PDA

View Full Version : 5-Love

Antwan
08-25-2012, 07:10 AM
This is really just a self video haha..
To see where I'm falling out, Get back into this editing thing..
Little teaser for the No comply Video I guess.
I know my footing isn't great but bare with me Haven't skated in a while and this is like my 4th Session on the Old School Board. Cheers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6KVtIvSKTs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6KVtIvSKTs

pawnluvguitarist
08-25-2012, 03:54 PM
you're getting some good pop and flips. Still need to really work on the steps and the landings. Not only is your foot still on the ground on landing but it looks like you have a good amount of weight on that foot as well. Its a bad habit to get into, you're going to get comfortable with that then have to almost totally re learn it when you want to get it right. As you progress maybe try something more basic like a no comply shuv. Really focus on getting the one step and landing bolts then take it from there. Just a thought.

Antwan
08-25-2012, 04:00 PM
Yeah I know it man.. It's the oldschool board.
It feels awkward to me.. like My natural approach to even just doing a manual on this new setup has my toes hanging off
and I land some tricks with my toes hanging off.
A bit of hesitation on my part.. Having trouble feeling the new size.
The shuvs thing is a good idea though. Noted. Cheers.

Fecal Face
08-25-2012, 06:45 PM
If anything it should be easier to do no comply tricks on a fatter board with bigger wheels. I have a filmer board that has bigger wheels so I roll over cracks, and no complys are so cake.

Antwan
08-26-2012, 04:51 AM
Yeah.. I might think about bigger wheels at some point.
Kind of annoying that they aren't flush to the board.. not just the visual but to carve, can't even do a primo
the board doesn't tilt completely on it's side.. never seen anything like it.
I don't really know much about setups.. could it be the truck size?
Like is there specific lengths? I dunno.. Work with what I have usually..
Skate shops are a good ways away.
Oh Well, still a decent gift.

bengrover
08-26-2012, 07:12 AM
I don't know why Im giving feedback as everytime prior i have been abused but anyway...

I wouldn't count any of those as makes myself. I personally feel that it's too easy to pop the board, do a little hop skip and a jump then ride away. Looks as if you're just stopping on that foot, when really you should just be tapping it on the ground (don't know how else to describe it). It all looks like it needs to be sped up a hell of a lot. Maybe try speeding up to carry more momentum into the trick, this way it could reduce the steps you take. Maybe reduce the pop a little so you're not having to wait for the board to come around so long.

I'd personally work on getting the tricks solid before you worry about putting an edit together. One great vid is better than 100 mediocre ones.

Antwan
08-26-2012, 07:44 AM
Abused :rolleyes:
I get what you're saying.
"pop the board, do a little hop skip and a jump then ride away"
Hey, I see it as progress man.. When I first tried to ride the old school board I couldn't even do that. Just Sayin.
Filming is the only thing that is keeping me motivated to skate, I'm not planing on releasing several videos every time I try something but Here's to getting back into it and sharing. No one skates around where I live, so I Record myself and share it online When I feel I've made some kind of progress. I wouldn't even approach the closest skate park until I got things dialed. I'm just now starting to feel comfortable riding the big block.