PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide on a New video Game....Please

emericaridr11
12-19-2012, 01:47 PM
ok gay thread i know, but i need opinions bad, im stuck!

I just bought NHL13 and its TERRIBLE! im taking it back and buying a different game, but now i dont know which one.....

my thoughts are..... Xbox btw

- Skyrim (played it before, only got about 5% done)

- Masseffect 1, 2, and 3- Ok never played MassEffect but i hear its Amazing.......Can anyone shed light on Mass Effect for me
-ive watched yt vids of gameplay, i cant put my finger on it

- Saints Row 3- well looks fun to me, goofy to boot

- FPS- im so lost when it comes to fps, i only play offline so Campaign is HUGE for me (even multiplayer campaign if possible)

- Sims 3- gay but ive always been a sims junky

Please leave your thoughts, points, opinions
Recommend me to any Rad game please, doesnt have to be the ones on this list

I want Playability, not just a once through and done game!

HELP YALLS!

PoppySquidJr
12-19-2012, 01:54 PM

I just bought NHL13 and its TERRIBLE! im taking it back and buying a different game, but now i dont know which one.....

- Masseffect 1, 2, and 3- Ok never played MassEffect but i hear its Amazing.......Can anyone shed light on Mass Effect for me

- FPS- im so lost when it comes to fps, i only play offline so Campaign is HUGE for me (even multiplayer campaign if possible)

HELP YALLS!

Lol NHL 13 is wonderful if you actually know what you're doing.
Sims 3 is only good on PC, so don't get it on Xbox.
Saints Row 3 has no replayability, although it is pretty fun the first time through. Get Saints Row 2 for a more lasting experience, though.

madsser
12-19-2012, 01:55 PM
Mass Effect is the best game series ever created.

But Far Cry 3 is also amazing.

emericaridr11
12-19-2012, 01:56 PM
Lol NHL 13 is wonderful if you actually know what you're doing.
Sims 3 is only good on PC, so don't get it on Xbox.
Saints Row 3 has no replayability, although it is pretty fun the first time through. Get Saints Row 2 for a more lasting experience, though.

ya im not going to get into a NHl thing, but ive played Hockey MY whole life, i know what im doing, its a junky ass game for sures

blitzkow
12-19-2012, 01:57 PM

HELP YALLS!
i personally hated the Mass Effect games, and Skyrim is alright, The Sims just gets boring too fast, Saints Row has almost no replay value, and FPS games are just gay.
i game with allot of free roam that i would suggest would be Borderlands, Deus Ex Human Revolution, GTA/Red Dead/LA NOIRE, or Just Cause 2.
hope this helps man

momadaddy
12-19-2012, 01:58 PM
lol at blitzkow saying fps are gay then the first two games you recomend are first person shooters.

i would suggest the mass effect trilogy. so much fun content to be had there and the choices carrying on for three games is like nothing you have ever expierenced before. but you really cant go wrong with skyrim or far cry 3 either

emericaridr11
12-19-2012, 02:01 PM
Im HUGE into RPGs......is Mass Effect more like Fallout in that regards or more like a regular fps where you HAVE to follow the story line

momadaddy
12-19-2012, 02:11 PM
it isnt as open ended as fallout as far as going anywhere any time but the connection to the characters and the choices you make no matter how small shaping the world around you is really unparalleled.

crni1976
12-19-2012, 02:14 PM
The Dead Space series is amazing, I'm sure you will not be disappointed. Tremendous graphics, gameplay and a killer atmosphere.

emericaridr11
12-19-2012, 02:15 PM
it isnt as open ended as fallout as far as going anywhere any time but the connection to the characters and the choices you make no matter how small shaping the world around you is really unparalleled.

ya thats what i keep hearing is seems....

Great Story Line with Characters that are too Likeable

Come On Oblivion Heads! what do i get?

m.seven
12-19-2012, 02:15 PM
i haven't played Borderlands 2 yet,but i love the first one.i got all the DLC for it as well and have gotten MANY hours of play out of it.
i'd recommend either one.

emericaridr11
12-19-2012, 02:19 PM
i haven't played Borderlands 2 yet,but i love the first one.i got all the DLC for it as well and have gotten MANY hours of play out of it.
i'd recommend either one.

Boarderlands' graphics didnt bother you guys at all?

I played the first one, and the characters looked like they were made out of Paper

m.seven
12-19-2012, 02:25 PM

I played the first one, and the characters looked like they were made out of Paper
there we some issues with the first one,textures slow to render and such.i think alot of it is just the graphic style.i heard B2 fixed the issues though.
idk,i can't forgive some graphic flaws for good gameplay...The Walking Dead is probably my favorite game this year and it had alot of technical problems.

echoturbo
12-19-2012, 02:35 PM
saints row is really fun once you get it but it gets boring really fast

SK8ERatWAR
12-19-2012, 03:30 PM
saints row is really fun once you get it but it gets boring really fast
exactly my experience

consider getting farcry 3, looks soooo much fun

PoppySquidJr
12-19-2012, 03:30 PM
exactly my experience
I thought it was incredibly fun until I beat it.
However, Saints Row *2* is still extremely fun to this day.

Wiltzuh
12-19-2012, 03:31 PM
Red Dead Redemption
Battlefield 3
GTA 4
Far Cry 3
Alan Wake

^^

emericaridr11
12-19-2012, 03:35 PM
Red Dead Redemption
Battlefield 3
GTA 4
Far Cry 3
Alan Wake

^^

alot of love for farcry huh....

I have Gta and have played all of Red Dead, and have Gta5 on the way

Ladd279
12-19-2012, 03:36 PM

2nd ones graphics are a lot better, I highly recommend it. Even has a multiplayer campaign

PoppySquidJr
12-19-2012, 04:08 PM
2nd ones graphics are a lot better, I highly recommend it. Even has a multiplayer campaign

Uhm, the first one had a multiplayer campaign too, that was like, the entire point of the game from the start.
Also the graphics always looked good, it's just stylized. If you want something to look realistic, then you can look ANYWHERE else.
Regardless, the second one still has REALLY improved graphics anyway, just crisper, cleaner, etc.

Antwan
12-19-2012, 06:21 PM
Well, It's hard to say what people will enjoy enough to play again
I've been replaying a few games that have really interesting story lines
As far as I know they are not very well known and run for close to nothing price wise

The Saboteur

Legendary

Singularity

I will say Borderlands 2 Is amazing, felt less replayable this time around
but I haven't seen the DLC yet and have many games to occupy my time.
Compared to the first borderlands, much better.

I play Fall out 3 from time to time as well
I like it more than Vegas

Also,
Borderlands grew on me..
I did think it looked odd at first.

EG Fr0sty
12-19-2012, 07:42 PM
Far Cry 3 is awesome.

Saints Row 3 is always awesome!

SKYRIM!!!!!

Fecal Face
12-19-2012, 08:22 PM
Buy:

Assassin's Creed III

the new Hitman

Far Cry 3

DISHONORED

not Skyrim. You'll regret it.

I thought it was cool until I started beating all the fun stuff and got left with the boring side missions and running around wanking off. Blah.

EmmitBrown
12-19-2012, 08:24 PM
Thrasher: Skate and Destroy

PoppySquidJr
12-19-2012, 08:35 PM
Thrasher: Skate and Destroy
Haha we have a winner

DaaGooN
12-19-2012, 09:12 PM
Happy Wars - it's free on xbl (thanks to perm for telling me, now im hooked)

Far Cry 3 is really good. but online is POOP!

Hitman: Absolution

+1 on Dead Space series. game is so underrated it's not even funny.

if you have never played it, then Dead Island is really fun.

also Red Faction Armageddon (has a unicorn farting gun)

Metro 2033 - fucking great! also Metro last light is coming out soon ;)

if all fails.... just get Shaun White Skate and have a laugh.

PoppySquidJr
12-19-2012, 09:34 PM
Happy Wars - it's free on xbl (thanks to perm for telling me, now im hooked)

Far Cry 3 is really good. but online is POOP!

Hitman: Absolution

+1 on Dead Space series. game is so underrated it's not even funny.

if you have never played it, then Dead Island is really fun.

also Red Faction Armageddon (has a unicorn farting gun)

Metro 2033 - fucking great! also Metro last light is coming out soon ;)

if all fails.... just get Shaun White Skate and have a laugh.
If you're going to get a Red Faction game, get ANY OF THEM EXCEPT FOR ARMAGEDDON. Seriously, the others are SO MUCH better.

NotedDerk
12-19-2012, 10:49 PM
not Skyrim. You'll regret it.

I thought it was cool until I started beating all the fun stuff and got left with the boring side missions and running around wanking off. Blah.

I'm going to rape you in the mouth for speaking against a masterpiece like that.

If we're going for recent games, then I'd recommend farcry 3 as well, you get your money's worth in the campaign alone, at least to me.

I agree with antwan about checking out the saboteur as well, it's a pretty rad game and got almost zero recognition.
You could find that for twenty bucks brand new now, probably ten bucks or cheaper at pawn shops.

If you haven't played max payne 3 yet, you could get that as well, the campaign is as amazing as I expected it to be.
The guy who does max's voice, James McCaffrey, is an incredible voice actor, amazed he doesn't get more work.

EG Fr0sty
12-19-2012, 10:58 PM
Doritos Crash Course is always fun to play......

i am a snail
12-19-2012, 11:34 PM
lego island
jumpstart 3rd grade
capt. crunch's crunchling adventure

r0ke
12-20-2012, 05:40 AM
Currently obsessed with Hitman Absolution and Far Cry 3 (you know I hate all fps games but this one just feels different).

Don't forget about Trials Evolution as an alternative (loads of tracks with a new dlc and infinite track creations from CAP builders over there lol)

madsser
12-20-2012, 07:23 AM
I would seriously recommend Mass Effect. It is seriously the best gameseries I've ever played.
The first one is skipable, but I'd still play all three in succession. It's really the most immersive gameseries I've ever played.

10/10

EDIT: Forgot the best thing. I've played it through 3½ time and every goddamn time it's like a different experience!

momadaddy
12-20-2012, 07:56 AM
I would seriously recommend Mass Effect. It is seriously the best gameseries I've ever played.
The first one is skipable, but I'd still play all three in succession. It's really the most immersive gameseries I've ever played.

10/10

EDIT: Forgot the best thing. I've played it through 3½ time and every goddamn time it's like a different experience!

you typed the best thing wrong. it should read " sex with aliens"

Jebotek
12-20-2012, 08:04 AM
Far Cry 3 for the sure
The Multiplayer is truely not that good
But I know you would love the story

saunders420
12-20-2012, 08:28 AM
FAR CRY 3

SK8ERatWAR
12-20-2012, 08:48 AM
http://s.s-bol.com/imgbase0/imagebase/large/FC/0/5/4/9/1004004006229450.jpg

emericaridr11
12-20-2012, 09:33 AM

10/10

sounds cool i just want my moneys worth as far as time goes....100+ hours at the LEAST! im looking for

im down to a few choices:

Skyrim- for the sure shot

Mass Effect Trio- hoping its 100+ hours with all 3 games

FarCray 3- only problem here is i will beat the game within 15 hours, what then I dont play Online!

Might just try Mass Effect, and if i dont like it i will go back a grab Skyrim

farcry is a shot in the dark for me i think

Jebotek
12-20-2012, 09:53 AM
you`d definately better be off if you just borrow Far Cry 3. Like you said, its one of these Games where the Story is awesome, but only playable once.

momadaddy
12-20-2012, 09:58 AM
you can get 20-35 hours per mass effect game is a single play if you do the side missions and you will want to. and it is really cool seeing the outcome of choices you made in mass effect 1 in mass effect 3. if you get far cry 3 co op is always an option. i need people to play that with as i will be getting it soon

Jebotek
12-20-2012, 10:04 AM
What actually made me buy Far Cry is the really dope Map Editor.

Coop isn`t too bad, fun playing with Friends, but i wouldn`t expect too much. Havn`t played it through the whole Coop Storyline yet though. Another pretty nice addon is that you can play Online with a Friend on one Console. He just can log into his account and you can play Splitscreen.

Ayreon
12-20-2012, 11:02 AM
Im HUGE into RPGs......is Mass Effect more like Fallout in that regards or more like a regular fps where you HAVE to follow the story line

lol i was gonna say get fallout new vegas but i take it you already have it

emericaridr11
12-20-2012, 11:34 AM
lol i was gonna say get fallout new vegas but i take it you already have it

ya i got Fallout 3 and New vegas

bengrover
12-20-2012, 12:27 PM
Saints Row 3 is so rediculous, yet incredibly fun. It has some replayability to the point where there are a few minor options in the story you chose that effect the game slightly. And going back to find the collectables and side missions can be fun. Just recompleted it for the achievements on the 360, still as fun.

Going to pick up Hitman over the holiday period (if santa doesn't put it in my stocking). Its down from £40 to £20 in the UK in the lead up to christmas which is stupidly cheap for a game with such great reviews.

emericaridr11
12-20-2012, 12:45 PM
Saints Row 3 is so rediculous, yet incredibly fun. It has some replayability to the point where there are a few minor options in the story you chose that effect the game slightly. And going back to find the collectables and side missions can be fun. Just recompleted it for the achievements on the 360, still as fun.

Going to pick up Hitman over the holiday period (if santa doesn't put it in my stocking). Its down from £40 to £20 in the UK in the lead up to christmas which is stupidly cheap for a game with such great reviews.

ya my bro just got hitman, he said he isnt that impressed (he is harsh like me though, very harsh)....my buddy on the other hand Loves the game so much, i guess thats why im calling ALL RPGers.....I hate buying a game, playing it (sure it was amazing and fun) but after 1 play through i feel robbed

thats why i thought Saints Row, like Gta hours of fun just by running around getting goofy.....please tell me you can still throw flash bangs into cars, little things like this make me drawn to a shitty game like that, i dont play many missions

Thanks everyone, lots of good shit

hows Dragon Age's?

PoppySquidJr
12-20-2012, 12:50 PM
ya my bro just got hitman, he said he isnt that impressed (he is harsh like me though, very harsh)....my buddy on the other hand Loves the game so much, i guess thats why im calling ALL RPGers.....I hate buying a game, playing it (sure it was amazing and fun) but after 1 play through i feel robbed

thats why i thought Saints Row, like Gta hours of fun just by running around getting goofy.....please tell me you can still throw flash bangs into cars, little things like this make me drawn to a shitty game like that, i dont play many missions

Thanks everyone, lots of good shit

hows Dragon Age's?

Dragon Age 1 is great
the second one is awful.

Regardless, you cannot throw flashbangs into cars, because that's too simple for a game like Saints Row the Third. Rather, you run up to the car, and with a single motion you knock out the driver by doing a flying dropkick through the windshield, landing yourself in the seat and driving off.

Antwan
12-20-2012, 01:18 PM
Man I dunno..
Even if I play a game once I save it to go back to at a later date if I enjoyed that one play through.
I only really feel robbed when a game is too stupid to be considered difficult.. like Black Ops II on veteran HAHA
Damn.. seriously, that shit was rough for no reason. Checkpoints infront of helicopters shooting at you in the desert while you hip fire from a horse using a rocket launcher that you have to switch to vehicle lock on mode to even get a shot off..
I had to use a rock for cover and sometimes the rock didn't even work, barely got through it
Compared to the other Call of Duty Games it felt difficult because you were pitted against impossible odds
with hardly any backup and minimal cover.
I can't recall a game that made me frustrated like Black Ops II.
It's got some really cool features but I'm struggling compared to the other CODs
I literally couldn't compete with anyone online until I leveled up my gun to like level 10
That's a lot of dying.
Damn hype machines..

PoppySquidJr
12-20-2012, 02:35 PM
Man I dunno..
Even if I play a game once I save it to go back to at a later date if I enjoyed that one play through.
I only really feel robbed when a game is too stupid to be considered difficult.. like Black Ops II on veteran HAHA
Damn.. seriously, that shit was rough for no reason. Checkpoints infront of helicopters shooting at you in the desert while you hip fire from a horse using a rocket launcher that you have to switch to vehicle lock on mode to even get a shot off..
I had to use a rock for cover and sometimes the rock didn't even work, barely got through it
Compared to the other Call of Duty Games it felt difficult because you were pitted against impossible odds
with hardly any backup and minimal cover.
I can't recall a game that made me frustrated like Black Ops II.
It's got some really cool features but I'm struggling compared to the other CODs
I literally couldn't compete with anyone online until I leveled up my gun to like level 10
That's a lot of dying.
Damn hype machines..

Haha just become a cynic like me. I haven't bought a CoD game since the 4th one.

r0ke
12-20-2012, 03:51 PM
No game is impressive until you play it on the hardest difficulty; only then do you truly feel rewarded for the hrs you put in battling insane AI..

Playing both Batman Arkham Asylum & Arkham City without turning on detective mode/consulting a free guide online was brutally awesome (in hindsight lol).

Oddity
12-20-2012, 04:02 PM
Just say fuck it and get this:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/da/Sneakkingbox.jpg/220px-Sneakkingbox.jpg

It has re playability out of the ying yang. Or Fallout 3 GOTY edition or Fallout New Vegas is okay by comparison.

Permy
12-20-2012, 05:36 PM
I read through some of the comments and someone said that you would regret it if you got skyrim

fuck that person
skyrim is good as fuck

I also saw someone saw saboteur
also good game

but fucking skyrim
so good
seriously fuck whoever said that game was bad

also if you haven't played oblivion get that, it's mad cheap I think

Fecal Face
12-20-2012, 08:00 PM
I read through some of the comments and someone said that you would regret it if you got skyrim

fuck that person
skyrim is good as fuck

also good game

but fucking skyrim
so good

hi that was me

No I don't regret buying it. I was exaggerating.

but I can't even put it into my xbox without being like "uhhhh, nevermind I'm just gonna go skate instead" haha.

It's too much work for me personally, I've already done all the things that interest me and my skills that I like (Sneak, Archery, 1-Handed, etc) are already at 100.

I still want to get those fucking Dragon Masks though.

And I can't play Skyrim high to save my life. I constantly die and just put in GTA instead hahaha

emericaridr11
12-20-2012, 08:52 PM

fuck that person
skyrim is good as fuck

also good game

but fucking skyrim
so good

man im trying to play Oblivion again right now(ish), not happening

ive played Skyrim, so its not going to be fresh and exciting anymore, BUT it has the game hours im looking for

Are there any other games that come close to 100 hours+?

Permy
12-20-2012, 09:31 PM
skyrim...

lego lord of the rings is pretty good too
if you're looking for time consuming and you're a completionist, about 40 hours in there

Might I also recommend pokemon red, yellow, or blue.

Razorlike Blue
12-20-2012, 10:21 PM
Rage is pretty good and cheap. So there's that.

Antwan
12-21-2012, 03:56 AM
From the creators of Quake and Doom..
I liked Rage but the loading times were kind of annoying.

I played Skyrim
That game is like nothing I've played that's what kept me going.
Interest died out after a while but that's me.
My only issue with that game was being limited on exploration early on.
They did NOT compensate for your level when you enter dungeons.
I would die almost anytime I tried to go looking for anything and that's no fun. :p

Seanne1986
12-21-2012, 04:19 AM
If you want 100+ hours, then get the Mass Effect series.
I have all 3 but haven't finished the first one or the third one. But I can say that ME2 is one of the best games I've ever played when it comes to a good story campaign.

Other than that.. yeah, Hitman Absolution and Far Cry 3 :>

PoppySquidJr
12-21-2012, 11:13 AM
man im trying to play Oblivion again right now(ish), not happening

ive played Skyrim, so its not going to be fresh and exciting anymore, BUT it has the game hours im looking for

Are there any other games that come close to 100 hours+?

Get Persona 3 FES for the PS2.

i am a snail
12-21-2012, 12:15 PM
Get Persona 3 FES for the PS2.
or 4.

you won't like it if you don't like faggy japanese role playing friendship speeches though.

(but i like these games)

Legba
12-21-2012, 12:30 PM
or 4.

you won't like it if you don't like faggy japanese role playing friendship speeches though.

(but i like these games)
Where they say each other's name at the beginning and end of each sentence. So touching lol.

On that note: I vote for Catherine!
If you like thick-plotted anime-style drama and puzzling levels with time constraints; you'll find this to be a gem.
If not; you'll deem it faggy and spit on me.

XImortalDEATHX
12-21-2012, 03:03 PM
Farcry 3 is great so far. Amazing map with a great atmosphere, great gun play, most missions let you choose how to do it; go in guns blazing or be a god damn ninja. The story slowly grows on you and you feel the main character (Jason Brody) start to change from a regular loudmouth, rich 20 year old, to a cold hearted bloody warrior. The AI can be a bit wonky but nothing to bad. Since the land is swarming with things wanting to kill you, you feel the need to complete optional tasks just to make travelling easier, but they become fucking fun(Pirate Outposts are sick). A great game, and I don't even like FPS's.

emericaridr11
12-28-2012, 10:31 PM
welp i ended up getting Skyrim and the Saboteur....

Played The Saboteur, took it back after 1 day, not a bad game just not enough in free-roam....

Tried to get Just Cause 2, but i didnt have the loot for it, Ended up getting MassEffect 2 (cause 1 was more expensive)....

MassEffect 1, and FarCray3 are next!

thanks dudes, mad help actually

can be deleted Mods if you please to do so now!
Cheers Yalls!

Goat
12-28-2012, 11:07 PM
If you aren't a complete fag you'd play Bioshock

PoppySquidJr
12-29-2012, 10:04 AM
If you aren't a complete fag you'd play Bioshock
I second this notion. Easily one of my favorite games of all time, the music, atmosphere, and storytelling are beyond comparison IMO, and completely blew me away.

Antwan
12-29-2012, 12:10 PM
I guess it depends on the Genre for me..
I can be very easily amused but sometimes I just hate what I'm playing haha

Picked up Resident Evil 6 as the demo was good, going to check it out here shortly.

Also; Wanted: Weapons of Fate, Bit dodgy.. no game update off the back so I did expect it. Still fun if you're a fan of the film.

Hitman: Absolution, Amazing. There are a few games with similar things from this but overall nothing like this with the combination of things it presents it's a very authentic good looking game and very fun to play.

Assassin's Creed III, Being honest.. has it's moments..
If you're interested in this series you don't want to miss it..
I could easily point out flaws but not to take away from what it does provide, a fun time.

bengrover
12-30-2012, 12:20 PM
Hitman fucking rules. So glad Santa dropped this one off for me.

If anyones got any contracts, add me on xbox. bengrove.

Antwan
12-30-2012, 12:54 PM
Have you messed with contracts much?
Seems fairly limited.. you have a lot of levels to choose but all I've seen from it is
Mark the target(s), Kill them, escape. I guess I expected a bit more..
The contracts tutorial has an truck as an exit.. I figured I'd be able to personalize every little detail.
Unless I missed something..
Anyway, it's still pretty fun. I would like to see additions to it however.
The fact that you can escape from a contract without being incognito is kinda bogus.. Like I said, needs additions.
I would love to be able to personalize that much.. "Must escape undetected" "in the alotted time" "must snipe all targets"
Just stuff like that, you know? Choose a starting area in the whole level for your hitman to drop in..
Something close to a developers tool but not quite a developers tool, I suppose.

Seanne1986
12-30-2012, 01:43 PM
Hitman fucking rules. So glad Santa dropped this one off for me.

If anyones got any contracts, add me on xbox. bengrove.

Got a few, but got a problem with connecting to xbox live atm cause of my shitty router/gateway..