PDA

View Full Version : The Official Put Your Board Where Your Mouth Is ***EDITED with Guidelines***

crni1976
11-27-2012, 01:06 PM
***EDITED for some Guidelines laid down by The Man***

I. The challenger picks a TRICK OR LINE that he or she wants someone to pull off in-game. This can be something you are struggling with yourself, something out of the ordinary or extremely gnarly, or something you simply consider impossible in Virtual Fluckerland. If the challenger is out of ideas, he or she is at liberty to open the forum to take suggestions from others.

II. It has to be something REALISTIC, meaning that the challenger includes some real life footage of the trick or line that he or she is looking for.

III. Include a bit of a DESCRIPTION of the trick or line, pointing out what it is (considering stance and such) and mention at what point in the video or clip the challenge can be found (unless of course the clip actually is just one trick or line).

IV. Give it some time for contenders to send in a submission. This can be a YouTube link, a link to your console Reel, or a link to some other source, as long as it is verifiable by everyone else.

V. ONE SUBMISSION PER PERSON. Contenders can try as much as they please to pull off the challenge and shoot as much footage or clips as they want, but at the end of the day, you have to choose very wisely which clip you consider best, in keeping with the technicalities, flow and feel of the original real life footage. Needless to say, only footage in HARDCORE MODE.

VI. There is NO SPECIFIC DEADLINE. The challenger can decide which submission lives up best to his or her expectations. Still, if you want to take a stab at something, better try it sooner than later since someone else might step in for the Eternal Respect and Glory in this little Fake Skater World.

VII. As soon as the challenger considers the challenge met, the person that sent in the most appropriate clip gets to pick a trick or line and the aforementioned cycle repeats itself.

VIII. If necessary, debate regarding the submissions is possible. Everyone is free to state his or her opinion. Just keep it factual, keep it polite, and keep it clean. I am confident things can get sorted this way, should need be.

***ENJOY***

Trying a certain trick repeatedly yet unsuccessfully tonight on my Xbox, I started wondering if it actually could be done to begin with. And then I had this idea. Why not throw it up for grabs, make a bit of a challenge out of it.

I am often blown away by some of the footage that gets posted here, and so I figured it would be great to see what is possible and what white rabbits could get pulled out of the hat.

So, the idea is this. The challenger posts a video and calls a single trick challenge. First one to actually pull it off and capture it on the reel posts his footage here and gets Eternal Fame and Credit for it. And as if that is not enough, I was thinking of making it even more interesting by giving out a bit of a reward to the one that lives up to the challenge. I was thinking of rewarding some Microsoft points or something (maybe 500 MP a pop?), but I don't really know if or how I can gift those. Plus, this would exclude the good people having only access to a PS3. So I am still trying to wrap my brain around this part, so I will take any suggestions or input.

Anyways, after the first person posts his footage featuring the challenge met, then this person in turn gets to set the next challenge, and so on and so forth.

There are probably still some details to work out, but I wanted to get the ball rolling. And so it goes, here is my challenge: I have been hung up on this amazing vid for the last couple of days and I would like to find out if someone is able to pull off the Jerry Gurney trick @ 01.52 (not even sure what to call this half cab to blunt to disaster to revert monster)!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RqW3K-PJ2gk

Any takers? Thoughts, suggestions? Good luck!

BrySull
11-27-2012, 03:19 PM
any trick is possible. its making it look good that's hard.

PoppySquidJr
11-27-2012, 04:09 PM

What he said

EDIT: also mobile youtube link, wonn't work for us

Dead_Head
11-27-2012, 04:14 PM

what about impossibles?

[Moose]
11-27-2012, 05:38 PM
I'm down for any prize that I have to play a video game to earn

[Moose]
11-27-2012, 05:39 PM
what about impossibles?

3-shuvs. Folks get the 2 confused everyday

exoskate89
11-27-2012, 07:05 PM
There are a list of flatground tricks that arent possible in game but the most common ones are there

Legba
11-27-2012, 11:16 PM
It's totally possible in s3.....just wont be as pretty.

crni1976
11-27-2012, 11:58 PM
Maybe everything actually is possible in this little virtual fluckerworld, although that probably entails having to resort to a bit of a glitch sometimes to make it happen which can be a tedious (but of course very very very satisfying) process.

That being said, my challenge still stands (sorry for the mobile link earlier): the Jerry Gurney trick @ 01.53 (some sort of half cab to blunt to disaster to revert)! I welcome any efforts at actually nailing and filming this sucker!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqW3K-PJ2gk

echoturbo
11-28-2012, 12:35 AM
good trick choice it gonna be hard to revert at the end

i am a snail
11-28-2012, 05:27 AM
what about impossibles?
closest i have managed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvlgH22oIwg

Antwan
11-28-2012, 02:46 PM
what about impossibles?
Must be joking so many tricks that fuck up and look like impossibles in skate.
I've done it with the shuv however.
15:16
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NzevHQApg0

PoppySquidJr
11-28-2012, 03:16 PM
Can it be a 180 out instead of a revert out? I only ask because if so I've gotten it about 20 times already, but trying to get only the second half of a trick ungrindable is pretty crazy.

NotedDerk
11-28-2012, 03:20 PM
I'll do the trick in real life, like he did, haha.

Antwan
11-28-2012, 03:50 PM
Eh I actually thought about a series like this a long way back
was going to call it callin out twan tuesdays or some shit
The way skate works, someone might attempt a trick and think it's damned impossible
while another person could look at it and instantly have variation ideas..
I say do your best, post what you have, best one wins by vote.
You need to think about having organized deadlines if you want this to be successful though.
A few days or maybe the whole week to come up with the closest variation, and then a final vote.
Get it going, I'd be down. I've got so much useless fake skate knowledge.

edit: one entry per person, once you enter, no more.
Uh.. Variation of the week?
Votw..
Just a thought.

PoppySquidJr
11-28-2012, 04:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU5I-H4Ks38
My first one, it looks better but isn't technically as close as the other one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMrQ_MOhpq8
The more accurate, but also more ugly one.

If you're gonna roll with Antwan's one submission only idea, then roll with the second one I guess, since I feel it's technically more close to accuracy.
Also only one video allowed to be posted? Weak.

NotedDerk
11-28-2012, 05:03 PM
It looked really good luft, but you did the trick a little different.
it was a half cab to blunt, to back disaster, back revert out.
you did a front 180 into a noseblunt into a front rock, basically.
Think I got all the terms and stuff right, might be wrong though.

STILL, it was cool luft!

PoppySquidJr
11-28-2012, 05:21 PM
It looked really good luft, but you did the trick a little different.
it was a half cab to blunt, to back disaster, back revert out.
you did a front 180 into a noseblunt into a front rock, basically.
Think I got all the terms and stuff right, might be wrong though.

STILL, it was cool luft!

whoops. Well shit, it'd be EASIER the other way, blunts back onto the coping are way easier than noseblunts. I wish I had known that. Oh well, I'm already off of the xbox for the night.
EDIT: The fact that he's goofy foot and I'm regular is probably what tripped me up. XP

Antwan
11-28-2012, 06:05 PM
Yeah stance should be accurate, I wouldn't even count your entry yet if this thing isn't set up.
It's just an idea.. we don't have to roll with it.
Just seems like contests always have restrictions and rules
and without those limitations, we're just posting into this thread whenever we can.
I dunno.. just seems like you don't really earn anything in being given so much time to accomplish one trick.
If we do want this to be official.. think of it like how Likebuttermag.com was doing clip of the week.
We'll add our own twists to the rules, get a logo everyone can use in the beginning.
Obviously open to discussion, throw ideas out if you have them.. this is just what I am thinking.
Would be cool to have something unique for skatefluckit, a weekly thing even better.
I'm thinking
Variation of the Week
VOTW #1
Whoever is running this thing will pick a trick or sequence we have to re create as fluidly as possible.
Obviously, week by week it will be a bit hard to pick out tricks so suggestions should be allowed.
One Video in the thread. Doesn't mean you can't upload multiples to your reel or youtube and pick the best
so long as you post it by the end of the week, no problem.
Sounds good to me.. if you like this, cool.. feel free to add what you think needs to be done/doesn't belong.

edit:
Here's a recap of how Clip of the week was being done
http://likebuttermag.com/forum/topics/cotw-09-closed

crni1976
11-28-2012, 11:20 PM
Fucking hell Luftwaffe! If only you did it switch since it's a half cab into blunt (well, going in fakie, you know what I mean) you'd have nailed it. I would go with your first attempt though since even in the vid it seems more of a 180 out (with little pop) than a revert I guess. But so that video of yours looks sick, if you can get it up switch, then you accomplish what I was aiming for, showing what can be done, doing what I haven't been able to yet, giving some trick tips and motivate me and others to try harder :-)
I am on my way to work now, but I will get back to this thread later today to work out the details. Thanks for your input Antwan and everyone!

PoppySquidJr
11-29-2012, 06:31 AM
Fucking hell Luftwaffe! If only you did it switch since it's a half cab into blunt (well, going in fakie, you know what I mean) you'd have nailed it. I would go with your first attempt though since even in the vid it seems more of a 180 out (with little pop) than a revert I guess. But so that video of yours looks sick, if you can get it up switch, then you accomplish what I was aiming for, showing what can be done, doing what I haven't been able to yet, giving some trick tips and motivate me and others to try harder :-)
I am on my way to work now, but I will get back to this thread later today to work out the details. Thanks for your input Antwan and everyone!

I'll retry this again when I get back to the dorm this afternoon, see if I can't get it the right way this time :P

crni1976
11-29-2012, 01:58 PM
Having looked into the suggestions posted above, I am still trying to get my head around a good way to make this thread work and, more importantly, to make it fun and inspiring.

The reason I came up with this thread is because I was having a hard time with a specific trick (see above) and still haven't pulled it off, only to see Luftwaffe come up with something that is close but not quite true to the original yet (half cabs to blunt are a pain in the ass!).

I feel this should continue to be the focus, i.e. experienced, adventurous or prodigy players stepping in to help out others that are struggling with or doubting the sheer possibility of a certain trick.

So in this spirit it maybe would be best to avoid making too much of a competition out of it, since that would probably mean having to assemble some sort of jury to decide on both challenges and submissions, and having to deal with all the hassle that comes with it.

Maybe it would work best if someone just proposes a challenge for a trick or possibly line, backing the request with real life footage of said trick or line to keep with the realistic spirit of things. All those interested are then free to submit just one clip in this thread featuring their best or most suitable try filmed in virtual fluckerland.

I am thinking no fixed deadline might be needed as the person providing the challenge is free to decide if a clip lives up to it. So it might just take one submission or it might take a lot more. In case of debate, everyone is free to state his opinion to come to an agreement and move on.

As soon as the challenger is satisfied, he states so, leaving the person that first sent in a suitable clip to provide the next challenge or to open the forum to suggestions from other people. The first suggestion then is taken keeping in mind that is has to be a realistic trick or line (based on actual footage) that you have been struggling with or that you deem impossible in-game.

Contrary as to I originally suggested, it might not be necessary to actually use rewards, since most of us here will probably get stoked as it is pulling of challenging tricks and lines and getting due props for it.

I am hoping this makes sense, but I will give it some more thought in the weekend. Any feedback, thoughts or suggestions are still more than welcome.

In the meantime, I am looking forward to new submissions regarding the current challenge that is referred to above, since I still need to be convinced of its possibility!

Cheers

m.seven
11-29-2012, 02:15 PM
sounds more fun as you last described it than it being a contest.
with contests there's always the biased and the butthurt.

PoppySquidJr
11-29-2012, 03:14 PM
In the meantime, I am looking forward to new submissions regarding the current challenge that is referred to above, since I still need to be convinced of its possibility!
Cheers

I can get it the other way, but it's far less attractive and thus I haven't saved a clip yet. In hindsight, I should've just kept a few <_<

crni1976
11-29-2012, 03:24 PM
I can get it the other way, but it's far less attractive and thus I haven't saved a clip yet. In hindsight, I should've just kept a few <_<

Do put something up, since I am convinced you can pull it off! :-) I succeeded to get from half cab into blunt a couple of times, but can't seem to get to the disaster part, let alone the 180 out

PoppySquidJr
11-29-2012, 07:00 PM
Do put something up, since I am convinced you can pull it off! :-) I succeeded to get from half cab into blunt a couple of times, but can't seem to get to the disaster part, let alone the 180 out

Getting an actual revert out is near impossible for me, but I can get a drop 180 out every good once in a while, like no popping, just dropping into a quick 180

momadaddy
11-29-2012, 08:41 PM
is this what you want mommy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Hr3zgtkZ4Y

PoppySquidJr
11-29-2012, 08:53 PM

That first pop. It confuses me immensely. XD

NotedDerk
11-29-2012, 10:20 PM

He did it!

crni1976
11-29-2012, 11:57 PM

Well, technically this is it! BUT, in keeping with the spirit of the original video, the pop used to go from the half cab into blunt should be kept to a minimum. Now I know this is possible since I succeeded in doing so (about two or three times out of numerous, numerous tries). It's the disaster/180 out that I get hung up on.

So it just needs a little more fine-tuning, getting close!

@ Luftwaffe: both 180 low pop out or dropping into a quick 180 would do just fine

momadaddy
11-30-2012, 12:19 AM
lower pop. will try for no pop if necessary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4r6p-rsdw0

Boris Magee
11-30-2012, 12:35 AM
hahahaha i'm enjoying this

crni1976
11-30-2012, 03:46 AM

Okay, so now I am just curious if you can pull off lower or even no pop!! LOL

If not I think I can settle for this one. Awesome stuff momadaddy123, trick of the day, King for a Lifetime! Props go also to Luftwaffe for his submissions and efforts!

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/images/shows/eastbound_and_down.jpg

You can propose a new challenge momadaddy123 or you can decide to open the forum to suggestions from others. Either way you decide, the new challenge needs to be submitted with some real life footage that features the trick or line you are looking for.

Still, from now on contenders have to decide for themselves which clip to submit, since ONLY ONE SUBMISSION PER PERSON will be allowed. So choose wisely which one of your possibly various efforts comes closest to the spirit, groove and technicalities of the challenge at hand (so watch the footage closely for issues of stance and other subtleties).

The challenge ends as soon as the challenger is satisfied with one of the entries (public debate can be held if necessary, but keep it clean and polite). And so on and so forth.

Godspeed!

NotedDerk
11-30-2012, 05:09 AM

PJ's front willy stall made that clip even better!

Demzilla
11-30-2012, 09:00 AM
this thread is awesome...

im always stuck if i should ask someone to do a trick just so i can see if its possible...
the only other time i did this was after 2 games i asked south to front hurry dub front blunt and he did it in like 3 sec...
shamed all over my face money shot....
still cant do them...

80% of the time im kinda forcing the game to glitch so i can do somethin...
i wouldnt put that frustration on anyone...

someone figure out how to wallride out of grinds on any obstacle.....
a year later and shit is drivin me nuts....

Permy
11-30-2012, 09:16 AM
wallrides out of grinds will be the death of me

momadaddy
11-30-2012, 07:07 PM
someone can suggest something i cant think of anything. the idea of a wallride out of a grind is very interesting though

Antwan
11-30-2012, 08:58 PM
There's a ton of skaters Moma
How about
Bert Wootton
Richie Jackson
Patrick Melcher
Wallie Variations for days

Permy
11-30-2012, 09:27 PM
bert is so good

momadaddy
11-30-2012, 10:16 PM
i have never been able to make one of these look good like in this video. always wanted to so i say the trick @ 1:16

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe3LfIxyv8Q

Antwan
11-30-2012, 11:40 PM
Maybe the person who picks the trick describes it to the best of their ability too
The russian boneless looking trick daewon did is what you mean moma?

momadaddy
12-01-2012, 01:36 AM
sorry. yeah that is what i was talking about. they are easy on flat ground but i think it would be hard to do it like he does back into transitiom

Antwan
12-01-2012, 02:41 AM
Well I happened to be up this morning and I was skating so.. I took a stab at it.
I followed everything Daewon did accordingly, I had no issue coming back in
my issue was landing on top of the flat without doing an ollie
so this clip I did ollie up to the russian boneless I want to see some people try this
if you can get it without the ollie up I will surely be bested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqOEvcHcrSY

crni1976
12-01-2012, 02:55 AM
Great pick moma! I am starting to think that you guys have some extra buttons on the controller or something. I will take a stab at it later but don't think I can live up to this level.

PoppySquidJr
12-01-2012, 09:44 AM
Well I happened to be up this morning and I was skating so.. I took a stab at it.
so this clip I did ollie up to the russian boneless I want to see some people try this

Aw man, we can use CAPs? These are gonna be a whole lot easier now. I assumed they'd just be avoided due to the ability to like, make the "perfect" spot for it

crni1976
12-01-2012, 10:16 AM
Aw man, we can use CAPs? These are gonna be a whole lot easier now. I assumed they'd just be avoided due to the ability to like, make the "perfect" spot for it

I didn't really think that part through. I guess people can use whatever location they decide on, since eventually the gnarliest location will prevail? Or so I am hoping.. .

crni1976
12-01-2012, 12:24 PM
I can't get my friggin' second footplant in

Antwan
12-01-2012, 04:15 PM
Create a park is usually harder to skate than Career locations
You didn't want to say anything until we started "Judging" Luftwaffe, is what it is.

That's what I'm saying.. I couldn't even do the Russian boneless without an ollie..
the ollie gave me more hop in from the first footplant for some reason.
Daewon doesn't ollie into it though.

briden
12-01-2012, 07:54 PM

Holy shit that was perfect.

InsideManager
12-01-2012, 08:33 PM
Wallride out of grind is fairly easy, hard to make look good, but I got probably 4 out of 40 tries or so lol, I don't know how to post to youtube or anything so here's the reel clip.

http://skate.ea.com/gallery?contentType=SKATE_REEL&subType=VIDEO&platform=xbox#sortBy=MOST_RECENT&filter=ALLTIME&slice=search&galleryType=USER&subType=VIDEO&contentType=SKATE_REEL&itemId=2451167

echoturbo
12-01-2012, 09:52 PM
how much i love you inside it dosent count

crni1976
12-01-2012, 11:03 PM
Wallride out of grind is fairly easy, hard to make look good, but I got probably 4 out of 40 tries or so lol, I don't know how to post to youtube or anything so here's the reel clip.

http://skate.ea.com/gallery?contentType=SKATE_REEL&subType=VIDEO&platform=xbox#sortBy=MOST_RECENT&filter=ALLTIME&slice=search&galleryType=USER&subType=VIDEO&contentType=SKATE_REEL&itemId=2451167

Can't watch this from my IPad unfortunately, but will check it later. If only it were the actual challenge though!

We need some more people taking a stab at that Russian boneless, it's hard as hell!

momadaddy
12-02-2012, 03:43 AM
i can do the Russian bonless without the ollie but i can not get back to the transition. antwan made that shit look clean as hell though DAMN. i would totally count that

InsideManager
12-02-2012, 08:02 AM
Yeah I just felt like giving it a go haha, I could probably never pull off that disaster stall or the boneless, the wallride seemed feasible to me haha, but yeah the link was a fail, it just goes to my Reel but theres a clip where you can visibly see the wallride, thats the one.

On a side note, the idea is cool and fun, Ant killed that first trick.

crni1976
12-02-2012, 08:46 AM
So Antwan, you're up next! Post some footage with an idea, or open the forum for input and suggestions. I have some, should you be out of ideas :)

Antwan
12-02-2012, 02:23 PM
Yeah I'll take suggestions

Fecal Face
12-02-2012, 02:27 PM
Yeah I'll take suggestions

tailside 360 shuv to tailslide?

Antwan
12-02-2012, 02:36 PM
Sounds tough enough..
Link to footage?

m.seven
12-02-2012, 03:18 PM
tailside 360 shuv to tailslide?
i've done it backside a few times,never filmed it cause the landings were always rubbish.

Antwan
12-02-2012, 05:16 PM
Well I could likely name 100 tricks that people would have difficulty with..
aren't we trying to re-create real footage though?
Let's try this on for size.. In honor of Cosmic Vomit 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73ILj_wpPyQ) coming out soon.
I know it's fairly difficult to get pivots out of stuff, but it is possible.

Bert Wootton in Cosmic Vomit,
Stance: Regular
180 up, fakie manny, 180 off obstacle, 180 pivot out
@ 41 seconds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpG_8dMGQ8M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpG_8dMGQ8M

Might be real tough so closest variation wins!
Get it going.

Ladd279
12-02-2012, 07:20 PM
So close to get a perfect one! I got a legit one but stopped rolling when I landed so figured it didn't count

crni1976
12-03-2012, 12:06 PM
My best effort so far, so I might as well go with it. Sorry for the sloppy filming, did this quickly.

Here's a link to my reel (being a bit of a computer illiterate, I haven't figured out yet how to convert to Youtube):

http://skate.ea.com/user/gallery?personaId=

Cheers,

Antwan
12-03-2012, 12:39 PM
For the record, search for your username on skate.reel and then post the link from that to show us.
http://skate.ea.com/gallery?contentType=SKATE_REEL&subType=VIDEO&platform=xbox#searchType=AUTHOR&query=crni1976&slice=search&galleryType=ALL&subType=VIDEO&contentType=SKATE_REEL&filter=ALLTIME&itemId=2452399
It's not bad man.. I was thinking more along the lines of a popless ollie 180, a revert without the manual.
It's too bad this isn't a set date contest, I know some guys here know how to do them real well.
I'm gonna sit on it, wait to see Ladd's Attempt and anyone else that wants to try.
Keep them coming.

crni1976
12-03-2012, 12:48 PM
For the record, search for your username on skate.reel and then post the link from that to show us.
http://skate.ea.com/gallery?contentType=SKATE_REEL&subType=VIDEO&platform=xbox#searchType=AUTHOR&query=crni1976&slice=search&galleryType=ALL&subType=VIDEO&contentType=SKATE_REEL&filter=ALLTIME&itemId=2452399
It's not bad man.. I was thinking more along the lines of a popless ollie 180, a revert without the manual.
It's too bad this isn't a set date contest, I know some guys here know how to do them real well.
I'm gonna sit on it, wait to see Ladd's Attempt and anyone else that wants to try.
Keep them coming.

A'ight, thanks for fixing my link! Watching the original footage again, I definitely used too much pop

PoppySquidJr
12-03-2012, 01:21 PM
Box was too low to get a popless 180, but I got a revert without the manual http://skate.ea.com/gallery?contentType=SKATE_REEL&subType=VIDEO&platform=xbox#itemId=2452469

Antwan
12-03-2012, 02:03 PM
Damn luft that was pretty close, nice one.
I would like to wait on Ladd's attempt to be fair.. he mentioned trying this.

SK8ERatWAR
12-03-2012, 02:09 PM
no box is too low for a popless.. I like this idea

PoppySquidJr
12-03-2012, 02:14 PM
no box is too low for a popless.. I like this idea

For a popless 180? I can't get the 180 without popping no matter what I do

SK8ERatWAR
12-03-2012, 02:36 PM
http://skate.ea.com/gallery?contentType=SKATE_REEL&subType=VIDEO&platform=xbox#searchType=AUTHOR&query=SK8ERatWAR&slice=search&galleryType=ALL&subType=VIDEO&contentType=SKATE_REEL&filter=ALLTIME&itemId=2452532
you just have to try harder!

PoppySquidJr
12-03-2012, 02:41 PM
http://skate.ea.com/gallery?contentType=SKATE_REEL&subType=VIDEO&platform=xbox#searchType=AUTHOR&query=SK8ERatWAR&slice=search&galleryType=ALL&subType=VIDEO&contentType=SKATE_REEL&filter=ALLTIME&itemId=2452532
you just have to try harder!

Goddamn dude! D:
This is why I skate vert primarily <_<

Ladd279
12-03-2012, 09:34 PM
Winner! It's making me mad I'll try the next one

Antwan
12-03-2012, 09:40 PM
Ok Sk8erAtWar, it's on you now.
I'm hopping out.. got a lot of filming to do for a full length anyway.
Keep this thing going.. it's pretty fun and would be sick if more people get interested.
Maybe we take note of people attempting from now on..
Give everyone a chance until this thing kicks off.

crni1976
12-04-2012, 12:22 AM
Ok Sk8erAtWar, it's on you now.
I'm hopping out.. got a lot of filming to do for a full length anyway.
Keep this thing going.. it's pretty fun and would be sick if more people get interested.
Maybe we take note of people attempting from now on..
Give everyone a chance until this thing kicks off.

Okay Sk8erAtWar, post some real life footage of a trick or line you want to see done in-game. Or open the forum for input and suggestions from others, should you be short of ideas. Also try and put in a bit of a description of the trick or line, and don't forget to mention where the specific segment can be found.

Give it some time for submissions afterwards (one per person) and then decide which clip best lives up to your expectations.

And we could use more people sending in submissions, since this thing would be a whole lot more fun and inspiring if people step in to step it up! Enjoy,

SK8ERatWAR
12-04-2012, 04:27 AM
well I got one suggestion. I don't know if everyone here has access to pretty sweet, I know it has been uploaded to metacafe but that has been taken down already, because I would love to see cory kennedy's trick, crooked 180 fs 180 crooked.. I'll see if I can get only that one trick uploaded somewhere, maybe even just dropbox or something like that so you can see, cuz I would love to see someone do that realistiscally

here it is, hope you can watch it:
Crooktocrook (View My Video)

crni1976
12-04-2012, 07:41 AM
Another premium choice and challenge. I hope we can get those submissions going!

briden
12-04-2012, 03:50 PM
well I got one suggestion. I don't know if everyone here has access to pretty sweet, I know it has been uploaded to metacafe but that has been taken down already, because I would love to see cory kennedy's trick, crooked 180 fs 180 crooked.. I'll see if I can get only that one trick uploaded somewhere, maybe even just dropbox or something like that so you can see, cuz I would love to see someone do that realistiscally

here it is, hope you can watch it:
Crooktocrook (View My Video)

Couldn't find an exact spot, I think this one was pretty close though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL6PzmD83vk

m.seven
12-04-2012, 04:05 PM
i'd call that one done ^

exoskate89
12-04-2012, 04:15 PM
i'll try to do it in a c.a.p...

crni1976
12-04-2012, 09:14 PM
DAMN Briden!

echoturbo
12-04-2012, 11:57 PM
Briden got it perfect

SK8ERatWAR
12-05-2012, 02:54 AM
Couldn't find an exact spot, I think this one was pretty close though.

nice briden! that comes really really close to the reallife trick..

c'mon guys I wanna see more, no need for calling winners already, there's still room for improvement here!
There's two things with briden's trick that can improve.. Sorry guys, I'm just a realistic perfectionist ;)

crni1976
12-05-2012, 02:58 AM
nice briden! that comes really really close to the reallife trick..

c'mon guys I wanna see more, no need for calling winners already, there's still room for improvement here!
There's two things with briden's trick that can improve.. Sorry guys, I'm just a realistic perfectionist ;)

Do tell what specifically can be improved

SK8ERatWAR
12-05-2012, 03:00 AM
the steps can be closer together, and he landed on his back wheels first when he popped out

Ladd279
12-05-2012, 03:45 AM
Oh damn I'll def try this one!especially since I have pretty sweet :)

crni1976
12-05-2012, 04:51 AM
the steps can be closer together, and he landed on his back wheels first when he popped out

Now that is eye for detail :)

echoturbo
12-06-2012, 09:26 PM
thats just BS

i am a snail
12-06-2012, 10:43 PM
thats just BS
i'd say the second part is valid at least

SK8ERatWAR
12-07-2012, 03:50 AM
thats just BS
eye for detail is what sets my clips apart from yours.
the first one may be nitpicking but I would look at that if I would remake the trick..
so for me, People can still do better than briden, and I can declare winners.
But if there's no more entries, we're gonna declare briden winner cuz it was still good, it's a hard trick, especially with a popless out.
unless people still wanna enter, I know ladd wants to do it, and I thought exo was gonna bring one to the table as well, so I'll wait for them to get their clips.

Ladd279
12-08-2012, 03:58 AM
Briden's was sick but Stevie is right, steps were closer. The whole point of this was to do the real trick as close as possible right...have to work tomorrow then I'm off for 2 days I'll try then :)

Kinky-
12-08-2012, 05:04 AM
someone should try make a CAP spot of it.

Cerebus_
12-08-2012, 05:21 AM
I thought this was more about seeing if the trick was possible in the game. Not trying to completely recreate the scene. Am I missing something here? I wanna give it a try but I dont want it to turn into a CAP creating contest too.

crni1976
12-08-2012, 06:16 AM
I thought this was more about seeing if the trick was possible in the game. Not trying to completely recreate the scene. Am I missing something here? I wanna give it a try but I dont want it to turn into a CAP creating contest too.

I agree, I never intended this thread to become a CAP creating contest per se. I intended it as a way to suggest amazing and challenging tricks and lines, something that boggles your mind, something you are having difficulties with yourself in-game or something that you might even consider impossible in-game. I know there are a lot of talented players to be found in this community, so I just wanted to get something going that invites people to step up to a challenge and display their skills.

So for me it's basically about pulling off any given trick or line. People are free to join in and attempt the challenge at hand at any location they see fit. So I guess it's about pulling of the gnarliest variation, in keeping with the technicalities of the trick. So in case of the current challenge, it is not about finding an exact copy of the bench that is shown in the movie, it's more about taking that specific trick and doing it on a similar bench in-game (the bench or location actually being crucial to this specific challenge). The clip that best fits the overall feel of the original footage will come out on top in my book.

In this case Briden put down a tremendous run in my opinion, but I understand there are still a couple of people trying to get a shot in. We'll see if something better pops up.

exoskate89
12-08-2012, 06:17 AM
i can't find a cap or a spot that looks like it...

i am a snail
12-08-2012, 09:07 AM
perfect spot for the cory kennedy thing is any planter in the upper plaza of danny way dlc

crni1976
12-11-2012, 06:30 AM
Are people still on this Cory Kennedy challenge? If not, maybe we can agree that Briden takes the cake on this one...

SK8ERatWAR
12-11-2012, 08:15 AM
Let's wait one more day for laddy

crni1976
12-15-2012, 01:21 AM
Let's wait one more day for laddy

So what do you reckon, we move this thing along?

SK8ERatWAR
12-15-2012, 06:15 AM
I'm sorry for my late replies, been a busy week for me, haven't even been able to game one second this week.
Anyways, Briden's winner!

crni1976
12-19-2012, 10:47 AM
Give us a sign of life Briden!

briden
12-20-2012, 06:28 PM
Sorry! Been crazy busy at work, havent gotten on much.

I've tried this trick for hours, gotten all three different parts of it on their own, but can never put it all together. The cab pivot fs shuv nosepick 270 out ala Chad Knight @ 4:55

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPQj5XM-AEg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPQj5XM-AEg

And please don't pop into or out of it, I wanna see it legit like he did.

Legba
12-20-2012, 07:51 PM
I really want that Gull Wing hat at 0:23 lol.
But anyhoo, that trick looks damn tough guys.... I know that pretty lil popless spin out is gonna be a doozy!

SK8ERatWAR
12-21-2012, 03:12 AM
GOD DAMN briden that trick is going to drive me insane haha, but I'll definitely try

crni1976
12-21-2012, 04:09 AM
A great pick Briden. I'll see if I can get something in.

A cool thing about this thread is that I get to see a lot of amazing footage that I would otherwise probably miss out on :)

SK8ERatWAR
01-03-2013, 10:50 AM
I guess that trick is too hard, I wasn't able do it and nobody else posted anything! I don't want this thread to die, I like it

briden
01-03-2013, 11:48 AM
Come on bitches!

http://skate.ea.com/user/gallery?personaId=224164121&platform=xbox#itemId=2478634

I just got a crappy one real quick, somebody's gotta have the chops to do a clean one

Sickone
01-03-2013, 12:19 PM
It's impossible without glitching to do it properly, he body varial's halfway through, you cant do that in Skate 3 :(

briden
01-03-2013, 01:10 PM
It's impossible without glitching to do it properly, he body varial's halfway through, you cant do that in Skate 3 :(

No, I'm talking about the trick at 4:55 in this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPQj5XM-AEg). Fakie 270 into a pivot, fs shuv into nosepick, 270 out. It's the trick I posted right before you, but cleaner.

Sickone
01-03-2013, 01:25 PM
I can see that trick and it's not possible, you didn't jump off your board and land switch during the shuv. I've been trying it for a while and can only get him to glitch switch stance mid trick, wont land it though

briden
01-03-2013, 07:33 PM
I can see that trick and it's not possible, you didn't jump off your board and land switch during the shuv. I've been trying it for a while and can only get him to glitch switch stance mid trick, wont land it though

A switch pivot and a regular nosepick are the same thing... you're trying way too hard.

Sickone
01-03-2013, 10:56 PM
Not anymore lol, I give up, I cannot land it exactly like the video..

I'd love to be proven wrong though as it'd be nice to see

XImortalDEATHX
01-04-2013, 11:43 AM
i have never been able to make one of these look good like in this video. always wanted to so i say the trick @ 1:16

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe3LfIxyv8Q
I'm not even sure thats possible, to switch sides of your foot to the other end, maybe similar.

echoturbo
01-06-2013, 01:50 AM
after 3 hours of trying it this is the best i could do http://skate.ea.com/user/gallery?personaId=186602082&platform=xbox#itemId=2481450

briden
01-07-2013, 07:28 PM
after 3 hours of trying it this is the best i could do http://skate.ea.com/user/gallery?personaId=186602082&platform=xbox

Sick! But come on guys there's a couple things that can be cleaner about it.

NotedDerk
01-07-2013, 11:30 PM
I've been trying briden, shit's hard!

crni1976
01-08-2013, 01:03 AM
Great to see you guys persisting! :) I will try and give it a go later

d22d223
01-08-2013, 01:37 AM
can anyone challenge cuz i still can not pull off 2:05

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CARSXrffLqA

crni1976
01-08-2013, 01:52 AM
can anyone challenge cuz i still can not pull off 2:05

Hold up man, we're still on Briden's challenge. That one didn't get called yet.

d22d223
01-08-2013, 12:49 PM
after countless attempts i give on the current challenge. i did get a Russian boneless but it was already done lol.

d22d223
01-08-2013, 12:56 PM
after countless attempts i give on the current challenge. i did get a Russian boneless but it was already done lol.

SK8ERatWAR
01-08-2013, 01:47 PM
but there's still other people trying.. can't wait for what derk's got! He's got quite the rep of masterflicker for me.. echo's one was pretty sick too though

crni1976
01-22-2013, 07:39 AM
Unfortunately this thread has been collecting dust. I will try to put in some more efforts this week regarding the challenge set by briden (see above). If anyone else feels like stepping up to take a stab at this, please do and post your results here.

If nobody comes up with anything by the weekend, I suggest briden advises on how to proceed so we can move this sucker along.

Cheers.

briden
01-22-2013, 08:36 AM
Unfortunately this thread has been collecting dust. I will try to put in some more efforts this week regarding the challenge set by briden (see above). If anyone else feels like stepping up to take a stab at this, please do and post your results here.

If nobody comes up with anything by the weekend, I suggest briden advises on how to proceed so we can move this sucker along.

Cheers.

Sounds fair, I'll give until the weekend incase anyone wants to give it one last shot?

thrillseeker58
01-22-2013, 01:01 PM
Im goin after it best thread on here I love the challenges brings some excitement back to the game.