PDA

View Full Version : Pink Floyd- Comfortably Numb Loop Pedal Guitar Solo improv

pawnluvguitarist
09-11-2012, 04:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmPdIUthEOI

Monk
09-11-2012, 04:19 PM
that was sick bro! that is one of my favorite Floyd solos. love me some david gilmour!

pawnluvguitarist
09-11-2012, 04:32 PM
Thanks man

Yeah David Gilmour is by far my fav guitarist. I recently upgraded my pick ups in my Strat to EMG DG-20's the ones he uses, I always loved his tone.

Monk
09-11-2012, 05:10 PM
Thanks man

Yeah David Gilmour is by far my fav guitarist. I recently upgraded my pick ups in my Strat to EMG DG-20's the ones he uses, I always loved his tone.

hes got a really good solo concert DVD out- i forgot the name of it its been about 5 years since i seen it but you should look it up

Ladd279
09-11-2012, 07:27 PM
hes got a really good solo concert DVD out- i forgot the name of it its been about 5 years since i seen it but you should look it up

If its Live from Royal Albert hall yes it is, the whole concert was amazing. Wish you where here gave me goose bumps first time i watched.

This is sick pawn, im more of a seymour duncan guy but damn i want that tone!

pawnluvguitarist
09-11-2012, 07:38 PM
This is sick pawn, im more of a seymour duncan guy but damn i want that tone!

Thanks man. Yeah I got Seymour Duncan Humbuckers in my Yamaha. I dont really play it anymore though. The EMG DG-20's in my Strat make it crazy versatile I find I dont need humbuckers. With the two tone knobs, (one for mids, the other bass/treble) you can get a huge variety of tones. You can still get the twangy/chimey strat sounds, but you can get that fat humbucker kinda sound too.

Antwan
09-11-2012, 08:52 PM
How's the comparison, Digital Recreation to Live Performance?
Do You Opt Your Guitar right into the PC? Through a box..
I'm guessing you do but I was curious.
I've got several distortion pedals at hand, just haven't really been playing.
Maybe I'll do something in the coming months. good stuff man, Pretty Inspirational.

pawnluvguitarist
09-12-2012, 05:26 AM
I just mic my amp Antwan, with a Shure SM57 through my Mbox audio interface. The best way to go in my opinion. When you have a nice tube amp you love and a few pedals kinda seems like a waste to use amp sims, they always sound too digital unless you're using some very expensive software. And I already put in more than enough $ into my equipment.

madsser
09-12-2012, 06:24 AM
Oh man I fucking love this solo. Best guitar solo in a song ever! And man you did it proud.
Awesome job man! :D

pawnluvguitarist
09-12-2012, 09:31 AM
Oh man I fucking love this solo. Best guitar solo in a song ever! And man you did it proud.
Awesome job man! :D

Thanks man. Yeah definitely my favorite guitar solo. The album version is great but if you look up "comfortably numb pulse version" or something like that on YouTube there's a live extended guitar solo version that is just amazing.

Fecal Face
09-13-2012, 09:43 AM
I'm just jammin' out here eating my pizza before I head to class. Gooooood shit man.

moar floyd plz

Antwan
09-13-2012, 02:11 PM
I just mic my amp Antwan, with a Shure SM57 through my Mbox audio interface. The best way to go in my opinion. When you have a nice tube amp you love and a few pedals kinda seems like a waste to use amp sims, they always sound too digital unless you're using some very expensive software. And I already put in more than enough $ into my equipment.
I hear ya man. My Dad does the same thing I think he has the Mbox too, crazy part.
Has a pretty live feeling to it.
I've been comparing my computer to my phone for sounds
it's crazy but when I play music in HD On the droid I can hear the difference, my PC Not so much.
Not sure what that's about.. I was thinking a better sound card for the PC but the droid is such a tiny device..
I dunno.. not that it even really matters.. just couldn't put my finger on what was up.

Monk
09-13-2012, 04:17 PM
I went to one of their shows in 95 in birmingham and it was amazing! they played an extended version of CN and as an encore they dropped a disco ball about 100 ft wide from the top of the Jefferson stadium and played the entire dark side of the moon album :D