PDA

View Full Version : Ops 2

Antwan
12-14-2012, 08:26 AM
Anyone into this game yet?
Just started the campaign, played a bit of multiplayer.
I've got no beef so far.. I've been dying a lot but I'm not yet familiar with it all.
I will say there are some nice additions.. some are very crazy
there's also things they changed that make it feel more authentic..
More vibrant colors, The game pops a whole lot more.
Sounds are pretty damn amazing..
If you're using headphones you may question your real life surroundings a few times.
I'm not into the whole Battlefield/Call of duty beef war thing but I plan to pick up BF3 after the holidays
I did enjoy the beta and gameplay looks pretty interesting.. For snipers if nothing else, Love that stuff.
I didn't really have a review yet but Just wondered what others first impressions were on Black Ops 2.

EmmitBrown
12-20-2012, 01:28 AM
diamond camo!

bengrover
12-20-2012, 12:20 PM
Meh. Its okay. Campaign's not sucking me in like BLOPS 1 did. Multiplayer feels like every other COD in the past 5 years. Copy and paste with a map pack, new gun or two and new style menu.

I know everyone gives it 'its the same game' but I do appreciate the little changes, just doesn't seem like enough to warrant a new game every year.

Still prefer Halo at this moment in time.

Antwan
12-24-2012, 11:30 AM
You guys had no issue starting off in multiplayer?
I normally don't give into the "lag compensation" "bullet time sucks" "this game sucks" stuff
but I couldn't even seem to compete with others until I unlocked certain attachments for guns and that took a while.

Goat
12-24-2012, 02:43 PM
You guys had no issue starting off in multiplayer?
I normally don't give into the "lag compensation" "bullet time sucks" "this game sucks" stuff
but I couldn't even seem to compete with others until I unlocked certain attachments for guns and that took a while.
Sad to say I thought the beginning guns blowed. I just got fed up and used the 3 burst pistol(B3something?). Bullet time does suck though, but it always had lol
You have xbox right? I'm down to hit BF3 with ya

madsser
12-24-2012, 05:26 PM
Play it on pc. there's 0 lag comp, and it's great.

Love it

EDIT: The campaign was boring to me.
This is basically the way I see it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhHFx5UL0xc

Antwan
12-26-2012, 01:36 PM
I'm down to play battlefield 3 at some point.. I didn't get a multiplayer code with the pre-owned copy so it might be a minute.
Went and picked it up today.. 19.96$ Used. Come on, Couldn't refuse.
XBL: ANTWANthePAWN
I still suck at black ops 2 unless I camp and snipe dudes..
which isn't very good still but I do enjoy Call of Duty so I will continue to play even if I can't figure out how to play.

MarcoPoloUSN
12-26-2012, 01:52 PM
The campaign is amazing. With everything that happens, how could anyone think otherwise? Horses. Mini elephant-like war machines. Flying, attacking robots. There's so much shit in this game, I can't form the proper paragraph to explain. The graphics. The scenery. Jaw dropping. I almost can't talk about it. They brilliantly presented the elements of the earth; in a way that makes it feel like a live action movie. I've never seen water, jungle, and cityscape look better in any other game. BOII aesthetics are awesome to the highest extent.

madsser
12-26-2012, 02:10 PM
The campaign is amazing. With everything that happens, how could anyone think otherwise? Horses. Mini elephant-like war machines. Flying, attacking robots. There's so much shit in this game, I can't form the proper paragraph to explain. The graphics. The scenery. Jaw dropping. I almost can't talk about it. They brilliantly presented the elements of the earth; in a way that makes it feel like a live action movie. I've never seen water, jungle, and cityscape look better in any other game. BOII aesthetics are awesome to the highest extent.

Oh christ I sincerely hope this is sarcastic :D

Seanne1986
12-26-2012, 02:49 PM
Bought it for my gf. I play it occasionally.

Zombies are fun. Only played SP and MP like 15 min so far.

Antwan
12-26-2012, 03:09 PM
Well the game is set in the future, 2025 or something.. with flashbacks.
Hard to say if they would have people piloting Spy planes with mini turrets on them but who knows.
I'm not up to date on "War technologies" but it seems really crazy to me.
Call of duty campaigns are real good at immersing you in crazy battleground situations
and over the years they seem to have stepped it up every time..
Black ops 2 was the craziest so far for sure.
I was a bit skeptical about the whole future thing but it was still a fun play
and doesn't seem to hurt multiplayer.
Through it all there was a nice mix of missions that kept me interested
had I not approached it on Veteran the first play I'd probably be going back through it.
The only thing I wasn't a fan of was the tactical rts type mini game thing called "Strike Force"
Felt really difficult and just doesn't seem to fit in with FPS in my opinion.

madsser
12-26-2012, 03:18 PM
The only thing I wasn't a fan of was the tactical rts type mini game thing called "Strike Force"
Felt really difficult and just doesn't seem to fit in with FPS in my opinion.

Yeah, it doesn't work.
You tell your minions to go do something, and it takes about 15 minutes for them to even realize you asked them to engage.
And when they finally get there they only seem to be trying to catch bullets with their face. And they're really good at it.

I didn't find the campaign immersive at all. I was bored out the gate like with the last 6000 CoD games.

I can't stand the fucking unspoken racism in these games. Fuck man, this time they finally had some Hispanic dude in there and he spoiler ends up betraying you.
Fuck man.

Also I get bored of scripted events. The entire game is how it is, and if you try to get innovative and do something different, they say "fuck you". That's why I enjoy Far Cry 3, here you can scout out a specific camp, lay a plan of attack, and then a random tiger comes and mauls the fuck out of everybody.
That wouldn't happen in Call of Duty.....Unless it was a scripted, americanhating tiger with bonds to Al Qaeda.

Cod bores me....

Antwan
12-26-2012, 03:27 PM
I hear Farcry is pretty crazy.
I wouldn't compare the two personally, They seem like very different games.
Maybe one enables you to do more than the other maybe not even really do more but just do something differently
but I don't think that makes one game better than the other.
Every game is scripted and they all have restrictions.
There has to be stuff you Can't do on Farcry 3
That's why games come out with sequels right?
I hate the mentality that suggests one game has to live up to another.
Separate teams, different approaches.
Surely you don't expect the next Call of duty to be developed like Farcry?

PoppySquidJr
12-26-2012, 03:29 PM
Yeah, it doesn't work.
You tell your minions to go do something, and it takes about 15 minutes for them to even realize you asked them to engage.
And when they finally get there they only seem to be trying to catch bullets with their face. And they're really good at it.

I didn't find the campaign immersive at all. I was bored out the gate like with the last 6000 CoD games.

I can't stand the fucking unspoken racism in these games. Fuck man, this time they finally had some Hispanic dude in there and he spoiler ends up betraying you.
Fuck man.

Also I get bored of scripted events. The entire game is how it is, and if you try to get innovative and do something different, they say "fuck you". That's why I enjoy Far Cry 3, here you can scout out a specific camp, lay a plan of attack, and then a random tiger comes and mauls the fuck out of everybody.
That wouldn't happen in Call of Duty.....Unless it was a scripted, americanhating tiger with bonds to Al Qaeda.

Cod bores me....

Thank you. I felt like I was the only one who disliked CoD for legitimate reasons. I don't hate the series, but there's a lot of problems I have with it. However, 90% of people that hate it just say it's mainstream or it's the same thing every year. If that was the ONLY issue you had with it, it'd still be a fun game by that logic.

MarcoPoloUSN
12-26-2012, 04:52 PM
People love what others hate. Peoples' ridiculous cynicism towards COD is no more or less valid than my praise.
I found strike force exciting. Hard, but fun because I had to struggle. I wouldnt play it often, but its fine. People complain too much. You either play or you don't. No one's making you. People who dont like cod play cod. Bored? Okay well try not to play next year's game as well. Very likely that you will ;)

Goat
12-26-2012, 05:09 PM
I seriously buy CoD for the storymode*, the multiplayer is a bonus to me

Antwan
12-26-2012, 06:59 PM
People love what others hate. Peoples' ridiculous cynicism towards COD is no more or less valid than my praise.
I found strike force exciting. Hard, but fun because I had to struggle. I wouldnt play it often, but its fine. People complain too much. You either play or you don't. No one's making you. People who dont like cod play cod. Bored? Okay well try not to play next year's game as well. Very likely that you will ;)
I did ask for opinions
Of course people are going to say why they don't like it if they don't like it
I'm not trying to change anyones opinion or say that someone
who didn't like the previous COD shouldn't try the next one that comes out.
maybe just have a bit less expectation toward it or any other game that comes out for the matter
Enjoy what you get, and know that if it succeeds there will likely be a sequel.
I honestly believe game sequels are fueled by feedback but you have to have an interest to be heard.
I assume people care anyway.. If you pick up call of duty without knowing anything about it and hate it that's all good.
However if you like it but think some things need fixing, changed There's this awesome thing called a game patch
and if any franchise does it better it's call of duty
There has been so many tweaks to guns and lag compensation the past few years it's crazy.
Personally I just want to play the game, I hate this fact about the recent call of duty games.
The fact that they are changing what they planned for the game based on complaints bothers me a bit.
I only really noticed these things on the first Black Ops they nerfed a ton of weapons at one point
and I had to change my whole class layout and figure a new way to go about it entirely.

madsser
12-27-2012, 08:49 AM
This is not a "throw shit at people that have a different opinion than you" contest.
I enjoy playing CoD multiplayer alot. Play it all the time with my friends, and that's the reason I buy it. But I'm not going to own a game that has singleplayer in it, and not complete the campaign.
And I did enjoy the campaign at times. I just thought that they could have made it more interesting. Like they give you the "climb on wall" portion, and right after the "wingsuit" portion of the game. That was an amazingly cool moment, but I just think they missed an opportunity to make the game more interresting with these mechanics. Let us use them more!
And the one thing they actually made available for you to run around with, the cloaking device, doesn't even matter. You get shot whether you have it on or not. Either they all have heatvision or it's the gun, floating 3 feet over the ground I don't know. It just didn't seem to affect the enemies ability to fuck you over with bullets.

Stokenstein
12-27-2012, 03:11 PM
I'm looking for people to play B Ops 2 multiplayer with, so send me a friend request if I don't already have you in my friend's list.

Keisman Pedals is my gamertag.

I just started playing it again.

madsser
12-27-2012, 04:34 PM
Pick it up for PC and I'm game. ;)

Hitmanx123
12-27-2012, 07:19 PM
after playing battlefield....it just aint the same. doesnt draw me in. not even the story. id rather the story be a movie than a game tbh. in short, i regret buying it and am going to allow it to collect dust on my shelf.
i think the reason im disinterested in the call of dookie franchise is the fact THAT more games are pushing different mechanics into thier games, whereas call of duty just doesnt have tweaks that stick out with each installment. it feels like the iphone...barely innovated yet rakes in millions on day 1.
for me personally, until i see a vast improvement in immersivness (spelling?) in that game, i wont be purchasing another....ever

MarcoPoloUSN
12-27-2012, 08:44 PM
The story is good.

Lil D
12-27-2012, 08:56 PM
I love your profile picture.
Sad to say I thought the beginning guns blowed. I just got fed up and used the 3 burst pistol(B3something?). Bullet time does suck though, but it always had lol

Goat
12-28-2012, 10:01 PM
after playing battlefield....it just aint the same. doesnt draw me in. not even the story. id rather the story be a movie than a game tbh. in short, i regret buying it and am going to allow it to collect dust on my shelf.
i think the reason im disinterested in the call of dookie franchise is the fact THAT more games are pushing different mechanics into thier games, whereas call of duty just doesnt have tweaks that stick out with each installment. it feels like the iphone...barely innovated yet rakes in millions on day 1.
for me personally, until i see a vast improvement in immersivness (spelling?) in that game, i wont be purchasing another....ever
^this
I loved the first black ops but everything after and mw2 is just a no for me. They just feel so slow now. I sold mw3 like a week after and I may sell blops 2 soon and buy another black ops 1 because my old one broke, which is the only reason why I'm still playing the 2nd one...I'm just not feeling the multiplayer anymore. I enjoyed the bf3 beta though when it first came out

I love your profile picture.
Pretty Sweet?

madsser
12-31-2012, 05:43 PM
^this
I loved the first black ops but everything after and mw2 is just a no for me. They just feel so slow now. I sold mw3 like a week after and I may sell blops 2 soon and buy another black ops 1 because my old one broke, which is the only reason why I'm still playing the 2nd one...I'm just not feeling the multiplayer anymore. I enjoyed the bf3 beta though when it first came out

Personally I really enjoy the multiplayer. It's probably the best since mw2 which was like, a god game for me.

Still, nothing is going to compare to CoD4 and Promod for that game. Best multiplayer you'll ever find.

Goat
12-31-2012, 09:16 PM
Personally I really enjoy the multiplayer. It's probably the best since mw2 which was like, a god game for me.

Still, nothing is going to compare to CoD4 and Promod for that game. Best multiplayer you'll ever find.

You play on PC, you lucky bastard.
the limited #/10 system really bent me over and pounded me in the ass. Idk if it's just me, does the first Black Ops seem way faster than the recent MWs to anyone else?

p.s. knifing system blows

madsser
12-31-2012, 09:32 PM
You play on PC, you lucky bastard.
the limited #/10 system really bent me over and pounded me in the ass. Idk if it's just me, does the first Black Ops seem way faster than the recent MWs to anyone else?

p.s. knifing system blows

Knifing's sucked since forever.
Blackops is literally my least favorite CoD game. It just feels slow and annoying, and shit. Grr.
And the fucking rapidfire aku.... grrrrrrr.

Goat
01-01-2013, 01:20 AM
Knifing's sucked since forever.
Blackops is literally my least favorite CoD game. It just feels slow and annoying, and shit. Grr.
And the fucking rapidfire aku.... grrrrrrr.
But now it's just out the window. If you're so much as not literally within sniffing distance of the dude's ass, nothing will happen.
I'm talking really in there.

Hahaha wow, that is weird funny. I find all the new CoDs super slow compared to Black Ops.
thanks to the new lasersightthingattachment in blops 2.....ohman dat rapidfire

Antwan
01-01-2013, 02:13 AM
I'm not sure what's causing my issues in multiplayer.
I'm sure there are a lot of factors, given the new additions..
Likely just haven't found the right class yet.

I will say things do feel much slower..
I played a bit of black ops before I picked up Black ops 2
The Knife and tomahawk, Aiming down sights after sprinting.. all feels much slower..
if you are not anticipating that fire fight before it happens you are absolutely fucked.
I don't even use the tomahawk anymore.. People probably don't care as much about this
but I used it because it was a fast secondary to being mid range with the knife..
If you got accurate enough you could haul the thing long distances and take people out if needed.
Shock charges, Claymores.. new kill streaks, only really bother me when I can't get my own going.
I just don't understand why you would do something like make ghost a perk that you unlock at your final level
and in addition to the long time you have to wait to get it, you must move to use it.
Now how does this factor in? Aiming down the sights is significantly slower after sprinting..
It's a very strange mix of things happening.. One thing suggests you should run and gun.. another, not so much.
Compared to the previous call of duty games Black Ops 2 doesn't suggest that I do not react fast enough but rather
I Run too much. I get 20+ kills a game but Die 11+ Where as I used to throw down 20-3, 21-4, etc.

madsser
01-01-2013, 07:11 AM
The main reason I don't like blackops1 is because they completely fucked over the sniping mechanics. Like, I can't get kills with that thing to save my life. Something just feels, wrong using that thing.
And I do snipe alot in all the games. I was a competitive sniper back in the promod years. So the fact that they just threw all the mechanics I've spent years on learning and perfecting out the window just was a nono for me, and it made me throw out the game if I didn't have it on Steam.

I still have about 430 hours clocked into that game, but I had no way near the amount of fun that I did in MW2 or Cod 4. I've got about 800 hours in Mw2 and I have on the copy I own on Steam of CoD4, 410 hours, keep in mind I did own another copy that wasn't on steam that I've probably spent about 1000+ hours on.

Man it's sad to think about these numbers.

JoyySkates
01-01-2013, 09:08 AM
Yea I snipe ,too. Thats all I do on COD but I only like zombies in blackops1

Antwan
01-01-2013, 10:26 PM
I didn't have an issue sniping on Black Ops
The only thing they really changed is the quick scope thing right?
I guess I just stopped doing it..
You can still be fast and accurate without doing that non-sense.
I hate the lingo about sniping.. it has nothing to do with it at all it's just stuff people say in-game.
Actual snipers sit and wait for the target, they don't run around blindly quick scoping anything in sight.
Even if you're on the move as a sniper I think you should really learn to control the engagement..
Know the common routes, post up. Not peeking out a window, at least dig in.
I get it.. I did enjoy running around on MW2 but when you think about it the tactics that apply now
are really quite realistic.. I'll have to capture some sniper gameplay soon to get the point across..
I move from corner to corner on close quarters maps.

madsser
01-02-2013, 06:48 AM
They just made me feel like the L96 was heavy as fuck. It took years to get it to scope up, and when you've played this game for so long, you're pretty accurate with anything, so I hit the target with my scope, but still if flies mile's by the guy. Can't stand it.

It's so slow and annoying. :(

Dead_Head
01-02-2013, 08:08 PM
Best CoD in a while but..
- They should straight up take out the lag compensation. A dude with a 1 bar shouldn't be top of the leaderboard because hes teleporting around the map.

- They also need to nerf the snipers that arn't the Ballista and the DSR, shit is ridiculous with all these kids camping spamming the trigger. It seems like Treyarch really wanted to reward bad players in some aspects (i.e. target finder, bouncing betties etc.)

- Something else they should change is in Kill Confirmed, when you get a kill but someone gets your tags you only get 50pts for the kill plus 25 pts for a team mate confirm when the person who gets your tags and they get 100 pts for the confirm. It seems like they should flip this because I constantly get my dog tags collected by some random kid running around just stealing tags and not killing.

- Maps are all great (except turbine and aftermath) and the guns are fairly balanced acide from the snipers and the wonky shotguns ( I've been literally next to someone, touching them, fired and didn't even get a hitmarker, but sometimes you can get a 1 shot kill from a mile away) and knifing (same thing, be right next to someone, and your knife just does nothing, be 10 feet away and u lunge and kill them)

Excited to see what maps are coming out with DLC, apperently with the recent Leak (http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/01/02/black-ops-2-revolution-dlc-details) (not confirmed for legit tho) theres a new gun coming out aswell and one of the maps, "Grind" looks like a skatepark :cool: )

Like I said, awesome game, but a lot needs to be tweaked a lot still. But it is early in its life cycle so hopefully Treyarch can smooth out the edges.

XImortalDEATHX
01-02-2013, 08:44 PM
I wanna get BF3 for the multiplayer, looks great.

Dead_Head
01-02-2013, 08:48 PM
yo immortal I have BF3, its mad fun, bit of a learning curve but its super fun once you get into it.
I am absolute garbage at BF compared to CoD though but still have a blast on both.

XImortalDEATHX
01-02-2013, 08:49 PM
yo immortal I have BF3, its mad fun, bit of a learning curve but its super fun once you get into it.
I am absolute garbage at BF compared to CoD though but still have a blast on both.

If I get it I'll play with you if you're down.

Goat
01-02-2013, 11:11 PM
If I get it I'll play with you if you're down.
My thoughts exactly, played the beta when it was out and had a blast like Deadhead said
getting it this week

Antwan
01-03-2013, 12:01 AM
Kinda funny how this became a Battlefield topic..
I'm down to play either or
Let's get a Fluckit Squad going..
Add me
See you out there.

Seanne1986
01-03-2013, 02:22 PM
add me I'm down.