PDA

View Full Version : New Futurama Episodes.

saunders420
06-28-2012, 06:07 PM
Anybody watch em yet?

What's your thought/opinion?

replicant
06-29-2012, 03:54 AM
Depends on if you mean the new season or the comedy central rebirth of the show.

If you mean new season, then I think it started out just fine
The couple new episodes have been pretty solid and entertaining.
The time paradox Nixon episode I especially enjoyed.

If you mean the Comedy Central rebirth... It's both a love and hate thing.
I enjoy the show and think it honestly is as good as when it first came out.
The "Hate" aspect is how they got everyone from the original show to sign
up for it, then started to fire people or not negotiate with them. I think they
lost like 3/4 of the original writing staff. They almost decided to fire all voice
actors and use impersonators. o_O!

fallingskyline
06-29-2012, 06:41 AM
by new episodes you mean the second half of the sixth season or the seventh season?

but on the other hand, i effing love them.

mamba12
06-29-2012, 07:03 AM
this new season has been pretty good so far.

bender raising a child was both hilarious and emotional. something futurama does very well. same with the martian-calendar-end-of-the-world. also had some good zapp lines in that ep.

didn't like this week's show. i really don't like politics, so this didn't sit with me.

But it's still more futurama, and i can't disagree with that.

saunders420
06-29-2012, 08:11 AM
Rebirth on comedy central...Season 7/ Shoulda have been a little more specific.

Replicant you have given me more insight than I think I would want to know......HOW WOULD ANYONE.....In their right mind.....Want to Fire writers of Futurama?!?!?! DUMBASS'

That last episode(The Nixon vs Traverse) was AMAZING.....when Traverse disappeared and Nixon "WON", was a perfect way to expose the truth being that We are not only fucked and we can't do anything about it. But we are seriously FUCKED. I dont know how many people Forgot Traverse's name after he got swiped....but I sure as hell was surpirsed that I forgot his name.....I rewinded just so I could recall it. Just proved so many things to me. I think the new direction has a lot of thought put into it. A LOT.

I also read the first episode of season 7 took about a year./// o.O

fallingskyline
06-29-2012, 08:40 PM

<3

and saunders you were right about traverse name, same thing happened to me. but it made perfect sense.

momadaddy
06-29-2012, 09:07 PM
i think futurama has always been a solid show. i think the one about robosexuals is my fav they have done since comedy central picked up the show. this weeks was really well done as well.

replicant
06-30-2012, 12:07 AM
Yeah, Futurama has a nice ability to capture RL situations and expose their absolute absurdity
like was shown in the Decision 3012 episode. Family Guy, South Park, The Simpsons, and
American Dad have their moments as well when it comes to US animation. I am just a major
cartoon geek. It is very fair to say that I watch more animated shows than I do live action stuff.
Very few tv shows keep me entertained like Japanese and US animation does.