PDA

View Full Version : Upload glitch

Groove
11-01-2012, 06:58 PM
Not sure if anyone else gone this through, but I'm experiencing this glitch where as i'm trying to upload the footage to skate.reel, it renders the footage fine, but when it starts to upload, at some point it starts counting the percentage from 1% again, counts up a little and then dismisses uploading without any error notification nor success note by returning to the editing mode by itself (usually it notifies me if the upload has completed or there has been an error). Has anyone else experienced this as well? If yes, how to fix?

NotedDerk
11-01-2012, 07:00 PM
If the percentage ever resets when i'm uploading, I just cancel and start over.
It's never uploaded after that happens to me, at least.

Groove
11-01-2012, 07:03 PM
It seems to be doing that on every try. I've had this glitch for two days now basicly and i've somehow managed to upload only one clip and on the clip it did the same glitch but rather than not being uploaded I was suprised to find it on my skate.ea.com account even though it didn't show the "Upload Complete" message. Perhaps I messed up something somewhere?

m.seven
11-01-2012, 07:12 PM
the reel's always been a finicky lil bitch,some days it works first try every time then a day later it's poop.
i've had it happen before,just kept trying til it worked.i don't think there's any fix for it.

Mark the Sith
11-01-2012, 08:22 PM
Many, many factors for this happening. What's your internet connection like? What system are you on? What router/modem do you use? If you're in Estonia, that might be the problem right there. I suggest using this handy search tool to do more research.

www.google.com

briden
11-01-2012, 08:36 PM
What's your internet connection like?

This is most likely the answer here. I get that situation you're talking about if I'm uploading on xbox while I'm downloading something on my comp, and using my wifi on my phone, and my sister's on youtube in her room, etc. Try uploading with only your xbox connected to the internet, and if all else fails, upload clips in smaller pieces, which I've had to do before for long lines/clips.

knexzor
11-02-2012, 09:27 AM
Yeah that happened to me too the other day. The reel has always been a mess, but this is the first time it didn't send me an error message. Weird. Just keep trying and double check the reel website to make sure the clips are there.

i am a snail
11-02-2012, 09:46 AM
this happened to me a lot a while ago but somehow i dont get that problem now. i'd always just cancel upload and try again

Groove
11-04-2012, 03:01 PM
Many, many factors for this happening. What's your internet connection like? What system are you on? What router/modem do you use? If you're in Estonia, that might be the problem right there. I suggest using this handy search tool to do more research.

www.google.com (http://www.google.com)
Thank you for your reply.
First off, please take the fattest book you can find nearby and proceed to smash it in your face for me: go Google Estonia yourself before assuming that having a person from a country you may never heard of before is a possible cause to some uploading problems. It's not like I'm from an under-developed country, so please explain me how countries are connected to this problem. Also, I already did a research for this uploading problem on Google and on Skate-game related forums, so just suggesting me to "google" my problem isn't very helpful input from you. Have you tried to google this upload glitch yourself?

Ping 15ms
Download speed 10.31Mbps (which should be 1.29MBytes per sec)
Upload speed 0.76Mbps

I run on PS3.

And we have somekind of Linksys router on the house i guess? Does that help?

This is most likely the answer here. I get that situation you're talking about if I'm uploading on xbox while I'm downloading something on my comp, and using my wifi on my phone, and my sister's on youtube in her room, etc. Try uploading with only your xbox connected to the internet, and if all else fails, upload clips in smaller pieces, which I've had to do before for long lines/clips.
Might try that above at some point if it keeps going on.
And that slicing idea is pretty neat actually, i never thought of that. Thanks for the handy points.

Wiltzuh
11-05-2012, 02:47 AM

www.google.com

Yeah i gotta agree with Groove about that...

How is country connected to this problem? There are fastest possible connection even in Africa...
Estonia is in fucking Europe. Even if it's close to Russia (that you guys believe is in stone-age-level) it isn't undeveloped country.

Excuse me if i got you wrong mark but you made it sound like that.

exoskate89
11-05-2012, 04:25 PM
so i was uploading a clip
it went from 55%-72% in 5 sec then just went to 1%
i clicked cancel and found it on my reel just now

crni1976
11-06-2012, 05:32 AM
Hej there,

I used to have these issues with uploading to the Reel almost all the time, but seemed to have found a remedy that works just fine for me. I suggest you give it a try:

First off, everytime you land something you want to share with the world (or fake skater community) save the clip as such. Then go to the "my replays" tab in the Reel to work on the camera angles or any adjustments you want to make. Then, and this is the crucial part, save that final version of your clip once more. Then choose this second saved version to upload to the Reel.

This process, even though friggin' tedious and a pain in the ass, hasn't failed me once. It also remedies clips being tagged as "Easy" on the Reel when actually shot on Hardcore Mode.

Try it out, and see if it works for you.

Cheers,

r0ke
11-09-2012, 02:31 PM
Thank you for your reply.
First off, please take the fattest book you can find nearby and proceed to smash it in your face for me

I have to admit this made me actually laugh out loud (I'm going to hell for sure now).

Seriously though hope you solved the problem.

Groove
11-14-2012, 05:28 PM
Somehow this resolved itself, so i've been stacking up some clips successfully for the past two nights.
Still makes me kinda wonder why it had that glitch for 2-3 days in a row.
Thank you all for your input!