PDA

View Full Version : i can't believe this

exoskate89
07-11-2012, 06:10 PM
check this out...
big surprise
especially for DGK
http://www.hookit.com/members/youwillsoon/blog/?id=f9b98e9a-e127-4e93-bdc2-0939d8cf25f1

momadaddy
07-11-2012, 08:37 PM
the biebs! hell yeah! dirty gomez kid. werd

m.seven
07-11-2012, 08:51 PM
i wanna see this video before i catch bieber fever.
when all's said and done stevie williams will be known as either a marketing genius or be cast out of skateboarding.
sellout..or just cashin' in?

fallingskyline
07-11-2012, 09:40 PM
i cannot get away from the feeling of being april fooled in july... (esp. after the date of the link)

andreas
07-11-2012, 09:50 PM
^ but goddamn selena would get it.

m.seven
07-11-2012, 10:17 PM
is it just me or do those DGK hats on beiber look photoshopped?

Hitmanx123
07-12-2012, 12:13 AM
gross

Legba
07-12-2012, 12:21 AM
Jeeze, this is somehow more damaging than that damn Avril song that cost me some potential girlfriends lol.

I can't say I back Stevie on this one...but, oh well, my opinion doesn't change his pockets!

OH, and did anyone else peep the ripstick in that garage-ollie pic? :rolleyes:

r0ke
07-12-2012, 06:22 AM
Stoked

Permy
07-12-2012, 09:16 AM
i cannot get away from the feeling of being april fooled in july... (esp. after the date of the link)

this

PyR0MaNiAc225
07-12-2012, 10:26 AM
the biebs! hell yeah! dirty gomez kid. werd
I read your comment and thought they signed Biebel for a second. Mini heart attack

pawnluvguitarist
07-12-2012, 11:43 AM
If there's one good way to look at this, its getting skating more mainstream or helping keep it there,which couldn't hurt as far as funding for new parks and whatnot. I don't really follow the teams or the pros at all so I don't know if DGK is known for this kinda signing.

Antwan
07-12-2012, 12:45 PM
In My Opinion

One of DGK's mottos is "For Those Who Come From Nothing." DGK is all about rising up as high as you can possibly can, being the best you can possibly be, and proving the haters wrong. Some little white boy from suburban Canada is about as likely to become the world's biggest popstar as some little ghetto kid from Philly is to start one of skateboarding's strongest brands. My homey Biebs is a perfect fit for DGK."
Not a fan of Justin's music but I respect it and think this is cool.. I like the underdog story though.

"For real." Williams adds, backing up his new business partner. "Lotta dudes out there think that Bieber's just a phony, just a poser, or some sort of sissy boy, nahmsayin? A real soft bitch. But people forget that Justin's been skating almost as long as he's been singin'."
Apparently he has been skating a while, there's a picture of him in the article skating.. looks younger.
It's just clothing man. I think it's cool that Stevie went into it so open minded.
Everything Relates if you let it, Everyone relates.
No one is behind you or anyone else.
We're Equal.

Think about it, Dismiss it.. That's just what I thought in reading.

JakeSkate306
07-12-2012, 12:49 PM
DGK just lost that much respect.

Monk
07-12-2012, 10:11 PM
i hear hes got FS 180s on lock down off curbs...

unplannedman
07-12-2012, 10:53 PM
respect for DGK -20

Dead_Head
07-15-2012, 08:51 AM
I can't think of anyone who better embodies "Dirty Ghetto Kids" than a white pop singer from rural Ontario.

Legba
07-15-2012, 02:24 PM
I can't think of anyone who better embodies "Dirty Ghetto Kids" than a white pop singer from rural Ontario.

Leave it to Bieber! :p

Boxerman08
07-15-2012, 02:52 PM

This comment is great hahaha

I was never too crazy about DGK, but i think this is pretty controversial... Not a fan of beibs at all, but like some have said, it can only help skateboarding by making it more mainstream, and hence the possibilities of more skateparks, etc. but then again, not sure what Stevie Williams was thinking on that one, but it might benefit DGK in terms of marketing or they can just lose credibility and die out...

rzrfvr
07-16-2012, 07:27 AM
Uhm, guys, you do know that this is in fact an april fool's joke right?

bengrover
07-16-2012, 12:00 PM
Uhm, guys, you do know that this is in fact an april fool's joke right?

Would be a good business move for DGK if it were to be true though.

Even if they lost the skate side of the market who disagreed with it, imagine the amount of little gays... guys sorry and girls who would purchase DKG stuff cause Bieber is wearing it.

Id do it for a good wage.

rzrfvr
07-16-2012, 03:18 PM
I don't think it would be such a great business move. Sure they might sell a little more for a while, but to a demographic that they don't really cater to normally which would probably lead to some serious mistakes down the road. Especially if Bieber went elsewhere after awhile.

Legba
07-18-2012, 11:53 AM
I don't think it would be such a great business move. Sure they might sell a little more for a while, but to a demographic that they don't really cater to normally which would probably lead to some serious mistakes down the road. Especially if Bieber went elsewhere after awhile.

Exactly.
I mean dude's approaching 18 right? (I dunno how old he is). There's no way his stylist will let him keep the same look. Once those lil stars turn 18 they're forced to take on a more "grown" look.
But shit, I'm sure DGK will see a little boost from this for the time being. I mean kids from Canadian suburbia can afford to buy more gear than kids from the dirty ghettos...or dirty kids from the ghetto?....you get what I mean! lol