PDA

View Full Version : To the Recently closed thread on SKATE 4

saunders420
10-21-2012, 08:52 AM
EVERYONE VOTE SKATE 4! and leave an idea if you want.

http://www.easports.com/gamechangers

Lakeye guy had a great link to a EA page where they are asking for Ideas. Game Changers...er something......Im sure if everyone went into the Skate 4 page and mentioned something or said something.......Im sure a little bit of ignition could be sparked.

Imagina a bunch of youngins. Asking for skate 4......and they got it. And we never even knew about skate 4 happening.....wouldn't you want to try and have an input.....before everything is changed for the worse.

Check it out fellas......http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8464/8109067633_0fa8862d54_b.jpg

I think with the grace of our community if we can revive enough of the Heads to embark on a journey and get shit done in these votes for game changers or whatever the fuck it is........Maybe just maybe can we see some flicker.

p.s. Lock if needed. lol

m.seven
10-21-2012, 09:32 AM
i think just the fact that "TheBest" has flooded yt with it puts a sour taste in our mouths,but honestly it wouldn't hurt to try.

Ayreon
10-21-2012, 10:07 AM
yah maybe a controlled one of our own.

take the newbs out of the picture.

make are case. If tehy get their way the next game is going to be pure mega ramps cause thats all they give a fuck about.

Start one that has links to fluck it and LB in the first post. Show them what the true hardcore fans are up to. Everytime someone makes a video, post it there. Not a "i want skate 4 ffs vid"...just whatever video you happen to make. show them the game isnt dead

madsser
10-21-2012, 10:16 AM
Was actually about to make this thread.
You beat me to it you bastard. Love you

i am a snail
10-21-2012, 10:55 AM
put my input there a little while ago, basically saying that while i want s4 as much as the next guy the fact that albert is doing it because he "represents the skate community" leaves a bad taste in my mouth. still voted up though.

Sleeper097
10-21-2012, 11:01 AM
I wish i had the optimism to belive that voting for this will actually make Skate 4 happen, but I just don't belive it will. Just seems like this Albert guy is milking fans hopes and dreams to pick up subscribers and Ad revenue on his videos, so many people here dislike the guy and hate the fact he self proclaims to "Speak on behave of the Skate community" (Alberts spelling of "behalf" not mine ;)) But noone here has done anything yet to my knowledge besides complain about the dude. Who is the site owner here? If anyone is going to try and do what Albert is doing it should be fluckit's owners, if they actually want to, which I woudn't blame them if they don't.

What has happened to BlackBox? Have they officially shut down and dispanded with no possible contact infomation on them? If BlackBox is dead and done all this contacting EA is worthless as they killed off the development team to build it. If a new developer picks up the scraps under EA to bring us Skate 4 it's a complete gamble as to what we might get regardless of what this community wants.

saunders420
10-21-2012, 12:36 PM
I wish i had the optimism to belive that voting for this will actually make Skate 4 happen, but I just don't belive it will. Just seems like this Albert guy is milking fans hopes and dreams to pick up subscribers and Ad revenue on his videos, so many people here dislike the guy and hate the fact he self proclaims to "Speak on behave of the Skate community" (Alberts spelling of "behalf" not mine ;)) But noone here has done anything yet to my knowledge besides complain about the dude. Who is the site owner here? If anyone is going to try and do what Albert is doing it should be fluckit's owners, if they actually want to, which I woudn't blame them if they don't.

What has happened to BlackBox? Have they officially shut down and dispanded with no possible contact infomation on them? If BlackBox is dead and done all this contacting EA is worthless as they killed off the development team to build it. If a new developer picks up the scraps under EA to bring us Skate 4 it's a complete gamble as to what we might get regardless of what this community wants.

Well Said. It's truly unfortunate...That attitude I have myself but I'm trying to get away from it and look at a little lighter perspective.....Thoughtful if anything, Just to the fact that having more people the better chance(which i still highly doubt will happen)...If anybody should have an opinion it should be Fluckit and LB.....reason why I want everyone to say something there......Or start a new thread which can gain more votes than anything on that fuckin game changer page. lol That was a good idea Ayreon

Wiltzuh
10-21-2012, 02:22 PM
Damn i love you saunders...

But i think at the same we could vote albert for brightest brick of the year. That'd made my day...

Legba
10-21-2012, 02:34 PM
Great concept, doubtful possibility of success.
I do believe there will be some kind of successor to s3. With skateboarding gaining commercial success and attention the way it is. EA is bound want another cut of that market eventually....Even if their prioritization of the dollar ruins the maintained quality of the series; its monetarily inevitable.

Grim Positivity :D

EALakeye
10-21-2012, 02:34 PM
Nice thread saunders ;) can you go on the footage forum and tell me what you think of my first solo, feedback from someone like you would be insane :D thanks

EmmitBrown
10-21-2012, 03:06 PM
bump

saunders420
10-21-2012, 04:03 PM
The irony in this game changer page is killing me......

cant even start a thread or reply to one.

anybody having these issues?

i am a snail
10-21-2012, 04:45 PM
Great concept, doubtful possibility of success.
I do believe there will be some kind of successor to s3. With skateboarding gaining commercial success and attention the way it is. EA is bound want another cut of that market eventually....Even if their prioritization of the dollar ruins the maintained quality of the series; its monetarily inevitable.

Grim Positivity :D
pardon my being a stick in the mud but wasn't the reason they cut the skate franchise to begin with because action sports titles were on their way out? i'm pretty sure ea's ceo said that in an interview somewhere.

Legba
10-21-2012, 06:04 PM
pardon my being a stick in the mud but wasn't the reason they cut the skate franchise to begin with because action sports titles were on their way out? i'm pretty sure ea's ceo said that in an interview somewhere.

Meh, for the time being perhaps. Im talking within the next 2 years. Just get the top espn dudes on it & in the commercials; cha-ching!

MarcoPoloUSN
10-21-2012, 07:55 PM
They have to think that Skate 4 will bring in the $$$.

Ayreon
10-21-2012, 08:22 PM
It would certianly make profit.

Just not as much much money as pulling another madden game out of their asses every year.

Novel
11-06-2012, 10:00 AM
It would certianly make profit.

Just not as much much money as pulling another m
adden game out of their asses every year.

I instantly got this image of devs holding their heads at a conference table, while someone triumphantly presents his idea for the new(new) need for speed title.. this time, he proclaims, "being chased by police!".. while someone mutters "wow", from an adjacent office listening in.

Listen, this idea that 'we're going to show them!' What we've been up to with our message boards and YouTube videos.. it's pretty ignorant..to think not one person who works for EA does not have internet access and knows exactly what we are up to is stupid. Trust me I'm sure they know with no absolute certainty that we are any kind of cash cow. that doesn't meajvthat we shouldn't try. But it does mean that we should also try alternatives. There's a start up out there right now who would jump on this given the right backing. I still think kickstarter is the way to go, but it's not my baby. We all know who needs to fight for this and its the one person who gave up the fight years ago. I'm boring myself.

Fecal Face
11-06-2012, 10:34 AM
I instantly got this image of devs holding their heads at a conference table, while someone triumphantly presents his idea for the new(new) need for speed title.. this time, he proclaims, "being chased by police!".. while someone mutters "wow", from an adjacent office listening in.

Listen, this idea that 'we're going to show them!' What we've been up to with our message boards and YouTube videos.. it's pretty ignorant..to think not one person who works for EA does not have internet access and knows exactly what we are up to is stupid. Trust me I'm sure they know with no absolute certainty that we are any kind of cash cow. that doesn't meajvthat we shouldn't try. But it does mean that we should also try alternatives. There's a start up out there right now who would jump on this given the right backing. I still think kickstarter is the way to go, but it's not my baby. We all know who needs to fight for this and its the one person who gave up the fight years ago. I'm boring myself.

This. They pay people to look at shit like this at the EA building. They know what's up. They have lost hope in our profit prospects, and EA is closer to making a new Tony-Hawk like series of skating than a skate sim. Mayb when they make the nexter-gen consoles, we will get something rad. But not in the X360 lifespan.

i am a snail
11-06-2012, 10:36 AM
fun fact: skate 4 requests have pretty much completely filled the "general" category of the gamechangers site

m.seven
11-06-2012, 10:43 AM
i'm with fecal on this one,IF we ever see a Skate 4 it likely won't be in this current console generation.

Ladd279
11-06-2012, 10:43 AM
Honestly based on the rate the series is going I'm kind of scared to see it. I'd prob hate it actually unless there's cap again haha

m.seven
11-06-2012, 10:48 AM
i could be wrong,but i believe it was Demz that said we were really lucky to get CAP in S3.idk if that luck would stretch to a 4th game.

Fecal Face
11-07-2012, 05:07 AM
i could be wrong,but i believe it was Demz that said we were really lucky to get CAP in S3.idk if that luck would stretch to a 4th game.

I feel like there's no turning back at this point if in face hell froze over and they did make a new one.

Demzilla
11-07-2012, 10:18 PM
m.seven...
they had a sorta working cap with only a few months left to deadline...
it was either clean and polish a bunch of shit or bust ass on giving us the best feature any skate game could ask for...
the best feature within a feature is the technically magic that is merging more than 1 thing into another...

skate 4....
psnext...xboxnext...
everyone pray to fucking someone that street league withstands the years and doesnt cost ea a fuck ton of money...
sl is pretty much the biggest thing in skateboarding mainstream...
if sl has the courses planned for the next year and doesnt rape ea on licensing we might have a chance...

other than that hope someone in house actually wants a simulator...

even skaters bitched it was too hard...

MarcoPoloUSN
11-08-2012, 12:39 AM
even skaters bitched it was too hard...

Hahaha yes. Everybody thought it was hard. I remember all my thps pals couldn't fuck with it.

Back in the day, as a thps player, the skate 2 demo seemed way hard. Hahaha.
Normal, casual gamers and everyday people definitely don't know how to flick the sticks.
I deleted the demo, and never thought about it again. Then skate 3 came out... and I learned.

Antwan
11-12-2012, 10:24 PM
Seems unlikely Skate 4 would happen without us knowing..
Skate 4 is just another way of saying Skatefluckit.