PDA

View Full Version : Hard Times Affect Us All

Get Stoked
02-25-2009, 01:19 PM
I'm very saddened to make this announcement.

This isn't a resignation from Fluckit, but a notification if you will. Over the past few weeks my girlfriend (of 4 years) and I have been having some relationship issues. Today it was ended by our break up and this basically means I'm out on the road, by myself, with no regular computer access. I will have computer access occasionally, but will not have access to my Xbox 360 which means the S.K.A.T.E. contest will be on hiatus until I can get regular internet access again.

I will still be around, will be on AIM occasionally, and will be continuing the Youtube stuff when possible.

I just wanted to let you know so you weren't wondering where I was.

To be honest, I don't know where I'm going to go, sleep, make money, or how to bounce back from this whole big shitty crappity crap all at once. I've been at the bottom before, but having built this life for 4 years to have it crash in one day is just overwhelming.

The forest fire has cleansed the forest floor, now life must start over.

tehwoot
02-25-2009, 01:22 PM
Sorry to hear that man...let me know if I can be of any help

joker
02-25-2009, 01:23 PM
keep your head up bro.

The Revolutionist
02-25-2009, 01:25 PM
jesus man that sucks. sorry to hear that.

CrzBoarder
02-25-2009, 01:31 PM
sucks man, best of luck to you

thesignguy
02-25-2009, 01:35 PM
WOW man sorry for the news, i am sure i post this from all of us at Fluckit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXARdPb4YBs

you are in all our thoughts "friend"

Nelson
02-25-2009, 02:04 PM
I really hope everything works out for you, good luck Brian.

StrabMawr
02-25-2009, 02:45 PM
Shit that sucks.. friends and family are always a good port of call in these situations...hope it all works out for you soon Brian..

SonicKaos
02-25-2009, 02:56 PM
Ouch, that's some hard stuff there...

I guess you'll probably have to call up a friend for a place to stay while you figure out what's up. I don't know the story with the parents, but someone in the family should be good for room or some help in the mean time I hope..

Good luck dude... keep watch for anything that'll help you up quickly!

Adio0709
02-25-2009, 03:25 PM
shit Brian.. Probably one of the chillest guys on xbox, too. hope you do alright. you will

Get Stoked
02-25-2009, 04:02 PM
Thanks guys.

I really appreciate all of the comments, glad to see you guys are real dudes.

Anyways, update on things: Girlfriend chilled out, we talked a little and I decided to just chill at a friend's house for a few days, then come back and see what happens.

Still, I say give it a week or two and I'm pretty confident things will get back to normal. Until then, just wait it out and I'll be back fully.

tehwoot
02-25-2009, 04:22 PM
id let you sleep in my sink or something, but im in NY... and you'd steal my shit

Nelson
02-25-2009, 04:23 PM
Shit if you ever need a temp mod too keep away the spam and such, you know the man :)

K05T0N
02-25-2009, 04:33 PM
come to buffalo and chill with me

we could get super high and forget any of this happened

ChvyVele
02-25-2009, 05:29 PM
Ah shit man, hope everything clears up.

Jakeblueisballin
02-25-2009, 05:48 PM
Damn Brian, that must be horrible. If you don't mind me asking, why did she all of the sudden "end" it?

Get Stoked
02-25-2009, 06:53 PM
I don't mind telling what happened.

Basically, with long relationships (unless you're 80) the people in the relationship will change. This is usually what causes problems... We started dating when I was around 17/18 and she was 18/19, so you can imagine in the 4 years how much we changed, especially going through high school/college/careers, etc...

We had disagreements on things that are opinionated by personality and a person's own self. We got into an argument about something again and it just triggered some down-under anger and resulted in a break up (very basic break up, in my opinion).

Luckily, these are problems that can be worked out, to an extent. We're not that different, but we do disagree on some big issues such as politics and food (trust me, choosing restaurants when dating is tough if you don't like the same things).

Hopefully, we can get past these issues though and continue to be happy and go about our lives. If not... well, I will have some new adventures and a new journey to partake in and regardless, I find it some what exciting (also, fucking scary).

I'm glad to answer any questions, better to talk than keep it in.

Moses
02-25-2009, 07:26 PM
Wow Brian you and me need to talk. Your outlook on this matter is really good man. You see oddly enough the same shit happened to me, except it was one of those I said " i'm leaving and then we didn't talk for a week "....etc... Now we barly talk and I don't see any hope of us getting back together. This was a little before Valentines day and to be honest i'm not doing so good right now. :( I was with my girl 4 years this January that past. Now I don't know.....Just stressin.

tehwoot
02-25-2009, 08:12 PM
shit sucks

Get Stoked
02-26-2009, 05:39 AM
Send me an IM next time you're on AIM when I am. My user name is drinkthefish.

be a debaser
02-26-2009, 06:35 AM
Holy crap Brian... really sad to hear that. MY lady of 5 years and I too just took a break, well a 3 week break for us to figure our shit out. It was a rough 3 weeks, I was an emotional wreck, lost weight, couldnt eat, plus started working night shift at my job. But here we are almost 3 weeks after the break and we have never been so happy. Sometimes it just takes a break when life is clouding what truly makes us happy. I hope for the best and I cant imagine being in your situation since you actually live with her. If you ever head to cali, you have a place to stay over here.

MagicNarcosis
02-26-2009, 05:10 PM
Brian.. me and you already talked about this. You know what's up. Holler at me man.

xLuke
03-07-2009, 04:03 AM
hope everything works out for you mate

Buttty
03-09-2009, 12:24 PM
stay high brian, it will work out ;)

sk8cdt
03-09-2009, 01:14 PM
shit man never saw this post. wouldnt have kept buggi you bout the game of skate if i knew this shit was goin down. keep your head up