PDA

View Full Version : assassins creed 3

fallingskyline
10-30-2012, 05:24 AM
played a couple of missions now and gotta say for me it's the same game than revelations with a little bit better graphics and controls (freerunning) and worse fighting (maybe i just suck). world looks stunning, story seems cool. hope this will suck me in more than revelations did... no bugs found so far, even if they say it's buggy, maybe it's due to the patch yesterday... btw ps3 version.
ps, 3d on this one sucks imo, since you have a loss in graphic quality like twittering on the edges which is not much of a deal, but it's visible and for me distracting

Novel
10-30-2012, 06:35 AM
I preordered it, have the money and the time to play it but I'm not going to pick it up.
For some reason I'm not interested. The open world of Boston seems cool I even grew up in Boston but still it just seems like the best parts of the game which are the new hunting system and economy based trading is just a half assed distraction from the actual bareness of the game's other ambient stuff. The story seems far fetched. Washington the king? Come one .. if you're going to make a game that it mostly historically accurate why ruin it with basing it on a story that makes zero sense in the backdrop of it's own world? It's mainly just the same game as it's always been. With zero replay value. I'm sure it looks good but that was never a problem with the previous games. The problem was always in the hollowness of the game if you're not into multiplayer bullshit. Which I'm not. I also preordered bathesdas newest release and didn't pick it up. Highly overhyped non open world monotony. It's a shame I waited so long for these games and they just remind me why games like skyrim and fallout are so great. Because of the replay value. It sucks because you know I'll just be jerking off and whishing I could at least buy it and bring it right back. I'm holding tough yall. Holding tough.

Novel
10-30-2012, 06:40 AM
Sorry for typos... Phone reply.

Novel
10-30-2012, 06:41 AM
Quick edit: I'm going to pick it up. Don't let me regret it god.

PoppySquidJr
10-30-2012, 06:45 AM
Pre-ordered the $120 limited edition, stoked for it. Huge fan of the series :P

Antwan
10-30-2012, 09:51 AM
I dont know if I could ever buy a limited edition, collectors edition or anything of that sort..
I like games but 100 dollars? Daaaaamn.
I liked Assassins Creed II the most in this series.. the rest I did not replay.
Revelations Was good don't get me wrong but it just wasn't as fun after I beat it.
Not a huge fan of multiplayer either..
Either walk in circles hoping to find your target or fighting on the rooftops
not a whole lot to it.
Ill be picking this up and I have high hopes I think I'll get a kick out of the approach
and it better live up to it's hype.. They were working on this for a while.
Respectably, I wouldn't review a game without beating it but that's me.
Patches are to fix things that weren't fixed when the game was shipped.
Even if something seems really smooth or indifferent it might not be going the way the developers intended
So they patch it.

mamba12
10-30-2012, 09:57 AM
Getting it. will hopefully love it. loved every other game.

now i feel like i need to play through the other games again.

PoppySquidJr
10-30-2012, 10:07 AM
I dont know if I could ever buy a limited edition, collectors edition or anything of that sort..
I like games but 100 dollars? Daaaaamn.

You have no clue how much I love the series. The story is 90% of what I love about it, honestly. I bought the limited edition shit with all the extra loot, I have the replica of ezio's hidden blade gauntlet, and I won a free exact replica of Connor's tomahawk from a website company that makes custom weapons :>

m.seven
10-30-2012, 10:10 AM
probably gonna pick this up this weekend,AC games have always been good times for me so i'm sure this won't be a letdown.

Fecal Face
10-30-2012, 10:18 AM
I wish I had 60 buckaroos to drop on this. I have like 10 dollars to get me through the rest of the week haha.

College <

Antwan
10-30-2012, 01:33 PM
You have no clue how much I love the series. The story is 90% of what I love about it, honestly. I bought the limited edition shit with all the extra loot, I have the replica of ezio's hidden blade gauntlet, and I won a free exact replica of Connor's tomahawk from a website company that makes custom weapons :>
Anyone who pays that much surely is a fan..
what all did you get though? For 120 Smackers..
A plastic blade gauntlet.. papers and posters? Just curious, I have no idea.

Roccityroller
10-30-2012, 02:25 PM
I played through all the other ones in the series this summer just for this one. I'll wait til its available for rental. Since i lost my mod-box to RROD i still cant justify spending $60+ for games i'll only play single player.

and $120 for LCE?!?! dayummm Forza LCE was only 80

Antwan
10-30-2012, 02:50 PM
Is the mod thing a hardware or software thing?
I would be surprised to hear about boxes lasting long with things installed on them..
I don't think they are made to run anything other than what they do run.
I guess you could switch out parts.. works for computers. Don't know anything about it though.
I have a few old white xboxes. They Don't read discs however. Eventually got the slim..
haven't had an issue since. White ones were a pain though.. I could go on forever.
White ones suck. The ones I had anyhow, Play longer than a few hours daily and it's bound to fuck up.

replicant
10-31-2012, 04:51 AM
I'm really enjoying it so far even if I am only up to Sequence 4 now.
Loving the story twists that have been given to us so far.

PoppySquidJr
10-31-2012, 07:13 AM
I played through all the other ones in the series this summer just for this one. I'll wait til its available for rental. Since i lost my mod-box to RROD i still cant justify spending $60+ for games i'll only play single player.

and $120 for LCE?!?! dayummm Forza LCE was only 80

To be fair, 99% of AC games are the single player. The multiplayer is just a fun addition.

Anyone who pays that much surely is a fan..
what all did you get though? For 120 Smackers..
A plastic blade gauntlet.. papers and posters? Just curious, I have no idea.

The plastic blade gauntlet was actually a seperate purchase, it was just discounted if bought with the LCE ACIII, so I went for it. The actual box set comes with a 28 by 48 inch colonial flag, with the Assassin's Crest in the middle of the stars, a metal belt buckle, a 9.8 inch statue of Connor on a mountaintop with the flag behind him and all that, the game w/ the bonus edition DLC, and a "George Washington's Journal" filled with information about the Templars and Assassins during the revolution, complete with everything being in cursive.

EDIT: Also to however said it was exactly like Revelations, you clearly haven't played AC in a while, they've improved upon a SHIT TON. The parkour system is drastically smoother, the combat is a LOT more satisfying and challenging (Some complain about it, I LOVE it), and the assassinations are much more detailed. You can vault over ledges now to keep up your speed, you can assassinate while moving and not breaking your momentum, all the new weapon functions are pretty sweet.

bengrover
10-31-2012, 11:57 AM
New animations are awesome. The slight alterations to the controls are still throwing me off a little, keep automatically pressing the previous button.

Story is solid so far, but feels like a very slow start. Not to spoil anything for anyone, I actually called the little 'twist'. And confused me to start with as for the first 3 sequences, it wasn't as advertised (people who have played may know what I'm on about).

Haven't played online yet, but really started to get into Revelations online mode in the months leading up to AC3. So will be spending a lot of time on that i imagine.

Just got into sequence 4. Loving it so far.

Seanne1986
11-01-2012, 03:32 AM
Quite well made photo.

http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/54882_502810439736685_523393364_o.jpg

i am a snail
11-01-2012, 08:01 AM
Washington the king? Come one .. if you're going to make a game that it mostly historically accurate why ruin it with basing it on a story that makes zero sense in the backdrop of it's own world?
in their defense, that was DLC and they came right out and said that wasn't canon...

so far i'm enjoying the game personally. my only real complaint so far is that for the most part, connor seems like he's the same character ezio was, just injun.

Roccityroller
11-01-2012, 02:58 PM
To be fair, 99% of AC games are the single player. The multiplayer is just a fun addition.

Agreed i've never 'bought' any of them.

PoppySquidJr
11-01-2012, 08:54 PM
in their defense, that was DLC and they came right out and said that wasn't canon...

so far i'm enjoying the game personally. my only real complaint so far is that for the most part, connor seems like he's the same character ezio was, just injun.

Adding on to his note: The whole IDEA behind this DLC is that it ISN'T canon. It's the curiosity factor of WHAT IF Washington became corrupt.

Possible very minor spoiler warning, I figured I'd play it safe.Also, I find severe differences between the two, but maybe I just look too deep into it. Ezio is a lot more playful and sociable as a youngun, while Connor is dead serious the whole ride through. Not to mention Ezio is a well known and liked man, whereas Connor is misunderstood and doesn't seem to truly get along with anybody due to cultural differences. The only major similarity I see is the hotheadedness from youth, which even Altair had. That's just something that runs in the family. Highlight to read

Another note: Roc, if you're playing them on PC I don't blame you. the PC Ports were TERRIBLE, although I hear the AC3 port is supposed to actually be done proper, hence the delays for that version.

Novel
11-02-2012, 02:48 PM
Okay so I finished the single campaign. It felt like it was going to drag but ended sort of abrubtly. I found myself missing the mark on a lot of the objectives for the challenges, but finishing them anyway. There's a lot of great ideas throughout the game, philosophy, conspiracy theory, but it goes a bit into its own spin of weird ideas which is cool, but leaves huge gaps in the plot as to where to go next. There's tons of unique stuff to do in the frontier and the cities, but the reward for doing so seems kind of pointless. Hacks, or cheats' become available after the game is finished but come with a twist. I could go on praising the physics engine, the writing, or the storytelling but with a game that took 300 people or more and four years to compete, that is to be expected. I won't be playing any multiplayer but i suspect that I'll be roaming the winter mass woods and fucking bears up with an axe. Werd.

PoppySquidJr
11-02-2012, 04:08 PM
Okay so I finished the single campaign. It felt like it was going to drag but ended sort of abrubtly. I found myself missing the mark on a lot of the objectives for the challenges, but finishing them anyway. There's a lot of great ideas throughout the game, philosophy, conspiracy theory, but it goes a bit into its own spin of weird ideas which is cool, but leaves huge gaps in the plot as to where to go next. There's tons of unique stuff to do in the frontier and the cities, but the reward for doing so seems kind of pointless. Hacks, or cheats' become available after the game is finished but come with a twist. I could go on praising the physics engine, the writing, or the storytelling but with a game that took 300 people or more and four years to compete, that is to be expected. I won't be playing any multiplayer but i suspect that I'll be roaming the winter mass woods and fucking bears up with an axe. Werd.

An axe? Please, I'm fistfighting bears. :P

NotedDerk
11-02-2012, 04:48 PM
I'm knifing bears over here on red dead.

m.seven
11-02-2012, 04:51 PM
i'm knifing myself cause i haven't bought this game yet

r0ke
11-03-2012, 07:25 AM
Arkham Asylum all day.

bengrover
11-05-2012, 02:15 PM
SPOILER.

fuck the ending.

PoppySquidJr
11-05-2012, 02:26 PM
SPOILER.

fuck the ending.

I liked it :(
It makes me insanely curious about what's next.

EmmitBrown
11-05-2012, 02:33 PM
im enjoyin the shit out of this game