I kept having trouble with the audio showing up with huge empty lengths and I couldn't publish it to save my soul. :(

So I downloaded Vegas 8.0 and it seems to work fine but I can't seem to get my footage into the program, using the old config I got audio without video, then I tried a new config and got an error trying to load the videos. I'm using Panzera converter, anybody have any tips or want to tell me what setting they use to convert the clips?

Jebotek
06-23-2012, 03:09 AM
http://skatefluckit.com/showthread.php?t=8792

BannerBoy360
06-23-2012, 04:02 AM

ya dude, cus everyone on fluckit just sits in front of their computer and xbox editing and filming right? its ot as if any of us actually have a real life. o.O

SK8ERatWAR
06-23-2012, 07:00 AM
you don't need fancy editing if your stuff is good. If your stuff is crap, amazing editing will not make it look better.
just make video after video after video after video after video after video, with every one you'll progress in your skating and editing, and also will get you more notice.
Asking people to edit for money is just.. I don't know, I think it's a big no no and especially in this community where everybody gets their respect as they earn it by bringing out good vids, and the most important, just by having fun and being respectful.
eventually you'll get there. btw, if you do it just for the views, then you're doing it for the wrong reasons, of course I love to have as much views as possible, but mostly I do it because I LOVE doing this and I LOVE this community.

PoppySquidJr
06-23-2012, 07:15 AM
you don't need fancy editing if your stuff is good. If your stuff is crap, amazing editing will not make it look better.
just make video after video after video after video after video after video, with every one you'll progress in your skating and editing, and also will get you more notice.
Asking people to edit for money is just.. I don't know, I think it's a big no no and especially in this community where everybody gets their respect as they earn it by bringing out good vids, and the most important, just by having fun and being respectful.
eventually you'll get there. btw, if you do it just for the views, then you're doing it for the wrong reasons, of course I love to have as much views as possible, but mostly I do it because I LOVE doing this and I LOVE this community.

Very, very well worded.

Fecal Face
06-23-2012, 07:43 AM
I will totally do this haha. I'm broke and I desire something to edit!

InsideManager
06-23-2012, 08:11 AM
LOL I can see where you guys are coming from with the whole "earning your stripes" thing but in the context of a video game it seems a little silly lol, either way though I am attempting to edit my own parts it just seems to be disaster after disaster after "cannot publish this movie", it's pretty much to the point where I'm considering just giving up on filming and going back to playing fight night or something, I love the community and filming but I just can't seem to even put out a crappy video with movie maker, it just never will publish. And on the topic of the paying thing I personally consider it more respectful to say "hey I can't do this myself, you're good at it and I value your time here's money to do it" rather than to just run around and beg and ask people to do it for free or help me out, because honestly sometimes it feels like theres a "locals only" vibe and nobody really wants to help out the new dude trying to get footy out there, however I do appreciate the few of you guys who come in and offer criticism and ideas. Nothing sinister behind the motives I'm just at my wits end messing with converters and editors without any guidance and being sad. :(

InsideManager
06-23-2012, 08:13 AM
ya dude, cus everyone on fluckit just sits in front of their computer and xbox editing and filming right? its ot as if any of us actually have a real life. o.O

Hence the offering of money? Makes sense to me.

SK8ERatWAR
06-23-2012, 08:46 AM
LOL I can see where you guys are coming from with the whole "earning your stripes" thing but in the context of a video game it seems a little silly lol, either way though I am attempting to edit my own parts it just seems to be disaster after disaster after "cannot publish this movie", it's pretty much to the point where I'm considering just giving up on filming and going back to playing fight night or something, I love the community and filming but I just can't seem to even put out a crappy video with movie maker, it just never will publish. And on the topic of the paying thing I personally consider it more respectful to say "hey I can't do this myself, you're good at it and I value your time here's money to do it" rather than to just run around and beg and ask people to do it for free or help me out, because honestly sometimes it feels like theres a "locals only" vibe and nobody really wants to help out the new dude trying to get footy out there, however I do appreciate the few of you guys who come in and offer criticism and ideas. Nothing sinister behind the motives I'm just at my wits end messing with converters and editors without any guidance and being sad. :(

earning your stripes sounds silly? that's life buddy, you're not getting into harvard without showing them that you've got what it takes.. being sponsored in a game doesn't sound silly to you then? seriously dude.. if you're confident enough that your footy is good than you don't need a good edit. It's all about the tricks, NOT the editing.
giving money to make someone edit for you is begging in my eyes.. make friends, be active in the community.. This doesn't help people liking your videos, neither will better editing do.
and bannerboy was being sarcastic, you thinking that it's true what he said is just disrespectful to everyone here on fluckit.

InsideManager
06-23-2012, 08:51 AM
You need to get a grip on reality man lol, this is a video game forum. And yes I see the sarcasm in what he said but I don't assume that every single person who posts here is busy as hell all the time, I'm sure some of you guys have free time and in that free time I'm sure a lot of you guys like to edit videos and make money, so I made the offer. And it is less about making bad footage look good and more about making good footage viewable in any sense of the term, but alas I don't really want to argue with everybody here and I can see some of you guys have your e-reps hurt by my even offering so thanks to everybody who constructively gave feedback.

Fecal Face
06-23-2012, 09:13 AM
You need to get a grip on reality man lol, this is a video game forum. And yes I see the sarcasm in what he said but I don't assume that every single person who posts here is busy as hell all the time, I'm sure some of you guys have free time and in that free time I'm sure a lot of you guys like to edit videos and make money, so I made the offer. And it is less about making bad footage look good and more about making good footage viewable in any sense of the term, but alas I don't really want to argue with everybody here and I can see some of you guys have your e-reps hurt by my even offering so thanks to everybody who constructively gave feedback.

*cough* I'll do it. *cough*

I film and edit real skate footage with a Sony VX2000, a death lens and Sony Vegas if you need credentials haha

InsideManager
06-23-2012, 09:20 AM
LOL Sorry man I didn't mean to ignore your offer to do it, I've just been messing around with movie maker all day publishing the video is miniscule parts and seeing if I can reassemble them in some kind of working order, but if I keep continiously failing at what I'm doing I will for sure keep you in mind especially after viewing your artwork. I work with music a lot and so I often pay mixers, producers, engineers, artists, etc. so maybe around here it seems arrogant to offer monetary reward but I am used to and expecting to pay people for their skills and talent, which I think is reasonable, I hate doing free artwork or even being asked so, I guess to clarify I don't mean any disrespect whatsoever by asking, it's alltogether respectful if anything I think.

Fecal Face
06-23-2012, 09:23 AM
LOL Sorry man I didn't mean to ignore your offer to do it, I've just been messing around with movie maker all day publishing the video is miniscule parts and seeing if I can reassemble them in some kind of working order, but if I keep continiously failing at what I'm doing I will for sure keep you in mind especially after viewing your artwork. I work with music a lot and so I often pay mixers, producers, engineers, artists, etc. so maybe around here it seems arrogant to offer monetary reward but I am used to and expecting to pay people for their skills and talent, which I think is reasonable, I hate doing free artwork or even being asked so, I guess to clarify I don't mean any disrespect whatsoever by asking, it's alltogether respectful if anything I think.

Forsure man. Keep at it! There's some free video editors out there for download (or you could Torrent some nice ones...but I didn't say that) if you want something other than WMM to work with.

InsideManager
06-23-2012, 09:26 AM
Yeah WMM is simple and I got the grasp of it within like 3 minutes, I obtained Vegas 8.0 and it seems fairly straight forward but I'm having a lot of trouble getting the clips in a readable format for the program, seems like I will either get an error, no video, or just not be able to import the videos at all, so far Vegas has been troubling haha.

Fecal Face
06-23-2012, 09:34 AM
It's probably still in FLV format. I'm not sure what converters people are using nowadays since I haven't edited a Skate 3 video for a long time, but there are some out there with decent quality. Vegas really likes .avi files, so if you can convert it into that you should be golden.

InsideManager
06-23-2012, 09:40 AM
Yeah, I appreciate the help man, WMM works best with MPEG files as far as I can tell, so I was used to that format, but I did figure out vegas likes avi's but configuring exactly what settings to convert to in AVI has been a bit hit or miss for me, I think I might have some new settings figured out, but for now at the very least it seems like I got all my clips loaded into WMM and should be able to atleast get a video finished. Only problem is there is no editing whatsoever just clips mashed together with music lol but it is better than nothing. I keep getting the clips like freezing for a split second at the end of each clip which kind of messes up the flow some, need to experiment with Vegas I guess.

Fecal Face
06-23-2012, 09:44 AM
It's freezing in Vegas or WMM? I used to get freezing in Vegas too, I can't remember why or what fixed it though. I think it might have something to do with either the filetype or the cutting of the clip itself. If its in WMM its probably the cutting of the clip.

InsideManager
06-23-2012, 09:52 AM
The second long freezing thing was in WMM, seems like the program can't process a ton of clips or info at once, have to do it in like 1 minute sections, should have this solo posted in a little bit and you'll be able to see what I mean. I'd like to get my videos to the quality level of some of the better guys who skate here, seems like It's going to take a bit of work to get there. When are you going to drop a new fakeskate part Fecal?

Fecal Face
06-23-2012, 10:19 AM
Well I'm picking up the s3 Filmer Pack today finally, so I should have a short one done by Monday. I'm pretty stoked to get back into the scene haha. Im also building a CAP to start a Barrier Kult collabo, hopefully that should be done within the next few weeks. I saw that you uploaded your part, i'll check it out.

agusbmxarg
06-23-2012, 10:36 AM
$20? U$D??, Hmmm...

OP, I'll do it. Just be sure to send me 1 million local pesos in unmarked non-consecutive twenties, attached to the instructions (no funny stuff, please).

InsideManager
06-23-2012, 10:43 AM
Unmarked peso-twenties? Oooooh :eek: