PDA

View Full Version : "Why Do People Hate EA?"

Fecal Face
09-09-2012, 11:51 AM
Found this (http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/14/why-do-people-hate-ea) on IGN today. Interesting, but I still hate what this company has become.

NotedDerk
09-09-2012, 11:57 AM
That video the COO brings up is funny as hell, i'm glad he saw it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-LE0ycgkBQ

yumpancakes1
09-09-2012, 12:03 PM
that video can't be any more correct

Antwan
09-09-2012, 12:28 PM
You can say you hate it, but it brought us together..
I'm Glad EA At least considered Skateboarding a Sport for a while.
Damn Good Impression. Hell, I'm glad it's still online.
Funky Servers or not, we're here. Fluck it.

Seanne1986
09-09-2012, 12:28 PM
Seen that video before, and it's pretty much 100% correct.

EternalRewind
09-09-2012, 02:51 PM
man iv been playing ea games since 1993 on sega genesis when they were called electronic arts.. ea has tons of great games... if they start charging for bullets in bf3, then in done tho

Ruben_Williams
09-10-2012, 02:39 AM
I don't mind EA, but brining online passes is a big up urs to the used game market, something I used to take pride in lol

riki2cool
09-10-2012, 06:52 AM
EA shitcanned everyone who worked at Blackbox, thus eliminating any chance of there being a new skate game.

unplannedman
10-02-2012, 07:46 PM
You can say you hate it, but it brought us together..
I'm Glad EA At least considered Skateboarding a Sport for a while.
Damn Good Impression. Hell, I'm glad it's still online.
Funky Servers or not, we're here. Fluck it.

dis nigga speaks da truuf

Dead_Head
10-03-2012, 02:08 AM
EA doesn't care about any games besides madden. They milk popular series until they are 100% ruined.
For example, the skate series could have been so much more but since EA wanted yearly releases, skate 2 & 3 were not anywhere near what they could have been.
This is the same with MANY other series that EA has released.

Antwan
10-03-2012, 04:37 AM
EA doesn't care about any games besides madden. They milk popular series until they are 100% ruined.
For example, the skate series could have been so much more but since EA wanted yearly releases, skate 2 & 3 were not anywhere near what they could have been.
This is the same with MANY other series that EA has released.
I don't know man.. Blackbox lost members slowly before disbanding if I remember correctly.
The game was inspired by artwork but I wouldn't say there was an attempt to recreate everything the artist(s) did.
I say this loosely.. I'm not sure myself, just what I think.. I don't think these games would have been much different.
If they had more time to develop, I think all they would have done was invest time into fixing glitches and bugs.
All I think we would have gotten from a longer development period is no patches or hot fixes for the game..
Those title updates you get for the game? Things fixed after the release date.
I think the overall goal for Skate was just to give us something to skate.. with a new way to play, flick it.
It's hard to say I've liked a series through and through because of the deadline art they are forced to achieve..
but anyone can say hey, this stuff has problems. Skate on the other hand.. I can appreciate all the effort put into.
I continue to play every one of the games and they all still have a brand new feel after a while of not having played.
I don't know that any other Company is different..
EA Is HUGE.. They've been a growing company forever. Skate was clearly something experimental, they gave it a shot.
The fact that Skate became apart of EA is really amazing, but it just doesn't stand it's ground against other sports.
No one to blame really.

Fecal Face
10-03-2012, 05:16 AM
I don't know man.. Blackbox lost members slowly before disbanding if I remember correctly.
The game was inspired by artwork but I wouldn't say there was an attempt to recreate everything the artist(s) did.
I say this loosely.. I'm not sure myself, just what I think.. I don't think these games would have been much different.
If they had more time to develop, I think all they would have done was invest time into fixing glitches and bugs.
All I think we would have gotten from a longer development period is no patches or hot fixes for the game..
I think the overall goal for Skate was just to give us something to skate.. with a new way to play, flick it.
It's hard to say I've liked a series through and through because of the deadline art they are forced to achieve..
but anyone can say hey, this stuff has problems. Skate on the other hand.. I can appreciate all the effort put into.
I continue to play every one of the games and they all still have a brand new feel after a while of not having played.
EA Is HUGE.. They've been a growing company forever. Skate was clearly something experimental, they gave it a shot.
The fact that Skate became apart of EA is really amazing, but it just doesn't stand it's ground against other sports.
No one to blame really.

Except the EA MegaCorps that ruined Blackbox.

PoppySquidJr
10-03-2012, 06:09 AM
Except the EA MegaCorps that ruined Blackbox.

And the fact that skate was a platinum hit, as was skate 2 IIRC, and EA dropped it after the even better sales of Skate 3 anyway

Dead_Head
10-03-2012, 04:08 PM
No one to blame really.

I remember reading somewhere (maybe in the skate 3 concept art thread) that they were giving concept drawings to build areas from. The concept art ideas were amazing and looked like it would be the best skate level ever made, but due to the rushed development, if the area wasn't done quickly enough they'd scrap it. Thats why skate 3 is FILLED with massive open areas instead of how OG had unique areas all over the map, and tons of hidden gems. EA has a track record of acquiring smaller studios who made successful games, then shutting those studios down and firing everyone. I feel like if EA had let blackbox run on their own schedule, skate 3 would have been immensely better. I'm not saying I hate skate 3, I LOVE the skate series, I've been playing since OG and still play at least every other day but I still can't help feel bummed at what skate could have been if it was given more time for development. You have to realize that what happened with skate/blackbox has happened with numerous other series and braches that EA had, hence why so many people hate EA. They take a good game, try to crank out a new title as fast as possible and just progressively dumb it down and lower the quality due to short development time until the sales aren't enough to keep it afloat and they ditch it.

I still pray that someday we will get a Skate 4 (or OG skate remake with 3s engine) even though that is doubtful. I also hope that if that day does come, they'll do it for the guys like us on fluckit, the ones who have stuck by the series for so long, and not the dark catching-easy mode-super-ultra-mega-epic-LOL-PWN-mega-HALL OF MEAT-xXSnIpErScoPeZXx "check my coloured griptape and glitched neon shirt" players.

Mark the Sith
10-03-2012, 05:19 PM
This thread gave me a chuckle. How can anyone hate a company? Did they kill your dog? Did they cost you your job? Everyone needs to relax. And if you truly hate what EA/BB did with the skate series, go to school and make your own game, then you'll appreciate how hard it is to make anyone happy in this world.

PoppySquidJr
10-03-2012, 05:33 PM
This thread gave me a chuckle. How can anyone hate a company? Did they kill your dog? Did they cost you your job? Everyone needs to relax. And if you truly hate what EA/BB did with the skate series, go to school and make your own game, then you'll appreciate how hard it is to make anyone happy in this world.

I agree with this to an extent, but EA is hated for much more than skate. EA Has a horrible track record of terrible customer service, blatant scamming, and forcing games to come out before they're ready. Maybe we're just spoiled by the really good ones like Valve.

unplannedman
10-03-2012, 05:42 PM
I agree with this to an extent, but EA is hated for much more than skate. EA Has a horrible track record of terrible customer service, blatant scamming, and forcing games to come out before they're ready. Maybe we're just spoiled by the really good ones like Valve.
More companies should be like valve, except for the you know, "What the fuck is 3?" part

Fecal Face
10-03-2012, 05:57 PM

People hate EA because they have shitty morals. They make games, not fucking power tools. It's supposed to be fun and they make it into a watered-down experience to make money.

momadaddy
10-05-2012, 04:13 PM
this article shows why people hate ea

http://ps3.mmgn.com/News/the-wii-version-of-fifa-13-is-identical