PDA

View Full Version : Adobe After Effects Ramping Tutorial Using the 50% and 100% clips

Boxerman08
08-15-2012, 12:20 PM
Agus had asked me if I could show him how I ramp my clips on AE, and I've figured out how to sort of do them properly thanks to VirtualParadise, so here's a quick tutorial for it. This method is usally used for skate 2 since it doesn't have the in-game ramping tab, but it can be used for both. Thanks for watching, and if you have problems, I'll do my best to help you out.

Here's the vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFA6X-WpBt0

STEEZxSTATUS
08-15-2012, 12:28 PM
Agus had asked me if I could show him how I ramp my clips... here's the tut, which could help others as well. This is mostly used for skate 2 since you don't have the in-game ramping option, but it can be used for both skate 2 and skate 3. Here's the vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFA6X-WpBt0

that looks soo clean gotta try that type of ramping nice job boxer.-steez

agusbmxarg
08-15-2012, 01:11 PM
<3 a/h

I'm watching this later. Thanks again, mate.

Boxerman08
08-15-2012, 08:21 PM
No problem dude, hope it helps.

SK8ERatWAR
08-16-2012, 04:40 AM
wow thanks dude! I'll definitely watch this later

agusbmxarg
08-16-2012, 01:02 PM
I'm having issues with this, AE may be fucked up, like, I know how to do normal ramped slowmos, I remember I used to click the ctrl button, then drag some line and boalá, a ramped time parable. Now the ctrl button does this 'pen' function that I dont know what is for, and don't know how to change it back to the original button function.

Boxerman08
08-16-2012, 01:53 PM
Oy.. that's messed bro. I don't know AE enough to be able to help you out with this one. :/ Try asking Deacon, he seems to know his way around the program... hopefully enough to help you out on that one.

Edit: Now that I think of it, it's the shift button you're supposed to hold (Not sure if it's the same for PC, but I use the shift key). Have you tried both, ctrl and shift?

agusbmxarg
08-16-2012, 04:21 PM
My bad, yes, it's the shift key indeed. But I got that pen thingy with the shift.

Boxerman08
08-16-2012, 04:22 PM
For the pen thingy I think I know what it could be. At the very top, where there's like arrows and what not, top left, click that maybe? lol Idk...

emericaridr11
08-16-2012, 08:02 PM
Agus ...
your holding shift down right? then dragging the lines
not just tapping shift once

Fecal Face
08-16-2012, 08:49 PM
This may sound stupid, but I only ramp my RL skate footy, and I ramp game footy in game, so, yeah. What's the point of the two clips?

Boxerman08
08-16-2012, 09:43 PM
The point of the two clips thing is mainly used for skate 2 because you don't have the speed tabs unlike skate 3. If you slow down a 100% clip, you're gonna get shitty quality, so that's the point of uploading a 50% clip, speed it up to it's original speed, ramp it, and use the audio from the 100% clip so it doesn't sound as bad as if you used the audio from the sped up 50% clip.

agusbmxarg
08-17-2012, 05:00 AM
Agus ...
your holding shift down right? then dragging the lines
not just tapping shift once

Yup, and I've done several rampings a few months ago, and It used to work well. Now looks like my keyboard is fucked up (but it's not my keyboard the issue here :( )

This may sound stupid, but I only ramp my RL skate footy, and I ramp game footy in game, so, yeah. What's the point of the two clips?

You have a VX1K right? that records at interlaced 60 frames per sec, you can get a much fluid ramped slowmo (along with the frame blending, idk if u use that too).
I don't know about skate 3, but S2 renders replay vids at 30fps w/ its shitty sound so ramped 100%speed clips don't look good.

If I can't get my AE working, would someone help me with some ramps? I can pay you with internet points, or internet cookies.

Boxerman08
08-17-2012, 09:29 AM
If I can't get my AE working, would someone help me with some ramps? I can pay you with internet points, or internet cookies.

Lol I can help you with your ramps if you need. Doesn't take much time, so it wouldn't be time consuming really, unless you send me like 100 clips to be ramped within a short time haha but I'm always down to help out people man.