PDA

View Full Version : I Would Like Some Input In This Disaster

crni1976
09-08-2012, 02:08 PM
The disaster slide, both fs and bs, is one of my favorite tricks. The thing is that I find it really difficult to pull these off the way I prefer to, i.e. without using ollies to go into the slide. I only succeed very ocassionally and tried powersliding, or using reverts.

The way it seems to work best for me at this point is building up a little speed and then using that to air slightly across the coping before gently pushing forward the lh stick and holding to the right the rh stick. But then again, this works best or only seems to work when the coping or ledge is slightly bent.

So I would very much like to have some input on this, since some of you seem to have plenty of technicalities down and wired. Then again, I have never seen much or hardly any footage of solid, realistic disaster slides. Once I watched a very smooth performance on the EA Reel, shot in the bowl @ the Megapark. But unfortunately I lost that bookmark and gamertag.

So please advise!

Much obliged,

thesignguy
09-08-2012, 03:37 PM
Hold r1 and power slide into the coping

briden
09-08-2012, 04:03 PM

This works quite well, but make sure to let it go once you're in disaster position. If you hold it the whole way, you might never lock onto the coping. Also I'd suggest doing a much wider carve in than you would in real life.

thesignguy
09-08-2012, 06:43 PM
If you have patience they look better if you don't lock on. It wants to kick you out away to far a lot of time though. The cool thing about not locking on is you can also do hippy jumps and you can still do reverts to get some cool variations.

crni1976
09-08-2012, 11:17 PM

Thanks, I will try and put it in practice.

If anyone has any footage or clips to share, it would be very much appreciated!

Cheers

exoskate89
09-09-2012, 08:16 AM
what is r1 for xbox? rb?

m.seven
09-09-2012, 08:36 AM
whatever the top right trigger button is exo