PDA

View Full Version : For those that use Sony Vegas, what do you export/render as?

DIZthis
09-26-2012, 05:38 AM
Assuming you're converting the FLV's to MP4's before you plug 'em into Vegas an edit, are you saving them back down as MP4's with that 720P Internet HD option? Or as an AVI with that 720P YUV (huge file size) option? Or if neither what else?

I tested a quick clip an saved 'em down as both of those and I don't think I even saw a difference between the save down of that internet hd option (9mbs) and the avi YUV codec (370mbs).

Side question. Does it matter how small or big a file size is when uploading to youtube in terms of how quick the youtube will load for viewers in 720P? Every once in a while I'll run into some vids that just take forever to buffer through, always wondered if it was because they uploaded a couple Gb file or what.

Seanne1986
09-26-2012, 07:46 AM
My settings.
I use the files my hdpvr gives me. So I don't convert the files at all.

Project settings.
http://imageshack.us/a/img69/6519/projectsettingsj.jpg

Render settings.
http://imageshack.us/a/img846/6470/rendersettingse.jpg

Quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnO_lFUmf6Y&feature=g-upl

Seanne1986
09-26-2012, 07:50 AM
How long it will take to upload to youtube is up to how big the file size is, and how fast your internet speed is.

DIZthis
09-26-2012, 02:03 PM
@ Seanne, your quality is super clean bro. I wish I could still use my cap card an cap the raw footage instead of having to rely on the upload reel system and save them highly compressed vids off the site. That's the weird thing about my shit though, when I convert the FLV files (what the reel has you DL them as) to MP4's, if I convert 'em to 60 frames it's not as smooth - it's more jittery than 30 frames, which I find weird. So when I render my cut in Vegas as 60 frames I get the same thing, a little jitter and not as smooth, not sure why. You did answer my question though, you are using that "MainConcept MP4" that I was talking about - file sizes are drastically smaller with that than the AVi's, lol. But damn, gotta figure out how to get a smooth 60 frames.

Seanne1986
09-26-2012, 03:19 PM
Youtube can only play up to 30fps. so it's kinda pointless. I just render it in 60 fps cause I think it looks a little bit smoother on youtube, but not much. But played in VLC, I get lovely 60fps.

I use this as for my converter. It gives me more or less the same quality as my raw hdpvr files.
http://imageshack.us/a/img839/3558/converterw.jpg

DIZthis
09-26-2012, 03:32 PM
That's exactly what I use too for video conversions.

Alright ran into a problem. Audio is in sync on my computer but when uploaded to video it's out of sync. Rendered as an MP4 with the audio at 48khz/192 AAC, final file size was 300mb's or so - don't see why that would be a problem though. Any fix for this?

Seanne1986
09-26-2012, 03:38 PM
No idea. That happened to me once if I recall correctly, and I think all I did was to reupload the video to youtube.

DIZthis
09-26-2012, 03:51 PM
Ah, I guess the audio was a little out of sync just by the export, and even a tad more when uploaded to YouTube. Damn man, was all excited to get this video up and posted today and shit lol. Gonna try a few more exports in Vegas and see if it keeps killin' the audio sync. Played in Vegas the sync is fine, after rendered it's slightly slightly off.

EDIT: I did notice something. I guess my project was set at 1080, although the vids are only in 720 - dropping the project size down to 720 won't cut any quality in the video will it although all the clips were dumped an edited with the project set at 1080?

Seanne1986
09-26-2012, 04:10 PM
Won't really affect the quality tbh. Try my settings if you're still havin' problems.

DIZthis
09-26-2012, 04:22 PM
Had all your settings except the deblocking thing checked an the 2 reference frames, had 1 reference frame set. Dropped the audio from 48/192 to 44.1/128 and it still was out of sync a little. Trying it again with the deblocking thing checked, if that doesn't work then I'll try it at the 59 frames. If that don't work then I give up an I'm just gonna slide the audio over a tad and cross fingers lol.

Seanne1986
09-26-2012, 04:48 PM
Really dunno what is causing it. So can't help ya any further bud.

DIZthis
09-26-2012, 05:34 PM
I appreciate your help man, much much appreciated.

It's something weird with youtube or something though man. I manually adjusted the audio, the export was perfectly in sync. When uploaded to youtube it's noticeably off, very weird. Nothing I can really do though.

EDIT: To throw another curveball at ya, lol. Playing it on my iPhone over wifi has no sync issues whatsoever. Playing it on the PC (tried two different PC's) has the sync issue. No idea what's up with it. I'll have it uploaded publically some time tonight maybe an see if you hear the sync issue or not.

Roccityroller
09-28-2012, 12:05 PM
Update quicktime to the latest version.

And rendering to 60fps will do nothing for you if your source isn't 60. Vegas does not have the algorithms to generate frames like that. You'll either need to record in 60fps (can't do with reel) or you can cheat, film everything at 50% speed, upload and speed it back up to normal sped in your editor and then render to 60. We used to do that in the S2 days, but it messes up the audio a bit. i don't think i've ever tried it with s3.

looks like this. (pretty sure this was with vegas too.

http://www.wegame.com/watch/Triple_Threat_Presents_Quality_Control/

http://www.wegame.com/watch/Triple_Threat_Presents_Quality_Control/

Seanne1986
09-28-2012, 04:09 PM
You'll either need to record in 60fps (can't do with reel) or you can cheat, film everything at 50% speed, upload and speed it back up to normal sped in your editor and then render to 60. We used to do that in the S2 days, but it messes up the audio a bit. i don't think i've ever tried it with s3.

Yup that I used to do with s2.

The Mike
09-30-2012, 12:18 AM
can someone show me how to get sony vegas? my computer jusst got busted and forgot how to get it