PDA

View Full Version : 12.12.12!

Bourgault95
12-12-2012, 11:31 AM
Yep! Today is 12.12.12! Wich means the new DGK video Parental Advisory is now avalaible at your local skateshop, on www.thekayostore.com AND on iTunes! Sincerly, only by watching the trailer, I pretty sure this video is gonna be dope. Here's the new teaser:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Z-9-_CvQoEU

Enjoy!

r0ke
12-12-2012, 06:40 PM
Please post a link to the video someone when it's available.

Can't wait.

Slamooh
12-13-2012, 02:07 AM
same here

sidenote : "if you got haters you must be doin' somethin right" is so retarded

http://static.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/MjAxMi00ODQ3MGVlNmQ0NWI1YzE3.png

DonVigo
12-13-2012, 07:31 AM
I too want to see this flick, but I also have to say... Fuck the "I heart haters" bullshit. For one, what Slamooh said... And two, that seems to be part of every 12 year old white kids standard issue wardrobe.

Antwan
12-13-2012, 09:04 AM
You do know you fuel the argument by posting about it right?
If there were no haters there would be no saying
Not the people that aren't into what you do
Just those People that Hate what you're about, think you can't amount to anything
Think you need to conform to succeed.
The whole thing (I'm guessing) is just about the underdog..
overcoming the odds, the haters and doing it their own way.
I wouldn't be the guy wearing the clothing but I think it's pretty cool in that respect.
Isn't a big part of skateboarding about underdogs anyway.. Getting Discovered/Sponsored?
I don't know, seems like a fit to me. :cool:

m.seven
12-13-2012, 09:16 AM
it's got nothing to do with being the underdog or anything deep like that,despite what DGK says.
wanna be thugs catering to the "yolo swag" idiots out there in the suburbs is what it is.
i'll check it out for the skating,that's it.

Antwan
12-13-2012, 09:48 AM
Why do you say that..
How is You only live once and swag tied to Haters?
I don't know much about it but I wouldn't think clothing brands were what started Swag.
My understanding of swag is how a person carries themselves, not what they wear.
If you ask me it all sounds similar..
You only live once, Skate or die.
Kids were always wearing what everyone else was weren't they?
It's one thing to say you dislike "Thug Skaters" while I don't agree with it I get it..
but saying words, logos and slogans upset you is just odd to me.
They are everywhere, they are what drive society to consume and continue existing.
It's and odd cycle that runs itself into the ground and is more obvious lately but we seem to thrive on these things.
Things don't seem much different now.

m.seven
12-13-2012, 09:58 AM
who said i was upset?
i understand you're VERY opinionated,which is fine,but i'm not even gonna get involved in a point/counterpoint debate over it.

Antwan
12-13-2012, 10:12 AM
Well I'm not trying to be "The Right Person"
I'm just saying what's on my mind reading this..
I think I get why people are confused about my posts now
I don't respond to just the person above me, That was a response to the whole discussion.
I realize I didn't say it but DonVigo and Slamooh come off irate toward the topic.

m.seven
12-13-2012, 10:28 AM
i see Antwan,fair enough.i just meant the subject isn't really important enough to me to really get into an in-depth discussion over.
no offense meant by me.everybody here knows you're down for discussion,it is a forum after all.:D

Antwan
12-13-2012, 10:40 AM
Everyone has an opinion man there's no avoiding that
That's why I like discussions and debates
it's interesting to see what people have to say
I mean come on..
YOLO You Only Live Once/SOD Skate or Die
That's a good point.

NotedDerk
12-13-2012, 12:33 PM
I agree with slamooh, when someone uses the term 'hater,' it makes me cringe.
Fearing for their own stupidity, granted i'm not that intelligent myself, but I would never refer to someone who didn't like me as a fucking 'hater.' Back to the topic of this thread though, I'd like to see the video, doubt it will come close to pretty sweet though.

m.seven
12-13-2012, 01:12 PM
doubt it will come close to pretty sweet though.
i don't think anything will for a good while.

Legba
12-13-2012, 02:43 PM
Yolo swag shit is retarded, I agree. & so is using the whole "haters" thing so heavily. I know that it is abused and used completely out of context, but haters are very real. Just like girls who all come together & talk trash and wish bad things upon another girl in their group just because they all feel she's prettier/smarter than them. Kids that get made fun of for simply being themselves and not like everyone else.
To say that the concept of haters doesnt exist is to say that jealousy doesnt exist.
its to say that everyone approves of what everyone does and how everyone looks.
We all know thats not how this world works.

BUT In the case of most people who use it; yes, they're just trying to sound kool or "hard" or whatever the fuck it takes for people to like you nowadays. And DGK pushes it so hard solely for marketing purposes. Stevie Williams is not dumb and is fully aware of keeping his image and the image of all of DGK as profitable as possible.

I've met/talked/skated with the dude. Being a black skater as a kid, you get plenty of unwarranted hate. I'm talking fights and all.

The "Hater" is just a less eloquent way to describe all who dislike you when you've done nothing to them.

Legba
12-13-2012, 02:50 PM
On a more constructive note; this video looks pretty damn hyphy! (thats right, I took it there) And if I decide to dl it over getting the pack (I kinda do want that calender) I will certainly post a link for you lovable Fluckers!

Monk
12-13-2012, 08:01 PM
I would love to be able to punch anyone in the mouth that yells/types YOLO or has it on the back of their piece of shit caprice rolling 5 mph under the speed limit blocking me from getting a patient where they need to go. as perm would say that's "Nigga Shit"
total waste of an acronym- and even bigger waste of my air space by someone that utters that phrase.

echoturbo
12-13-2012, 08:53 PM
wait is this video good or not all the reply i seen is every talking about how they hate the saying YOLO ?

Legba
12-14-2012, 01:17 AM
Just for fun:
Bad news folks (well, some folks); Lil Wayne's got first track!
Sountrack:
Wade Desarmo - Yuck feat. Lil' Wayne - 2Chainz
Josh Kalis - Action Bronson - Not Enough Words
Marcus McBride - C-Bo - Fuckin Wit It (feat. E-40)
Rodrigo TX - Prodigy - Keep It Thoro (Ponteland Blend)
Derrick Wilson - Kendrick Lamar - M.A.A.D. City (feat. MC Eiht)
Dwayne Fagundes - Wiz Khalifa - Too Late
Marquise Henry - Common - Ghetto Dreams (feat. NAS)
Dane Vaughn - Notorious B.I.G. & 2PAC - The Fog
Keelan Dadd - Pusha T - New God Flow (feat. Kanye West)
Lenny Rivas - Snoop Dogg - Vato (feat. B. Real)
Jack Curtin - N.O.R.E. - Lehhhgooo (feat. Busta Rhymes, Wacka Flocka, & The Game)
Stevie Williams - Jay-Z - Public Service Announcement

Im a lil disappointed that the ENTIRE soundtrack is some form or rap/hip hop.
But then again, its to be expected.
Glad they snuck some action bronson in there.

r0ke
12-14-2012, 07:42 AM
The soundtrack is just a reflection of their personal musical influences. DGK is probably not for suburban skaters unless you're the rare type who actually watches a video for the skating therein.

replicant
12-14-2012, 08:32 AM
I just want to point out that if you use YOLO, Haters, or Swag on a regular basis as part of your dialogue, then I feel you should be smacked in the fucking face with a shovel every time you utter the words.

Legba
12-14-2012, 09:08 AM
The soundtrack is just a reflection of their personal musical influences. DGK is probably not for suburban skaters unless you're the rare type who actually watches a video for the skating therein.
Ayy, dont get me wrong here. I love hip hop! (just not whats on the radio nowadays) But I also love diversity in my music and thusly in my skate videos lol. But yeah, Im just hyped on all the gnarly street skating Im sure this vid contains. I'm talking about that effortless but high powerful as fuck style that all of the dgk dudes possess.

r0ke
12-14-2012, 09:44 AM
Go Brooklyn!

m.seven
12-14-2012, 09:47 AM
unless you're the rare type who actually watches a video for the skating therein.
i'm kinda that way,if the skating's good but i don't dig the music i'll still watch it.
the music's just background to me.

Antwan
12-14-2012, 11:29 AM
For the record I've never heard anyone use the words haha I just like to discuss
I can't remember the last Video I saw with that kind of playlist..
Anyone got this up yet?

Legba
12-14-2012, 02:53 PM
https://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7923509/DGK_Parental_Advisory_(HD)#filelistContainer
..............................^Ya'll ain't read nothin'!^......................................... .........

I haven't verified yet it btw.

Clayfighter
12-14-2012, 10:02 PM
I need that young verification

MackBoogie
12-14-2012, 10:38 PM
I just want to point out that if you use YOLO, Haters, or Swag on a regular basis as part of your dialogue, then I feel you should be smacked in the fucking face with a shovel every time you utter the words.

I ♥ Haters #YOLOSWAG

Problem?

Hitmanx123
12-14-2012, 11:44 PM
I ♥ Haters #YOLOSWAG

Problem?

that was tu yung right there

Clayfighter
12-15-2012, 04:49 AM
No but seriously, who has the video

Demzilla
12-15-2012, 07:25 AM
i wonder if hitmans avatar has a penis like the last one....

dgk and stuff too....

Permy
12-15-2012, 10:42 AM
of course it has a penis

Permy
12-15-2012, 10:46 AM
I would love to be able to punch anyone in the mouth that yells/types YOLO or has it on the back of their piece of shit caprice rolling 5 mph under the speed limit blocking me from getting a patient where they need to go. as perm would say that's "Nigga Shit"
total waste of an acronym- and even bigger waste of my air space by someone that utters that phrase.

also double post
I don't think you understand my usage of the phrase "Nigga Shit"

it's just because that phrase sounds funny
i would never use it in a derogatory sense
unless it was funny and it was understood that I wasn't serious

also dgk and stuff

saunders420
12-15-2012, 11:51 AM
You guys gotta start buying these vids....

10 bucks really aint much.

Either or. this wasn't the greatest skate video....
Quality though.

EG Fr0sty
12-18-2012, 03:23 AM
Honestly I hate it when people say they hate new rap....
I'm a huge fan of Biggie, Big L, 2pac, Dre, and all those guys. I love some of today's hip hop. Drake is one of my favorite rappers. 2Chainz I like how he sounds. Lil Wayne Ill agree with you there he sounds like he's taking a shit and I dot like what he says. Fuck that Macklemore guy goes pretty hard on some tracks. I don't know.....Its all good man stop bitching and just listen.

I love the sayings YOLO, SWAG, and haters. Give me and my pals something to make fun of when we skate.

m.seven
12-18-2012, 04:59 AM
Honestly I hate it when people say they hate new rap....
well then you're gonna have to hate me then:p
BDP,Public Enemy,A Tribe Called Quest,De La Soul...that's the kind of hip hop i grew up listening to.