PDA

View Full Version : Skate 3 Vs. Skate 2?

riki2cool
09-08-2012, 08:37 AM
What do you think?

In my opinion, if it wasn't for the Park builder or the hardcore mode in Skate 3 it would have failed hard. The graphics looked beautiful in Skate 2 with all the post-processing. In Skate 3 it's all just a bright mess. The bail physics were incredibly dissapointing in skate 3, is you're skater made out of unbendable metal or something? He's as stiff as a fucking stick! It didn't help that you could bounce around like a fucking moron either. I like the Skate 2 physics better, they where alot more realistic and arguably the best ever in a video game. The overall physics in S3 was as well is wonky as fuck. Don't even get me started on S3 soundtrack either, It only had like 5 good songs which got boring real quickly. The S1 soundtrack was the best in my opinion, but s2 was also pretty swell. The city in S2 was awesome, maybe a tad more darker than s1, but still pretty good. The city in s3 is humiliating. Everything is a quick copy and paste design with millions of stupid oversized stairs. Talking about oversized, the city in s3 was just to big for Normal/hardcore mode to handle. Same as the missions, some where impossible on Hardcore. (*cough* Marraffa own the lot *couch) And I hated the BnW design on the props.

Overall:

Skate 2:
-Awesome city
-Awesome soundtrack
-Good physics
-Included alot of new tricks
-Lots of fun secret areas

Skate 3:
-Hardcore mode.
-Included better customization options and the park creator
-Made moving around a bit easier

And for some nostalgia:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wrmaSFkICA&list=FLx3bTqx404us58naB3Cdx-w&index=42&feature=plpp_video

SK8ERatWAR
09-08-2012, 08:57 AM
you quite summed it up right there.. but neither of them equalled OG skate

riki2cool
09-08-2012, 09:05 AM
Yep, OG was definitely the best one. I remember first trying the demo, I had never heard of it before and excepted it to be something like Tony Hawk. I was very surprised when I first played it. Oh man i'm getting all nostalgic now. Why did they go so wrong with skate 3?

madsser
09-09-2012, 08:45 AM
I by far has had more fun in skate 3.
The only memories I have from Skate 2 was the terrible replay editor. Every 4 seconds either ghosting or the camera goes flying away cause it hit the ground. fuck that.

i am a snail
09-09-2012, 09:43 AM
Yep, OG was definitely the best one. I remember first trying the demo, I had never heard of it before and excepted it to be something like Tony Hawk. I was very surprised when I first played it. Oh man i'm getting all nostalgic now. Why did they go so wrong with skate 3?
because ea rushed it to development

m.seven
09-09-2012, 10:01 AM
for all it's flaws 3 i've gotten the most out of 3.
i never knew about the online community until it came out,plus CAP and hardcore mode.
i like the look and feel of 2 most though,even though i rarely play it anymore,and OG was just so new and fresh after years of THPS

jerr bear
09-09-2012, 10:52 AM
They feel like different games to me, all three of them.

Antwan
09-09-2012, 12:18 PM
They feel like different games to me, all three of them.
Agreeing with JB? Holy Shit. This.
In Terms of Play Style and My Personal Experience..
OG Is Best for Low Pop/Popless
S2 Is Best for one foot and Revert variations
S3 Is Best for Difficulty, Hardcore mode and finding a new spot is rare but seems to be worth it when you get it all going
for that brand new banging video, Skate 3 really brought out my creative side and still continues to..
I've had the most fun with Skate 3.

In terms of Nostalgia..
Nothing will beat the first day I picked up the Controller for the OG Skate Demo in Gamestop
I wouldn't have approached a PS3 Normally but it's what they had set up at the time..
Nothing will ever beat that first sensation of getting things dialed with flick it controls, NOTHING.
Felt like actually skating, the time put in to learning this brand new thing and flicking it felt so unreal.

Skate 2 Was A Great day as well, can't beat OG Feelings but it was still pretty exciting.
New Additions and finally walking around. Didn't care much for spots, we made it what it was.

Skate 3, Launched everything we know as a community involved realistic skating and video making as a general
way to endure the newest spots and ideas, along with graphics and create a park.

Honestly, Really going to miss the general hype we had as a whole..
Stoked, Watching New Gameplay Footage, Snapping Screen Captures to break it down.
Good times, Missed.

I wouldn't trade any of it for anything else, We came a long way.. Made a damn good thing better
and continue to Strive for the Best Footage Possible.

Ruben_Williams
09-11-2012, 10:56 AM
Ye OG Skate was special, but once skate 2 came out and u could walk about, I cudn't go back to the first one, and everything u'd said Riki I agree with

I recently picked up skate 2 agen because I missed it so much. . . so it's pretty much like this now, if I wanna go online with randoms, or cruise around the city for nice spots or whatever I put Skate 2 in (also working through the career again) . . . and now only use skate 3 for park building, or goin online with people I know in hardcore mode.

If they made a skate 4 all they'd have to do to please me is make a city as interesting and diverse as San Van (but come up with a new one entirely), keep the skate 2 look but clean up some stuff (frame rate, dynamics, off board movement etc) . . . and add the skate 3 create a park, that would be awesome!!