PDA

View Full Version : Editing trouble!HELP.

iM DoNe
11-26-2012, 09:57 AM
So i downloaded my clips off skate.reel like always, then dragged them into my video editor (videopad) but when i click to play them the clip is all blury and it doesnt even play.
Then i tried to edit in windows movie maker and it did the same thing...the clips are blury and they dont play.
so i tried downloading some different clips...same shit happened. Im not doing anything different so idk why its doing this...is it possible the clips arent downloading right or they are corrupted...idk any help would be appreciated!

Ladd279
11-26-2012, 11:52 AM
You have to convert them

Fecal Face
11-26-2012, 12:26 PM
Any Video Converter

Prism Video Converter

iM DoNe
11-26-2012, 12:28 PM
You have to convert them
i have never had to convert them before because when you drag the clips into video pad editor it automaticaly converts them to the right format... but ill give it a try. convrt to what format tho?

iM DoNe
11-26-2012, 12:33 PM
NOPE. i just tried converting a clip to all possible formats...they still arent working!!!still blury wtf

m.seven
11-26-2012, 01:09 PM
did you upload in high resolution?

emericaridr11
11-26-2012, 01:13 PM

take a look at the clip you downloaded on a video player to see if the quality is the same as it is when you inport them into video pad

iM DoNe
11-26-2012, 01:17 PM
yes, i havent done anything different than i usually do, but i havent tried editing in like 5+months...its weird when it bring the clip into videopad, it converts like normal, then when i go to play the clip it wont play, and the bottom half of the pictur is blury...

emericaridr11
11-26-2012, 01:36 PM
yes, i havent done anything different than i usually do, but i havent tried editing in like 5+months...its weird when it bring the clip into videopad, it converts like normal, then when i go to play the clip it wont play, and the bottom half of the pictur is blury...
maybe your videopad preview settings are set to lowest or something

iM DoNe
11-26-2012, 01:44 PM
take a look at the clip you downloaded on a video player to see if the quality is the same as it is when you inport them into video pad
they are flv default. but wen i drag them into vidpad it says converting but doesnt say to what...

Antwan
11-26-2012, 01:46 PM
Well it's an easy thing to get frustrated about when dealing with computers
but you can't let it get to you.
Things stop working randomly, it just happens.
You need to do a process of elimination with these type of issues.
So you convert the files and they still have an issue playing in videopad
The clips DO play on the website I assume as you had not mentioned an issue there.
So that's a good thing.. more than likely not an issue with your computer.
You might try uninstalling and reinstalling Videopad editor
Personally I hate that editor.
You might consider a new one all together, how you get it is up to you.
I have not had a good experience using that one personally.
Sony Vegas is what I use on windows. On linux I used KdenLive.

You can actually use a USB Drive to install an instance of Linux and use Kdenlive
all on a bootable image, everytime you boot up your usb you will be in the linux operating system.
I would not suggest this method right off the back but it's something people should know about.
If you are unable to get anything else working kdenlive is basically a Sony Vegas for Linux Operating systems.
Video here, if all else fails: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ohKkEK280w

emericaridr11
11-26-2012, 01:47 PM
they are flv default. but wen i drag them into vidpad it says converting but doesnt say to what...

have you actually exported the clips FROM videopad.....
maybe its just videopads viewer thats giving you shitty quality

render it out, and see what it looks like

iM DoNe
11-26-2012, 01:49 PM
maybe your videopad preview settings are set to lowest or something nahh cuz ive tried messn w the settings and plus its doin the same thing in Movie Maker soo... i might try to find another editing program and if it stiil dont work ill know the problem is w the clips.

emericaridr11
11-26-2012, 01:50 PM
nahh cuz ive tried messn w the settings and plus its doin the same thing in Movie Maker soo... i might try to find another editing program and if it stiil dont work ill know the problem is w the clips.

true true thats weird, videopad is known to have shitty playback, but WMM should be all good

iM DoNe
11-26-2012, 02:10 PM
true true thats weird, videopad is known to have shitty playback, but WMM should be all good
Something is definatly wrong w the clips i cant get any to play on my computer at all its like they are fucked

Mark the Sith
11-26-2012, 10:38 PM
VLC to just watch your clips.
Prism to convert.
Try Vegas, iMovie, PowerDirector, or any of the multitude of editors out there to manipulate your clips.

iM DoNe
11-27-2012, 10:32 AM
VLC to just watch your clips.
Prism to convert.
Try Vegas, iMovie, PowerDirector, or any of the multitude of editors out there to manipulate your clips.
i already stated there is no problem with converting or the editor, its the clips themselves that arent working, no matter where i try to play them they dont work... i guess im done making s3 vids:(

m.seven
11-27-2012, 10:54 AM
how are you dl'ing the clips,through the EA site or another downloader?
just wondering if it's something with that,idk...throwin some possibilities out there.

iM DoNe
11-27-2012, 11:25 AM
how are you dl'ing the clips,through the EA site or another downloader?
just wondering if it's something with that,idk...throwin some possibilities out there.
i download them right off EA Skate.reel. is like they arent downloading properly or somthin

m.seven
11-27-2012, 11:30 AM
that's weird,i know it happens with audio to some people.never heard of clips just not playing.
hope you can get it sorted man.

iM DoNe
11-27-2012, 11:44 AM
that's weird,i know it happens with audio to some people.never heard of clips just not playing.
hope you can get it sorted man.

i just dled some new clips and its doing the same thing,blury pic and wont play... do you think it has anything to do w my computer settings? like download settings or somthin..idk shit bout computers