PDA

View Full Version : The new rule of thumb.

Novel
11-25-2012, 05:15 AM
Hey, I know some of us got so tired out using the downtown lot, and the back lot, but for some reason every new cap I've seen in the last two or three months has been an indoor park. I'm not even saying that I don't like the new parks, I love some of them and am insanely jealous of them. Real talk. Some of you are crazy talented at this, and should really make it a rule of thumb that for every two indoor parks, you make an outdoor park. Let's have some new outdoor parks. Pretty please. I'll reward you with some stars and Shit.
-love

Me.

Ohmidineffect
11-25-2012, 08:11 AM
Working on something outdoors currently.

InsideManager
11-25-2012, 08:49 AM
I can't speak for park builders, but I know that if people kept complaining about my graphics I made and not liking the brand, I'd just stop sharing them with people, so that being said, I hate seeing people complain about what parks are being built, just be happy that any parks are built, and if you don't like them don't play them.

Novel
11-25-2012, 10:08 AM
I can't speak for park builders, but I know that if people kept complaining about my graphics I made and not liking the brand, I'd just stop sharing them with people, so that being said, I hate seeing people complain about what parks are being built, just be happy that any parks are built, and if you don't like them don't play them.

who's complaining? I was just asking for more outdoor parks. don't take it so personally, I wasn't trying to offend anyone.
I did say I enjoyed the indoor parks as well. I build parks too, so it's not like i'm relying on people to build parks for me either, that's a
very strange accusation. let's not fight.. I'm on your side mang.

briden
11-25-2012, 11:21 AM
who's complaining? I was just asking for more outdoor parks. don't take it so personally, I wasn't trying to offend anyone.
I did say I enjoyed the indoor parks as well. I build parks too, so it's not like i'm relying on people to build parks for me either, that's a
very strange accusation. let's not fight.. I'm on your side mang.

Start making your own outdoor parks.

Dead_Head
11-25-2012, 11:24 AM
I'd rather let the park builders do what they want to do.

emericaridr11
11-25-2012, 11:40 AM
Start making your own outdoor parks.
for reals

yumpancakes1
11-25-2012, 11:52 AM
cheese balls

ay platypus
11-25-2012, 03:20 PM
Guys I really don't think he ment anything by this... I think he was just trying to prusade us to start making more outdoor parks...

That said novel you need to understand park building goes though crazes... Lately it's been indoors but about a yeah back it was hard to find a park that wasn't industrial and more recently tranny parks... So just sit tight the out door parks will come soon enough

MarcoPoloUSN
11-25-2012, 03:21 PM
I hear a lot of people bitching about this.

m.seven
11-25-2012, 03:31 PM
i blame the berrics :p

yumpancakes1
11-25-2012, 04:18 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/30790352.jpg

PoppySquidJr
11-25-2012, 05:03 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/30790352.jpg

Poor use of the meme, bro. It's very understandable why ANYONE would dislike indoor parks, so that renders this completely senseless and problematic. That meme is supposed to be for things that seem impossible for some humorous reason, I.E. having a kid and avoiding stepping on a lego brick.

itsChizzy!
11-25-2012, 05:11 PM
YESSS!!! fuck these indoor parks man.. this shits getting old.. people should definitely get back to making street spots and lil towns and shit.. i fucking hate indoor parks now.. they are all the same.. every one of them. sorry. :)

itsChizzy!
11-25-2012, 05:28 PM
im uploading an indoor park tonight haha!!!!

Novel
11-25-2012, 05:49 PM
Everybody here is being completely irrational. I didn't demand anything, just suggest there should be more outdoor parks.. but holy shit.. by all means,
let's pretend i'm somehow forcing people to do things, and i'm an asshole for making a suggestion. lighten up eh?
taking this fake skating a bit too seriously.

yumpancakes1
11-25-2012, 06:01 PM
I'm still debating that if cheetos are better than doritos

NotedDerk
11-25-2012, 06:16 PM
I'm with you 100% novel, just so you know.
Just can't control what the builders want to make, it's all their creations.

MarcoPoloUSN
11-25-2012, 06:35 PM
But park creators are a big part of making this game fun so... [click] (http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMI0ItmO72K5_j_lfIR3rGADsfVgL2T p3igDGGlnDxrnC5ZC4hg0he_hrj)

exoskate89
11-25-2012, 06:59 PM
But park creators are a big part of making this game fun so... [click] (http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMI0ItmO72K5_j_lfIR3rGADsfVgL2T p3igDGGlnDxrnC5ZC4hg0he_hrj)
This is true skate 3 would be gone long ago if it wouldnt be for cap and gc

And yummy cheetos are the best

Ohmidineffect
11-25-2012, 07:10 PM
Waste of a thread. Everybody is ganging up on one dude for having an opinion. Would you all have liked OG or Skate 2 if it was all just indoor spots or all just outdoor spots? No. It's just a little variety to keep things fresh. Both styles take skill (as a builder I can admit to that). I just like the lush backgrounds and environments that come with an outdoor park.

Even when I skate indoor parks I try to find little quirky things and gaps that the creator may not have meant to put in there. I think the challenge is building a park thats skateable BUT more skateable than even the creator knows.

InsideManager
11-25-2012, 07:23 PM
To be fair I don't think anybody really "attacked him" or "ganged up" he said he was sick of indoor parks, I said I was sick of people complaining about what parks people make. Pretty simple.

FullyFl4RED00
11-25-2012, 07:40 PM

I could not agree more with this. As someone who spends an ungodly amount of time building requested parks by the community (both indoor and outdoor) it really gets under my skin to see the same community complain like this....its disrespectful.

If you want change don't ask for it...make it happen yourself.

blitzkow
11-25-2012, 07:47 PM
I could not agree more with this. As someone who spends an ungodly amount of time building requested parks by the community (both indoor and outdoor) it really gets under my skin to see the same community complain like this....its disrespectful.

If you want change don't ask for it...make it happen yourself.

I agree people will make outdoor parks and indoor at some time, they just have to be pacent.

SmurfsInABox
11-25-2012, 08:40 PM
I'm asking you all, as a fellow human being, to please cut all of this arguing out. I've been thinking about this all day and I honestly haven't been as concerned about the future until reading the comments on this thread. How can we expect to make it through real crises if we can't even keep ourselves from arguing about such petty things as video games? I'm not the kind of person that deals with confrontation well but if I can prevent others from attacking each other and destroying their friendships then I'll do what's necessary to make sure they get through it. You can call me a bitch or a hippy but I stand by what I have to say. So please just try to get along and if you have any issues please take them out on me and not each other; at least that way there will be less collateral damage.

Thanks for taking into consideration what I have to say and if you really value each other as people then you won't bring this up again.
Pce, Smurfs

Dead_Head
11-25-2012, 08:42 PM
http://blogs.ubc.ca/aaronmak/files/2011/05/cheetosflaminghot.jpg

this is now a cheeto appreciation thread.

FullyFl4RED00
11-25-2012, 08:44 PM
Smurfs...we need more people like you. Good session earlier man!

FullyFl4RED00
11-25-2012, 08:45 PM
http://blogs.ubc.ca/aaronmak/files/2011/05/cheetosflaminghot.jpg

this is now a cheeto appreciation thread.

.....I LOVE Cheetos. I'm going to make a cheeto park in honor of my love for tem

Ohmidineffect
11-25-2012, 08:51 PM
Well played Smurf. I love everyone.

RaginWarHero
11-25-2012, 10:52 PM
I got a remake I'm gonna be finishing it up soon so you will have somethings to skate when i get my park done

emericaridr11
11-25-2012, 10:56 PM
i can understand making Remakes, or Requests, or even if your just a Indoor Park Builder (cause thats what you like), But...

it seems like 80% of the parks i see are some random name TF, not a remake, not a dope request, just a tiny simple, typical as hell indoor park....

those are the ones i hate, plenty of Great Indoors

but everyone and their mommas are uploading these fucking TFs (no offense to anyone's TF, or anyone in general)

gets Annoying, "ungreatful" i personally dont think so

itsChizzy!
11-25-2012, 11:13 PM
all i want is for someone to make solid outdoor spots.. ive been doing my part with both outdoor and indoor parks.. i just want to see more outdoor parks.. like i would love to see "TheMikeSkates" make a dope ass street spot.. or to see "jordan" make a remake of love park.. even another "emericaridr" film spot. just stray away from indoor shit for like 2 months.. thats all

RaginWarHero
11-25-2012, 11:16 PM
at least smurf and fully flared are doing part in the outdoor parks.

emericaridr11
11-25-2012, 11:18 PM
how about More park builders, hell yeah that would be tight

RaginWarHero
11-25-2012, 11:19 PM
Well i mean those two are helping make sure we don't get all indoors other then every now and then.

RaginWarHero
11-25-2012, 11:22 PM
OH sorry guys i forgot blitzcow he's also helping alot in making outdoor parks.

RaginWarHero
11-25-2012, 11:54 PM
Smurf, Fully, Blitz and Mike your the guys who are keeping us with parks to skate. you guys make alot of parks and for us to skate. i don't know why people are arguing about this cause you guys give parks that are amazing and you try and give people a park a week sometimes more then that, that's at least 4 parks a week without other peoples parks being on this that's impressive. you guys do alot for us and I'm getting better park building from just skating parks and getting ideas and looking at good parks i mean might just be me but i get alot of ideas by that way i bet other people also get ideas for parks and get better just by skating good parks trying to make custom ramps, rails, stairs, etc. OH SHOUT OUT TO ALL FILMERS WHO MAKE A LOT OF SKATE VIDEOS RIGHT HERE -> try making 5 plus videos all in game you might be able to do that but after that your gonna be in a stump (without making shity videos.) But all together show some respect guys. i know it was a suggestion, but it turned out into a death glare toward fully, smurf, mike and blitz. overall show some respect.

Novel
11-26-2012, 06:20 AM
all i want is for someone to make solid outdoor spots.. ive been doing my part with both outdoor and indoor parks.. i just want to see more outdoor parks.. like i would love to see "TheMikeSkates" make a dope ass street spot.. or to see "jordan" make a remake of love park.. even another "emericaridr" film spot. just stray away from indoor shit for like 2 months.. thats all

You captured my sentiments exactly. I love the parks these guys do, and I usually give them mad props in the comments to their uploads. I suppose I should have worded my post differently or tried harder not to sound like I was some authority on what people do. The point was that these kids make incredible indoor parks (parks that I love) and I would love to see them do some outdoor spots, mostly becuse I've hit a block in my outdoor parks and get a bit frustrated with my own creations. I sincerely wanted to be part of this board, and have been active in the community since day one. Just not with everyone here specifically. So as long we've squashed some of the unintentional issues brought up here. I hope I haven't disqualified myself from any future respect in this boatdor the community. Just for the record, some of the indoor parks have blown me away, and I was the first to say they made mine look like ass. I just didn't want specific people to be discouraged from more outdoor parks. I was promoting it, that's all.
I have a tendency yo offend people online, it's happened since I've had the internet. I'm banned from all of my favorite sites for having a strong opinion. If I get too assholish, you guys let me know, and I'll tone it down. Just don't diregard or ban me that's alll I ask. Thanks.

m.seven
11-26-2012, 06:27 AM
ragin,you know you can edit your posts,right?
no need to triple post one after the other.

emericaridr11
11-26-2012, 08:46 AM
but it turned out into a death glare toward fully, smurf, mike and blitz. overall show some respect.

SO WRONG pal, as a matter of fact i think those dudes were the ones who got Credit for making parks here in this thread, Indoor or Outdoor...

this has nothing to do with "Respect"

emericaridr11
11-26-2012, 08:47 AM
double post for some reason, ahaha

InsideManager
11-26-2012, 08:49 AM
It's also sad that this thread got 10x more replies than some of the parks guys spend hours building for people to enjoy. :(

Slamooh
11-26-2012, 08:56 AM
YOU were the first to be unrelated
op was just making a suggestion
next time shut up

m.seven
11-26-2012, 08:57 AM
nobody has to share their parks here,builders are gonna build what they want to build,if you wanna skate or not is your choice.
smurf nailed it,arguing over a goddamn video game?
smh

emericaridr11
11-26-2012, 09:01 AM
make parks that DONT skate perfect!
holla back

m.seven
11-26-2012, 09:41 AM
YOU were the first to be unrelated
op was just making a suggestion
next time shut up
little harsh and uncalled for,if it's gonna get to this point this thread just needs to be locked

MarcoPoloUSN
11-26-2012, 10:08 AM
it seems like 80% of the parks i see are some random name TF, not a remake, not a dope request, just a tiny simple, typical as hell indoor park....
Get over it.
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5pqzzdQqh1rrv52p.gif

RaginWarHero
11-26-2012, 10:14 AM
SO WRONG pal, as a matter of fact i think those dudes were the ones who got Credit for making parks here in this thread, Indoor or Outdoor...

this has nothing to do with "Respect"

i know but still sometimes you gotta realize you all didn't make these parks.

emericaridr11
11-26-2012, 12:34 PM
Get over it.
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5pqzzdQqh1rrv52p.gif

SICK haha shame!

emericaridr11
11-26-2012, 12:45 PM
shame you would post this and not something worthy of looking at, Marco!

sorry if i try to shine a bit of light on this whole situation, sigh! right!?

MarcoPoloUSN
11-26-2012, 12:48 PM
shame you would post this and not something worthy of looking at, Marco!
Much like your barren arguments against indoors.

mattyman512
11-26-2012, 12:54 PM
to save the whole skate community on this thread, I'm going to build a...... indoor park!

emericaridr11
11-26-2012, 12:57 PM
Much like your barren arguments against indoors.
hahaha what argument, im trying to shed some light on why we dont like these indoors

hell im trying to keep shit more civil. THANKS marco

MarcoPoloUSN
11-26-2012, 01:09 PM
hahaha what argument

just a tiny simple, typical as hell indoor park....those are the ones i hate
Name 5.

And I fuck with the berrics. Don't go there.

emericaridr11
11-26-2012, 01:11 PM
Name 5.

oh a test ok

i blame the holidays

exoskate89
11-26-2012, 02:12 PM
.....I LOVE Cheetos. I'm going to make a cheeto park in honor of my love for tem

YES

NotedDerk
11-26-2012, 02:20 PM
to save the whole skate community on this thread, I'm going to build a...... indoor park!

Yay!

Ohmidineffect
11-26-2012, 02:22 PM
make parks that DONT skate perfect!
holla back

EMERICA WINS THE GAME. THAT'S ALL I EVER WANTED. PARKS THAT AREN'T EASY TO SKATE.

PoppySquidJr
11-26-2012, 03:12 PM
EMERICA WINS THE GAME. THAT'S ALL I EVER WANTED. PARKS THAT AREN'T EASY TO SKATE.

I agree. I want to fucking WORK for a basic trick. That way pulling something sick will be gratifying as hell

emericaridr11
11-26-2012, 03:20 PM
i like these

http://www.royalle.net/images/products/andy-capp-hot-chips.jpg

Legba
11-26-2012, 03:30 PM
I got love for all the dudes that continuously post dope parks here. Indoor or out, you guys have greatly extended the life of s3 for me. Park building aint easy, and takes a lot of patience. I'm happy there's still as many dudes posting as there are now.
I prefer outdoors...but that's just cuz imma speed guy! At the end of the day, I'm hyped on any CAP I can get a good session in. Regardless of what doors its in or outside of.

Best Cheetos in my book
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8plk48mLj1rtrej0o1_400.jpg

Novel
11-26-2012, 06:04 PM
Where are these hard to play parks at?

MF JORDAN
12-18-2012, 02:56 PM

true

Rushiie
12-19-2012, 04:40 PM
To be fair I don't think anybody really "attacked him" or "ganged up" he said he was sick of indoor parks, I said I was sick of people complaining about what parks people make. Pretty simple.

To be fair he really wasn't complaining.... But aslong as im here, Fuck all indoors (except the berrics 2013). Pretty simple.

EmmitBrown
12-19-2012, 05:10 PM
"...can't do much with that...perhaps it should have been the rule of wrist!"

Hitmanx123
12-19-2012, 07:21 PM
fuck all of you...

EG Fr0sty
12-19-2012, 07:39 PM
I'm not a fan of remakes.

I like original parks. And E is going to be my all time favorite park maker!

Fecal Face
12-19-2012, 08:12 PM
Where are these hard to play parks at?

VIRTUAL PARADISE

must I say more

EmmitBrown
12-19-2012, 08:22 PM
I'm not a fan of remakes.

im a big fan of remakes of spots...a lot of parks dont really translate to the game well in my opinion

PoppySquidJr
12-19-2012, 08:52 PM
im a big fan of remakes of spots...a lot of parks dont really translate to the game well in my opinion

This. Especially pools. Every remade pool I've tried just doesn't skate right. The imagination-spawned custom pools were surprisingly good though.

TOATISCOMING
12-20-2012, 01:05 PM
I wouldnt mind skating outdoor parks,but my deal is,i want to see Original street spots and film spots,people still film video parts and i believe if we had more street spots in caps
parts would be interesting. But thats just me. On the indoor park subject,builders are gonna build what they want,i rather enjoy indoor parks,and it would be cool to do little fun contest at these indoors,or do it kind of like the berrics where its invite only. Theres no need for arguement and this thread was in my opinion a waste of time.

insanemaster74
12-20-2012, 02:27 PM
I wouldnt mind skating outdoor parks,but my deal is,i want to see Original street spots and film spots,people still film video parts and i believe if we had more street spots in caps
parts would be interesting. But thats just me. On the indoor park subject,builders are gonna build what they want,i rather enjoy indoor parks,and it would be cool to do little fun contest at these indoors,or do it kind of like the berrics where its invite only. Theres no need for arguement and this thread was in my opinion a waste of time.

i agree with toat

Rushiie
12-24-2012, 12:06 PM
Name 5.

Go to the park creator thread you'll see at least 5 before the bottom of the page....

FullyFl4RED00
12-24-2012, 05:42 PM
Rushiie.....Da Faq u doin?! Get to work filming a part at the new berrics. I figure...if you can make a vid so good that I dont want to play Ass-o-tf anymore you can at least ruin the berrics for me while your at it. Seriously....get off your ass. <3

Rushiie
12-26-2012, 02:08 PM
Rushiie.....Da Faq u doin?! Get to work filming a part at the new berrics. I figure...if you can make a vid so good that I dont want to play Ass-o-tf anymore you can at least ruin the berrics for me while your at it. Seriously....get off your ass. <3

but d000d im working on one

EmmitBrown
12-26-2012, 06:48 PM
anyone doing any collabs with CAPs?

community style?