PDA

View Full Version : CAP pieces turning un-grindable?

Sleeper097
09-19-2012, 08:33 AM
Didn't know if i should put this in general disscusion or here but as it's CAP related i figure here is the best place, I'm currently trying to make a custom bowl, i'm using the curved planter plaza pieces upside down for the top platform/coping and one section has turned un-grindable :(, as you can imagine a bowl with ungrindable coping will suck balls. anyone know what causes this to happen? too many merged pieces? and anyone know how to fix it without fully rebuilding / designing that section?

NotedDerk
09-19-2012, 08:36 AM
well first, ungrindable coping does NOT suck balls.
Second, I think the glitch is just random, like how you said with too many merged objects.
I know prowlin has fucked with some pieces to try and make certain things ungrindable and it's worked, but not the other way around.

Sleeper097
09-19-2012, 08:41 AM
thanks for the quick response, i know some people like the ungrindable stuff :P, i do too on ledges, but for a bowl i want nice coping to lock on to, especialy on the corner pieces which is where its turned ungrindable :(. and i've just discoverd 2 other corner sections have turned aswell, looks like i'll have to rebuild.

FullyFl4RED00
09-19-2012, 08:59 AM
There are a couple of things that can be said about grindable objects turning ungrindable.
1. Ive noticed that certain objects turn ungrindable more easily than others (the planters you used as coping, ag ledges, and half pad stairs turn UG pretty easily).
2. It isn't random. It has to do with what objects your merging, how many your merging, and MOST IMPORTANTLY...the order in which you merge the objects together. I discovered this when building prods TF. I'll give a detailed account of this later when I'm not at work but the take away is this:
There is a way around objects turning UG...and it has to do with the order you put compound pieces into orlther compound pieces

Sleeper097
09-19-2012, 09:13 AM
There are a couple of things that can be said about grindable objects turning ungrindable.
1. Ive noticed that certain objects turn ungrindable more easily than others (the planters you used as coping, ag ledges, and half pad stairs turn UG pretty easily).
2. It isn't random. It has to do with what objects your merging, how many your merging, and MOST IMPORTANTLY...the order in which you merge the objects together. I discovered this when building prods TF. I'll give a detailed account of this later when I'm not at work but the take away is this:
There is a way around objects turning UG...and it has to do with the order you put compound pieces into orlther compound pieces

The last line, this explained alot, I originaly used the planter pieces to map out the bowl shape then merged in my transision, now i just unlinked the planter pieces then relinked them and it fixed it, still a few small spots where in there corners where its remained UG but i think i can fix with tweaking where my transision pieces are, much better than before where whole corner sections were completely UG. thank you.