PDA

View Full Version : Marijuana Legalization

Fecal Face
12-17-2012, 08:49 PM
So I don't wanna be that guy who's like 420EVERYDAYBLAZEITFAGGOT but I was wondering how any of you felt about the legalization of pot in Washington and Colorado. I'm assuming a lot of folks on here smoke, and I recently just got busted for it, not that that's important. I also realize this is not GrassCity or anything, I don't want this to take a terrible turn and become a 'Yeah I've smoked Meth' thread....haha.

I'm moving out to CO in the fall for college though, so yeah.

Discuss homies~

EmmitBrown
12-17-2012, 08:50 PM
i was hoping this was a petition

Fecal Face
12-17-2012, 08:55 PM
i was hoping this was a petition

hahahaha no I'm not that lame

echoturbo
12-17-2012, 08:57 PM
i live in Washington and every one like really everyone has green cards already so it didnt matter if it pass or not. everyone here smokes weed even my parents and teachers

NotedDerk
12-17-2012, 09:00 PM
i live in Washington

you live like five hours away from me echo, haha.

m.seven
12-17-2012, 09:08 PM
i smoke,i don't necessarily advertise it but i have daily for many years.
i'm glad to see more states move toward legalization,hopefully one day the federal gov't will do the same.
shouldn't be treated any differently than alcohol or tobacco.

echoturbo
12-17-2012, 10:21 PM
you live like five hours away from me echo, haha.
come to eastern Washington and skate some time ;)

replicant
12-17-2012, 10:53 PM
I stopped smoking about 10-15 years ago so it doesn't really make a difference to me personally.
However, the criminalization of weed should have been overturned a very long time ago.

The only stance I have against it is for NC specifically where I don't want it public legal for awhile
as my mother is incredibly allergic to the stuff.

i am a snail
12-17-2012, 11:31 PM
i don't smoke it but i support legalization

emericaridr11
12-18-2012, 12:40 AM
So I don't wanna be that guy who's like 420EVERYDAYBLAZEITFAGGOT but I was wondering how any of you felt about the legalization of pot in Washington and Colorado. I'm assuming a lot of folks on here smoke, and I recently just got busted for it, not that that's important. I also realize this is not GrassCity or anything, I don't want this to take a terrible turn and become a 'Yeah I've smoked Meth' thread....haha.

I'm moving out to CO in the fall for college though, so yeah.

Discuss homies~

Colorado is rad, what school?

anywho it really hasnt done much anything yet here, but be decriminalized...... we can have up to a Zone on us at a time now (i think) and not get a ticket..

I really liked the Medical thing better, the gov is going to have a HayDay "regulating" the weed.....I mean fuck they are already talking about lowering the THC levels, or moderating them closely (was on news earlier today).......

im not the happiest about it, medical worked GREAT!
nothing has changed here yet really, still cant go into the "store" unless you have a med card

most likely we (Co) will wait for Wash to get everything settled and figured out, and then we Jack what they put into place

I like Hash!

EDIT: they say the money will go to Schools and Education, so if thats true thats a plus

SK8ERatWAR
12-18-2012, 01:56 AM

anywho it really hasnt done much anything yet here, but be decriminalized...... we can have up to a Zone on us at a time now (i think) and not get a ticket..

I really liked the Medical thing better, the gov is going to have a HayDay "regulating" the weed.....I mean fuck they are already talking about lowering the THC levels, or moderating them closely (was on news earlier today).......

nothing has changed here yet really, still cant go into the "store" unless you have a med card

most likely we (Co) will wait for Wash to get everything settled and figured out, and then we Jack what they put into place

I like Hash!

EDIT: they say the money will go to Schools and Education, so if thats true thats a plus

yeah the money that goes to regulating it, will be waaaay less than when it was illegal.. I think it's the smartest thing the american gov has done since the healthcare.. It will give soooo much revenue if they get it like this in all states.

EG Fr0sty
12-18-2012, 02:40 AM
I smoke.....

This is going to be weird to say but...try should completely legalize it and tax the hell out of it!!!! It would make everyone happy including the government.

And I love meth!!!! (Had to say it because you said not to...I'm one of those badass kind of guys.)

SK8ERatWAR
12-18-2012, 02:51 AM
I smoke.....

This is going to be weird to say but...try should completely legalize it and tax the hell out of it!!!! It would make everyone happy including the government.

it's not weird to say, it's smart, it's the smartest thing they can do.. no more illegal drugtrafficking, less crime, no dangerous street dealing, BIG income for the gov, it only has positive consequences. though the government should give some normal education on drugs and drugabuse to middleschools.. I don't know exactly how it is now in america, but I can imagine it's a simple "drugs're bad, mmkay" they give you in class

Antwan
12-18-2012, 02:56 AM
Lesser of two evils I suppose..
Skept Dealers Vs. Corporate Greed Motherfuckers
Or is it?
Smoke
Not sure
Smoke
Haha
You smokin yet?

EG Fr0sty
12-18-2012, 03:29 AM
it's not weird to say, it's smart, it's the smartest thing they can do.. no more illegal drugtrafficking, less crime, no dangerous street dealing, BIG income for the gov, it only has positive consequences. though the government should give some normal education on drugs and drugabuse to middleschools.. I don't know exactly how it is now in america, but I can imagine it's a simple "drugs're bad, mmkay" they give you in class

You watch to much South Park.
Surpriseing I most some parts of the state are.........different
In 9th grade I was taught that Henp was a huge asset to this country and was needed to be legalized.
In 7th grade my science teacher taught us how to make meth....that was some sketchy shit tere.
Drugs are never brought up where I'm from you were told by your parents not to smoke and drink but it was always a yet thing not a never thing.
I don't know it's needed and I love being in arguments but I feel there is no one on this website that will disagree with this topic.

Fecal Face
12-18-2012, 10:03 AM

I like Hash!

I'm going to CU Denver. Do you live out there?

And lowering THC? What the fuck that's not what I signed up for. Fuck it, I'm just going to get a card instead of having to deal with that bullshit.

I just think it will take time for everyone to get used to it. Everyone has been brainwashed into the Reefer Madness mentality, it'll be awhile before people realize it's safer than binge drinking.

EDIT: And I hope they have hash oil for sale............

emericaridr11
12-18-2012, 11:13 AM
I'm going to CU Denver. Do you live out there?

And lowering THC? What the fuck that's not what I signed up for. Fuck it, I'm just going to get a card instead of having to deal with that bullshit.

I just think it will take time for everyone to get used to it. Everyone has been brainwashed into the Reefer Madness mentality, it'll be awhile before people realize it's safer than binge drinking.

EDIT: And I hope they have hash oil for sale............

good digs on Denver NOT Boulder!.... i Do live here

they got Hash everything for sale son!

r0ke
12-18-2012, 11:33 AM
Smoking weed is bad for you and only leads to overall anarchy.

No wonder the world is ending in 4..

Seanne1986
12-18-2012, 11:52 AM
Don't do drugs, don't care.

PoppySquidJr
12-18-2012, 12:21 PM
I don't do drugs, but I approve legalization because of the overall good it will do for the country.
economic boosts out the ass, hemp product production, and less drug problems, because weed is harmless (as long as you're past adolescence) and you won't have to get it from shady people who may lace it with other stuff/try to get you to try heavier drugs

EG Fr0sty
12-18-2012, 01:15 PM
Smoking weed is bad for you and only leads to overall anarchy.

No wonder the world is ending in 4..

Aight old man......

r0ke
12-18-2012, 01:34 PM
Forgive my sarcasm master Frosty. Last week I had a week off work and blazed 24/7 to my heart's content; some ppl on here are already aware lol

Ayreon
12-18-2012, 01:40 PM
The only stance I have against it is for NC specifically where I don't want it public legal for awhile
as my mother is incredibly allergic to the stuff.

a lot of people, myself included are allergic to nicotine smoke. If im near it indoors ill have an asthma attack. that why there is smoking sections. Around here there arent smoking sections anymore. Your just not allowed to smoke in public places. Even bars and restaurants. if it bothers me somewhere outside ill take a few steps away.

I smoke.....

And I love meth!!!! (Had to say it because you said not to...I'm one of those badass kind of guys.)

They really should. Here in Canada they control liquor so much, a bottle costs way more here than it does in the states. They could do that with weed.

Im sorry but i believe a lot of laws in the US are ass-backwards. They will bust someone with weed, throw them in jail with violent criminals, thus turning that person into a violent criminal. Your legal system is pretty fucked up.

Alcohol causes more deaths than weed. If it were legal, they will no longer be able to call it a gateway drug.

...I could go on. And I dont even smoke weed at all. I've smoked it maybe 4 times in total when i was super hammered. I have asthma so I coughed a lot. That's why i only smoked it hammered. I knew it wouldnt hurt that much with the coughing cause my body was numbed. Didnt feel high but it increased me buzz a couple of the times.

But yah...legalize that shit

Antwan
12-18-2012, 01:47 PM
Lace it with addictive additives and nearly ensure sales?
Probably not.. it has a strange affect on some people
I've not heard one story about someone dying Smoking Mary
but I have heard one where two teenagers lived from a car crash because they were stoned
Maybe Pandemonium not necessarily Anarchy
but we already have those kinds of "marches" a bit less than in the past
but people still hold signs and shit against a cause.
There is no way to really tell what affect it will have on every person so how can you release it to be Legalized or sold?

The anti-marijuana law of 1937 was largely the federal government's response to political pressure from enforcement agencies and other alarmed groups who feared the use and spread of marijuana by "Mexicans." Recent evidence also suggests that the Federal Bureau of Narcotics resisted the enforcement burden of the anti-marijuana law until mounting pressure on the Treasury Department led to a departmental decision in 1935, to appease this fear, mostly in the Southwest and West, by federal legislation. Previously unpublished documents clarify the role of medical research in the campaign for a federal anti-marijuana law and in the Treasury Department's preparation for congressional hearings.
That's just what I found.. can't say if it's entirely true.

PoppySquidJr
12-18-2012, 02:08 PM
Mexican drug cartels would be CRUSHED if Marijuana was legalized and regulated, and would do a whole lot of good for everyone for that reason as well.
It's really only illegal because of smear campaigns from the companies who were getting outplayed by hemp-based replacement products. They made the people think it was horrible and dangerous, and thus they made it illegal at the people's request.

Antwan
12-18-2012, 02:20 PM
I've been to Mexico a few times
I have a friend in Toluca, not the richest neighbourhood but amazing mountains, Nearby Volcano.
The cartel is some shady shit man.. They do anything they can to get money
Dress up as construction workers to cut power lines and sell the copper. Shit's crazy.
This friend had a girl he knew kidnapped and held for ransom supposedly the Cartel as well.
That's what I've heard anyway. They didn't tell me till after I came back from Mexico though
Haven't been back yet haha

PoppySquidJr
12-18-2012, 02:54 PM
I've been to Mexico a few times
I have a friend in Toluca, not the richest neighbourhood but amazing mountains, Nearby Volcano.
The cartel is some shady shit man.. They do anything they can to get money
Dress up as construction workers to cut power lines and sell the copper. Shit's crazy.
This friend had a girl he knew kidnapped and held for ransom supposedly the Cartel as well.
That's what I've heard anyway. They didn't tell me till after I came back from Mexico though
Haven't been back yet haha
Oh for sure, the cartel is some brutal shit, but the only grip they have in America is really through their marijuana business. If you get that out of here, you get them out of here, and it'll weaken them a good bit in Mexico too. Small steps to getting rid of a horrid organization.

Legba
12-18-2012, 03:14 PM
Mostly only shitty brick weed comes from Mexico. Its not green, and it only makes you hungry and sleepy. The good shit comes from everywhere else....like literally. Cali, Canada, Florida's got some dankness on the low, some parts of mid america, the rain forests, etc. Weed is only a portion of what the cartels deal in/kill for....so legalizing it would only put a small dent in their activity.

But anyhoo, I think it should definitely be legalized! It has way more uses than any of the legal stuff. And guess what? IT DOESN'T KILL YOU! Alcohol can kill you in one night if you really over do it. All of those antidepressants and painkillers that are prescribed instead of weed can kill you. Shit, kids have died from smoking FAKE weed that was LEGALLY purchased from their corner stores! It's like damn!

I dont wanna rant here, but yes, I totally think it should be legal. Free up prisons for true criminals and allow the US to tap into a whole new revenue stream. (so what if cuts into other industries) Jeeze!

Boris Magee
12-18-2012, 03:25 PM
I used to be huge anti-weed for a while, but have since relaxed that viewpoint. i dont do drugs myself, however reading your guys' replies has taught me about the upsides of this law. i still feel kinda on the fence though, considering that making marijuana more acceptable may implant the idea in some kids minds that the other more dangerous drugs are not that big of a deal anymore
not really that informed or invested in the topic though, and because i'm only 18 i havent really observed its long term effects. some of my friends do it and are the nicest people on earth, and some of my friends dont do it and are the nicest people on earth

PoppySquidJr
12-18-2012, 04:07 PM
I used to be huge anti-weed for a while, but have since relaxed that viewpoint. i dont do drugs myself, however reading your guys' replies has taught me about the upsides of this law. i still feel kinda on the fence though, considering that making marijuana more acceptable may implant the idea in some kids minds that the other more dangerous drugs are not that big of a deal anymore
not really that informed or invested in the topic though, and because i'm only 18 i havent really observed its long term effects. some of my friends do it and are the nicest people on earth, and some of my friends dont do it and are the nicest people on earth

It has no long term affects unless you have an addictive personality. You can only get addicted to it in the same way you'd get addicted to playing a sport or clapping your hands or something, it can only happen in your personality and enjoying it so much you just want to to do it. The only time it's actually harmful is in adolescence and below. Before you are generally developed, even if not fully (around the 17-19 range), then you won't really be harmed by it. It only causes some mental issues in adolescence if abused too early.

also to Legba, I did not mean it would severely harm the cartels itself, but however shitty their weed is, it IS their only grip on American soil, and killing it would get them out of America.

Legba
12-18-2012, 04:21 PM
it IS their only grip on American soil, and killing it would get them out of America.
Very true, I just wish more could be done to slow em down overall....that's some fucked up stuff going on down there!

south650city420
12-18-2012, 04:39 PM
If it's 2 in the afternoon and you ain't high, go fuck yourself!!!

PoppySquidJr
12-18-2012, 05:52 PM

I have a girlfriend, I don't need to do that anymore.
The second part. I don't smoke weed anyway.

EG Fr0sty
12-18-2012, 05:58 PM
FUCK AMERICA!!....wait....

Ya the prison system is pretty wack down here.
Pretty much you can't be excited about the legalization of weed until its on a federal level.

m.seven
12-18-2012, 06:12 PM
http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg496/m7419/black-preacher-meme-generator-preach-it-brother-84c7bf_zps1af3303d.jpg

Fecal Face
12-18-2012, 06:52 PM
I'm enjoying how this thread has turned out thus far

Ayreon
12-18-2012, 08:07 PM
I've not heard one story about someone dying Smoking Mary
but I have heard one where two teenagers lived from a car crash because they were stoned
This is ture but you know it doesnt hold any merit for not legalizing weed. Its not like they will make driving under the influence legal. You cant with booze, and wont be able too with weed.

EG Fr0sty
12-18-2012, 08:32 PM
I'm enjoying how this thread has turned out thus far

I know! It's like we're all grown ups or something....

emericaridr11
12-18-2012, 09:18 PM
This is ture but you know it doesnt hold any merit for not legalizing weed. Its not like they will make driving under the influence legal. You cant with booze, and wont be able too with weed.
actually my buddy just got a ticket for driving under the influence of weed, just cause they could smell it

there is no good way to test DUIs for weed like there is for Liquor

best way is a blood test, probably the hardest thing they will come across is how to properly know who is driving "under the influence" and who isnt
lots of tickets on the way i assume

Legba
12-18-2012, 09:46 PM
I used to smoke everyday after my skate sessions (I'm not a very good blazed skater) for years...Then I stopped (smoking) for like 6 years. Now I do so very occasionally. But regardless of whether I smoke or not, marijuana amazes me. If you ever pluck a fresh bud and inspect it closely, I can't see how you wouldn't be amazed. Its so frosted and has such a distinct smell. If you squeeze a fresh bud it leaves your fingers sticky. I mean SHIT! Something we've (humans) known about for so long and that looks so non-intimidating really shouldn't be the source of so much controversy and discourse.
And While I don't encourage everyone to smoke, cuz its really not for everyone (just like everything except for food, water, and air). But if you enjoy it, I feel you should be allowed to do so without penalty or the effect of stigmas. And if you don't, well thats a okay...just dont be a dick about it lol. I feel non smokers should just not be subjected to it unwillingly. Not smokings fine too.

simple.

replicant
12-19-2012, 03:07 AM
a lot of people, myself included are allergic to nicotine smoke. If im near it indoors ill have an asthma attack. that why there is smoking sections. Around here there arent smoking sections anymore. Your just not allowed to smoke in public places. Even bars and restaurants. if it bothers me somewhere outside ill take a few steps away.
The difference with my mom is that her allergy to weed is bad enough that being around someone who recently blazed could send her into Anaphylactic Shock within seconds.
When I got stoned all the time I always carried extra clothes in my car and showered at friends houses before going home. Her brother for the longest time that I knew
wouldn't allow her in his apartment/home if he had been smoking because she came in to visit once and got hospitalized because he had so much smoke in the air. I can
definitely understand where you are coming from though.

SK8ERatWAR
12-19-2012, 04:11 AM
The difference with my mom is that her allergy to weed is bad enough that being around someone who recently blazed could send her into Anaphylactic Shock within seconds.
When I got stoned all the time I always carried extra clothes in my car and showered at friends houses before going home. Her brother for the longest time that I knew
wouldn't allow her in his apartment/home if he had been smoking because she came in to visit once and got hospitalized because he had so much smoke in the air. I can
definitely understand where you are coming from though.

wow, never heard about people being allergic to cannabis.. And this bad..

EmmitBrown
12-20-2012, 01:27 AM
hi...

Fecal Face
12-23-2012, 06:02 PM
hi...

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/27357483.jpg

EternalRewind
12-23-2012, 06:14 PM
Washington is like 30 mins away from my place so I cant wait to get a sack at the store soon lol...The cigarettes cost something like 9 bucks a pack, hope the weed isnt over priced too :(

Legba
12-23-2012, 06:24 PM
lol most packs are 11 or 12 around here. Unless you smoke mavericks or american spirits. I dont fuck wit cigarettes but Im sure the greens are fairly priced out there...one would hope at least.

emericaridr11
12-23-2012, 06:29 PM
i can get a 8th of TOPS for like 35 bucks..... can get really good 8ths for 25,,, its cheap as fuck

zones of tops for 150

Fecal Face
12-23-2012, 06:52 PM
11 BUCKS FOR A PACK OF CIGS? WTF

and wait so is it already legal and everything in CO? or do you just have your card?

and I knew it was cheap but FUCK ME thats dirt cheap. That's cheaper than eating!

emericaridr11
12-23-2012, 11:00 PM
11 BUCKS FOR A PACK OF CIGS? WTF

and wait so is it already legal and everything in CO? or do you just have your card?

and I knew it was cheap but FUCK ME thats dirt cheap. That's cheaper than eating!

seems to be about Half Priced nowdays here...... Im lovin it! if your not a WeedSnob like me, places have 25 dollar Oz/HalfOz of "House"Shake (its dope)

Its not Legal yet, only MedCard still, only thing that has changed in Co so far is....

you wont get a ticket if you have under a Zone/Oz (for anyone, not just cards)

Still DUIs, still illegal to sell, Legal to Grow 6 Plants at a time, not sure about smoking in public yet (i dont still)

Fecal Face
12-24-2012, 07:12 AM
How easy was it for you to get a MedCard?

Legba
12-24-2012, 04:09 PM
Yeah dude, 11 & 12 all day for newports and marlboros and such. 8 if you venture deep into the Bronx, Jersey, or Long Island.
Which is what all the carton hustler dudes do lol. But the less popular brands are still fairly priced.

Damn Washington! I know NY wont even consider the shit until Connecticut REALLY gets it in effect. From what I can tell, CO seems to be fast tracking it.

Oh, and also; I just wanna say how glad I am that this thread hasn't been trolled so far.

Fecal Face
12-24-2012, 04:12 PM
I predict in 10 years it will be almost completely legal, if CO and WA get their shit together by 2014

Antwan
12-24-2012, 05:29 PM
lol most packs are 11 or 12 around here. Unless you smoke mavericks or american spirits. I dont fuck wit cigarettes but Im sure the greens are fairly priced out there...one would hope at least.
I know this.. I went there with the intention to smoke when I needed to but I had to cut back
There is a little shop around one of the local skate parks out there across from the track field place
They sold single cigs and I bummed a few once in a while but otherwise I could not afford them.
I don't know how anyone can.

Fecal Face
12-24-2012, 07:55 PM
A pack of cigs around here is like 4 bucks....haha

Maybe they're trying to get people to stop smoking, it's a nasty habit. I only smoke when I smoke blunts.

r0ke
12-25-2012, 05:52 AM
Santa was very good to me today!! ;)

Fecal Face
12-25-2012, 05:53 AM
Santa was very good to me today!! ;)

Do tell!

emericaridr11
12-26-2012, 03:34 PM
How easy was it for you to get a MedCard?

Pay the Doctor (which they have in the weed stores now) 10-50 bucks for a "exam" (tell them you got migraines, or whatevs you got)

pay a good 100-200 for the actual "Card"

Literally as easy as having Money

EmmitBrown
12-26-2012, 07:01 PM
high...did this happen yet?

Fecal Face
12-26-2012, 09:33 PM
Pay the Doctor (which they have in the weed stores now) 10-50 bucks for a "exam" (tell them you got migraines, or whatevs you got)

pay a good 100-200 for the actual "Card"

Literally as easy as having Money

whaaat...

Guess what I'm doing next fall...