PDA

View Full Version : WTF Is... : Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD ?

Seanne1986
09-19-2012, 09:23 AM
Pretty glad I didn't spend my money on it.

Get's completely bashed by TB lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weEl3AMR9D4

NotedDerk
09-19-2012, 09:26 AM
When you go by a name such as 'cynical brit,' does he ever have anything good to say?

I'm not watching this just because I know i'm okay with the game, bought it and don't regret it.
It needs some fixes, but what game doesn't, it's not a completely broken game like some claim.

Seanne1986
09-19-2012, 09:38 AM
Sure not everyone will always agree with him, but he do have some good points though about this game and others he review imo.

Just thought I'd share it for people who hasn't seen it yet.

Fecal Face
09-19-2012, 09:48 AM
I just realized THUG HD would probably be the best game ever.

Ruben_Williams
09-19-2012, 10:36 AM
haha hes quite funny, but i wud punch him if i met him.

all games are in 720 though?

PoppySquidJr
09-19-2012, 12:24 PM
I just realized THUG HD would probably be the best game ever.

only if they ONLY updated the graphics and animations. I don't want the goddamn physics changed like THPS HD did. That was the only HUGE gripe with THPS HD I had, the physics felt way off.

Antwan
09-19-2012, 02:42 PM
Just curious, do you play tony hawks pro skater often?
How can you compare?

It's a game, learn how to play.
Did you expect a complete revamp of the game for an HD Remake with a some tiny additions?
Come on.
This is one reason why I hate reviews..
Someone who plays too many games to be good at them all says some messed up shit they think is right
and everyone goes off of that. I'm personally loving the revisit to the series.

PoppySquidJr
09-19-2012, 03:04 PM
Just curious, do you play tony hawks pro skater often?
How can you compare?

It's a game, learn how to play.
Did you expect a complete revamp of the game for an HD Remake with a some tiny additions?
Come on.
This is one reason why I hate reviews..
Someone who plays too many games to be good at them all says some messed up shit they think is right
and everyone goes off of that. I'm personally loving the revisit to the series.

Well personally I still play THPS 1-4, THUG, and THAW quite often, actually. I still love the series. I didn't expect a revamp for HD, but what I found was a downgrade in gameplay, honestly. The graphics and animations look GREAT, but the physics and control felt wonky, even in comparison to the N64 controller. Not saying it was horrible, just not my kind of deal.

Fecal Face
09-19-2012, 05:13 PM

Yes dammit.

NotedDerk
09-19-2012, 05:52 PM
Well personally I still play THPS 1-4, THUG, and THAW quite often, actually.

Just curious luft, do you have thaw for your xbox?
'cause I have it and I don't know anybody else who does.
I want to get down on that game, it's just not that fun by myself anymore.

replicant
09-19-2012, 10:01 PM
TB is usually on point for most stuff and pretty damn funny to listen to.

PoppySquidJr
09-20-2012, 04:54 AM
Just curious luft, do you have thaw for your xbox?
'cause I have it and I don't know anybody else who does.
I want to get down on that game, it's just not that fun by myself anymore.

Unfortunately, no. PS2 and PC. If you're willing to... uh... resourcefully acquire (via usage of the internet)... it though, THAW on PC works beautifully, and works fine even online. I use a wired xbox controller for it, so it's all good.

pawnluvguitarist
09-20-2012, 05:07 AM
Still haven't played this. Is it even out on PS3 yet. I've been checking periodically, no dice.

fallingskyline
09-20-2012, 06:09 AM
Still haven't played this. Is it even out on PS3 yet. I've been checking periodically, no dice.

yes it is...

played it on 360, it is thps but it didn't feel like back in the days. and there are some flaws in it, i don't understand. like selling reverts as dlc afterwards and so on. and i think it felt like shit compared to skate, i'm so used to the controlls of skate, that it took me 2 hours straight to get back into pressing a million buttons for a trick...

bengrover
09-20-2012, 06:57 AM
Everyone bashes the brits on YouTube. Im normally first to defend them and ejoy the vids.

I cant stand this guy. Buys a remake of the original then complains about the career mode being the same? Logic? Couple of points were understandable, but fuck he seems such a dick. £10, what does he want for that.

Im not a major fan of it, but it was cheap, so I really don't care so much to use effort to complain.

pawnluvguitarist
09-22-2012, 09:13 AM
Cant believe you cant turn off auto pump or the HUD

No comply impossibles and stuff are kinda fun

you can do popless

still not a lot of fun but we'll see how it goes, i wasnt expecting much

Antwan
09-22-2012, 11:45 PM
Didn't know people were still playing the originals. Crazy.
I can understand not enjoying this if you're going for realism.
I didn't find much to do realistically so I just started doing challenges.

madsser
09-23-2012, 01:49 AM

Nope, on pc there's 1080p. :D

heshfield
09-23-2012, 08:59 AM
That guy is a clueless fucking idiot.

andreas
09-23-2012, 10:00 AM
haha hes quite funny, but i wud punch him if i met him.

yeah everything on the 360 is just upscaled 720p. this guy is a twat.

madsser
09-23-2012, 10:45 AM
yeah everything on the 360 is just upscaled 720p. this guy is a twat.

I think you are missing the point that he is playing this on a pc, which normally have games that run in 1080p.

Seanne1986
09-23-2012, 10:55 AM
I think you are missing the point that he is playing this on a pc, which normally have games that run in 1080p.

This ^

andreas
09-23-2012, 12:18 PM

oh yeah I forgot that...

jerr bear
09-23-2012, 02:07 PM
HD releases are usually just an "upscaled" verison of the original.

Blurr905
09-26-2012, 02:35 PM
The amount of THPS I've played is redonkulous, and I new doing an hd remake was a bad idea. It's just an attempt to get you to spend money on something nostalgic and it's never going to live up to the hype of any old THPS game. Instead of making a crappy new version of THPS, I'd rather spend money on a crappy new version of Thrasher Skate and Destroy. Now that's a game I would spend $10 on regardless of how bad it is.

Seanne1986
09-26-2012, 03:06 PM
The amount of THPS I've played is redonkulous, and I new doing an hd remake was a bad idea. It's just an attempt to get you to spend money on something nostalgic and it's never going to live up to the hype of any old THPS game. Instead of making a crappy new version of THPS, I'd rather spend money on a crappy new version of Thrasher Skate and Destroy. Now that's a game I would spend $10 on regardless of how bad it is.

Agreed.

saunders420
09-26-2012, 06:45 PM
I bought it on steam last week expecting to enjoy it seeing as I just figured the pc could offer a tad more.

Terribly wrong on that one......There is no Graphical Settings what so ever. You can edit the Config file but still just slackers over at robomodo.

You cant even bind keys in the game.....once again you have to go to the Config file.

Im messing with the Config as much as possible trying to change gravity settings, but to no avail.

Just a mess....

well here's to more to come.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m_aeNONobk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m_aeNONobk

jerr bear
09-27-2012, 10:16 AM
Played it at a friends house.

Had so much fun :s