View Full Version : real sounds test

exoskate89
09-03-2012, 04:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOHuEPEAWxE&feature=g-upl

just testing real skate sounds on fake skate clips

more to come

m.seven
09-04-2012, 08:52 AM
yeah,not too bad exo.timing's pretty good.
only thing i'd say is maybe try to find a sliding sound for the nose/tail slides that's more pronounced.just seemed too quiet to me

exoskate89
09-04-2012, 09:43 AM
yeah,not too bad exo.timing's pretty good.
only thing i'd say is maybe try to find a sliding sound for the nose/tail slides that's more pronounced.just seemed too quiet to me

thanks m7

yeah it was kinda silent... the real trick with that sound was a boadslide 270 out
all other slides i had were to short and most of the rail sounds i had were grinds

i am a snail
09-04-2012, 10:40 AM
thanks m7

yeah it was kinda silent... the real trick with that sound was a boadslide 270 out
all other slides i had were to short and most of the rail sounds i had were grinds
tip: if a sound is too short cut a middle section out of the sound and loop it :3

Deacon
09-04-2012, 04:39 PM
tip: if a sound is too short cut a middle section out of the sound and loop it :3

This.

Also that's a good trick for the "quiet" bit between the flick and the connect with rail/ledge/ground etc.

Another trick i use is layering sounds to make them stand out more.

If you use multiple clips for different sections of a line for instance, it always helps to leave the original sound on the clip just dial it down. that way you get background city sounds which help mask any cuts in sound. You tube also has plenty of long videos that are just recording of surroundings like city etc add that to sound also helps mask sound cuts and gives the sound depth.

Editing to music is another good way.

nice works so far though dude.

exoskate89
09-04-2012, 05:33 PM
thanks man!
do you think you can send me a link for background city sounds?

Ayreon
09-04-2012, 06:02 PM
make sure when the cam if further away, you turn the sounds down so they sounds further away.

good work tho.

real sounds is something i never bothered, or will ever bother to do.

Deacon
09-07-2012, 07:45 AM
I'll dig em out and link them to you.

exoskate89
09-07-2012, 06:01 PM
I'll dig em out and link them to you.

thanks man

InsideManager
09-07-2012, 07:14 PM
Was pretty cool Exo, seemed to work and sound better on some tricks than others, but some of them sounded just like the game to me haha, I dig your shirts and boards though, keep it coming Exo always like your stuff.