PDA

View Full Version : Vans Skatepark Orlando, realistic recreation

esouthy
10-26-2012, 07:24 PM
Here is my recreation of Vans Orlando. The park was shut down in January of this year i think. I'm not sure if it still exists cause I haven't been there in years. I might take requests to make real life park recreations if people like it.
I admit because I tweaked this so much to try and make it like the original, there are still spots that have cracks where you can trip (specifically the outdoor and pool areas which are also not as realistic as the large street), and there is some clipping here and there that doesnt cause you to trip but flashes a lot.

It's not 100% to life obviously, I had to move the outdoor area to the side of the small street area. the picture does not represent it. its all outside of the preview picture.

http://skate.ea.com/gallery?contentType=PARK&platform=xbox#searchType=AUTHOR&query=esouthy&slice=search&galleryType=ALL&subType=VIDEO&contentType=PARK&filter=ALLTIME&itemId=2422981

Fecal Face
10-26-2012, 07:29 PM
You're gonna wanna add some pictures in there mate.

somedude
10-26-2012, 08:11 PM
You're gonna wanna add some pictures in there mate.

Not to mention platform

Dead_Head
10-26-2012, 09:35 PM
Just played it. Its a decent first effort. Main complaint is the use of the default flooring, no custom ceilings/walls and the use of default CAP pieces (green/orange ledges etc...)
Scale is a bit over sized and the layout isn't exactly spot on, but some of it skates ok.
Like I said, its decent for a first park, but its not great in comparison to"fluckit" standards.

esouthy, take a look at parks on the forum and check the sticked threads, a lot of good tips in there for park building.
Also, learning how to use the merge glitch is a great tool

blitzkow
10-27-2012, 05:24 AM
yea i found a few cracks and some places that needed more transition but nice other than that
i would suggest that you learn the merge glitch almost every park creator uses it here

Ruben_Williams
10-27-2012, 05:58 AM
yea i found a few cracks and some places that needed more transition but nice other than that
i would suggest that you learn the merge glitch almost every park creator uses it here

I don't wanna sound alll scroogey but I think to truely appreciate the merge glitch you should get used to building parks without it first. . . although that being said I don't expect anyone to not use it now it's available.

RaginWarHero
10-27-2012, 07:38 AM
Hey come on i know there's fluckit standards but seriously you gotta show respect for the people who can't make amazing parks like rellz, fullyflared, jsmith, smurf, mike. i know you have a standard but seriously your standard is someones amazing haven't skated this park yet but i bet its better then most people can make on skate. (not fluckit)

EmmitBrown
10-27-2012, 08:23 AM
its a parking lot?

show me a lil suntin

blitzkow
10-27-2012, 08:31 AM
I don't wanna sound alll scroogey but I think to truely appreciate the merge glitch you should get used to building parks without it first. . . although that being said I don't expect anyone to not use it now it's available.
yea thats how i started with some parks i didnt like and then i got more used to it and am still getting better

InsideManager
10-27-2012, 08:48 AM
Downloaded this and pretty much like everybody else said, its a very good start and with some work and refinements you could definately make some great stuff. The place is oversized some and not very realistic feeling to me but shows a lot of promise, keep at it and check out some other parks and draw some inspiration and get even better, can't wait to see what you will make next. :cool:

esouthy
10-28-2012, 03:47 PM
Thanks everyone for the input/opinions. In defense, the park is scaled to what I remember and compared to the pictures I used as references, I used them building the entire thing, and when I didn't have pictures for I used my memory. Also, I snapped the rails to ledges to make it look like nice coping, and the grinds on all of those ledges are clean. Also I don't appreciate trolling such as "its a parking lot?" comments or .5/5 stars. .5 really? You try and build a recreation of Vans skatepark. Or any skatepark really. I'm not saying my park is awesome but most of the stuff I download from even the featured content on EA's site is pure garbage, so I don't understand where the .5 star hate comes from. Some people are just pure haters and haters input is not worth any ones time. Anyways I just had to respond to the trolling.

btw what is the merge glitch?
edit nvm found the tutorial. i will do this and update my park.
also if anyone would like to edit it to make each section 100% realistic please do I would appreciate it.