PDA

View Full Version : the walking dead (telltale game series)

fallingskyline
08-30-2012, 12:04 AM
with episode 3 released, i wanna know how you like the series?

i for myself, love the series. the characters are great and you kinda feel sorry for actions you choose, i will not spoiler anything, since that would be ass. but the game is kinda intense for a "point-n-click" adventure, yeah i know most of the time it feels like a long interactive cut-scene but i couldn't care less about it, since i love the twists in the story (there's a big one in episode 3) which made me really feel kinda guilty for having lost "the wrong person"... well maybe it was for the best.

Hitmanx123
08-30-2012, 01:46 AM
uuuuuugggghhhh tell me bout it

m.seven
08-30-2012, 07:27 AM
i was really surprised with how much i love this game.i've never struggled with the choices i make in a video game like this.
Ep. 3 was amazing,and quite shocking.can't wait to see what happens in the next episode.

Slamooh
08-30-2012, 08:00 AM
i am curious.
i just hope it's way better than the tv show (which is terrible compared to comics)

Ladd279
08-30-2012, 08:25 AM
Haven't got to play the 3rd yet but absolutely love the first 2. Like m7 I'm actually nervous picking decisions lol

m.seven
08-30-2012, 08:36 AM
yeah,there were alot of choices in this game where i was trying to decide what to do and going "shit,shit,shit" as the time was expiring.

i have the comics on my laptop and have read a few issues,so i'm not really knowledgable on the story as they go but i honestly like the show.i suppose if i read more of the comics i'd see the difference but to me it's entertaining,which the whole point of television for me.

Slamooh
08-30-2012, 08:49 AM
the tv show is too slow and way less intense. Kinda like zombies in my lil pony land...
i know it's dumb but if such an event happenend people would act more like in the comics rather than in the tv show... raw stuff, more violence, more "realism" if it makes sense...

not 5 fucking episodes in a farm waiting for who knows what....

m.seven
08-30-2012, 08:57 AM
haha,yeah that was really pointless.i get what you're saying though,the pacing of the show is pretty slow.hopefully things'll pick up in the next season.
i really need to read the comics more though.

Slamooh
08-30-2012, 09:01 AM
i do recommend it :cool:

fallingskyline
08-30-2012, 09:01 AM
i haven't read one comic. i watched most episodes of the two seasons of the tv show and i somewhat liked it. it's very slow paced, that's true, but it works pretty well for me. on the other hand, the tv show is a joke compared to this game. this really is one of those games, were i regret deciding this way not that way. i loved the first two episodes, the 3rd tops both of them AND wants me to go back to episode two, or one, to see what would the story be like if i did it that way. this episode has some really intense moments when it comes to the story, and these aren't that nice. tough stuff, a really mature game and that without being just blood, gore and shooting heads off.

Slamooh
08-30-2012, 09:04 AM
thanks for this frank. I'll give it a try :D

welli f you guys want comics... :rolleyes:

SK8ERatWAR
08-30-2012, 09:49 AM
the tv show is too slow and way less intense. Kinda like zombies in my lil pony land...
i know it's dumb but if such an event happenend people would act more like in the comics rather than in the tv show... raw stuff, more violence, more "realism" if it makes sense...

I actually like the pace of it, not every fucking episode giant zombie killing scenes.. brings out the characters a bit better imo. (I also read the comics, I'm at book 55)
in book 50 or something, there was such a big change in the story that it put me off for almost 2 months, but I'm back into it now.

now on topic
I played the trial.. so I can't say much for the full episodes.. but I really liked the trial, even though it was really short

Hitmanx123
08-30-2012, 04:26 PM
its called charactor development flukerz. but yea the game sells for how much content is in it

briden
08-30-2012, 08:51 PM
**SPOILER ALERT**

I watched a few alternate choice videos on youtube, and it seems like 99% of your choices don't actually matter.

fallingskyline
08-30-2012, 11:47 PM
**SPOILER ALERT**

I watched a few alternate choice videos on youtube, and it seems like 99% of your choices don't actually matter.

There are some choices, that would matter i guess. Like who to safe or who to blame and whatnot