PDA

View Full Version : Overcrooks on Handrails

[Moose]
12-19-2012, 11:30 PM
Recently, I heard some people say they aren't possible. Or they're just nosegrinds.

If you think this way can you please tell me why?

[Moose]
12-19-2012, 11:32 PM
If this aint an overcrook, I dont know what is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wW5mW_YbKMg#t=69s

NotedDerk
12-19-2012, 11:37 PM
I've heard the same shit, was watching this one dude try a shuv to overcrook on this little handrail at a college and when we were talking about it, three or so people tried to correct me that it was a shuv to nosegrind. I thought they were idiotic, his fucking back truck was hanging off like a foot to the side of the rail, in the grind, no where near lined up with it.

In the end, it still looks cool, but some people get so butt hurt over the correct terminology.

Slamooh
12-20-2012, 12:41 AM
i hear retarded people every day
I guess it's a widespread disease.

fallingskyline
12-20-2012, 01:17 AM
just ask malto if overcrooks are possible...

EmmitBrown
12-20-2012, 01:25 AM
whether they exist or not, i do 'em

Antwan
12-20-2012, 07:26 AM
Nosegrind.. eh.. kingpins are lined up for sure
Nose manny type situation
I think It looks dope when the skater balances on the nose grind, Love that shit.
Haven't seen it often on handrails though shit's so quick in and out people skate the gnarliest shit too.
I never really understood skate terminology because at the least
around where I live people make up their own names for tricks that aren't commonly done by locals.
Grinds, I get.. took me a while to learn a majority of them though
but when you start throwing shit at me like
Disco Flip, Nightmare Flip
It's hard to keep track.. I hardly know what fliptricks have proper names anymore haha
When I first started skating me and my friends would just go to the park and hype the skaters
Just enjoyed watching em never really knew all of the tricks and I still don't
Can't say anyone has got upset at me for calling a trick wrong but Maybe it's just where you live.
Wouldn't be an antwan post without mention of prog
Skateboarding is a progressive sport but we all progress a little differently
and I think the areas that we live in contribute to that a little bit as well
There's a lot of frustration, anger, joy, love and passion in skateboarding
Just Don't take those guys too seriously They are likely still learning, don't care to learn
and or otherwise Just having fun :p

EmmitBrown
12-20-2012, 11:25 AM
Grape flips!

Antwan
12-20-2012, 11:29 AM
Exactly.
Grape Flips.
Sums it up.

Legba
12-20-2012, 11:37 AM
If you cant overcrook a rail, then you shouldnt be able to crook a rail either by that logic.
And if that were true, then Koston wouldve ran around nosegrinding all the rails on our planet and a K-grind would refer to a nosegrind and not a crook.....So fuck yeah its possible! If your front truck is grinding and your tail is not aligned with whatever youre grinding.....its not a nosegrind.

Goat
12-20-2012, 01:43 PM
If you cant overcrook a rail, then you shouldnt be able to crook a rail either by that logic.
And if that were true, then Koston wouldve ran around nosegrinding all the rails on our planet and a K-grind would refer to a nosegrind and not a crook.....So fuck yeah its possible! If your front truck is grinding and your tail is not aligned with whatever youre grinding.....its not a nosegrind.
I hear idiots say it's impossible to do a straight nosegrind on a handrail without tweaking it so it's a nosegrind not an overcrook
I almost flipped a table

m.seven
12-20-2012, 02:47 PM
I hear idiots say it's impossible to do a straight nosegrind on a handrail without tweaking it so it's a nosegrind not an overcrook
I almost flipped a table
it's usually the ones that can't do either trick that say shit that ridiculously stupid.

fallingskyline
12-20-2012, 03:52 PM
i say it is possible to do a straight nosegrind (or something that is close to) and to do both krooks and overkrooks. if you know what you are doing than you can straight nosegrind. and the thing with not standing straight is stupid, you won't grind a rail perfectly in the middle of the truck, you'll always kinda "lock in" with one wheel, but your back truck can be over the rail!

now please end this stupid conversation...

Fecal Face
12-20-2012, 04:10 PM
now please end this stupid conversation...

Yes. Why is this even being brought up, every real skateboarder should know the damned difference.

PoppySquidJr
12-20-2012, 05:09 PM
Yes. Why is this even being brought up, every real skateboarder should know the damned difference.

It's brought up because if you look at the initial post, Moose wants to know where the other thought process even comes from, he was hoping to see someone who sees it differently and try to understand why the see it that way. :V

briden
12-20-2012, 05:43 PM
Damn I hate to see so many people thinking this way. Until someone actually does a straight fs nosegrind on a handrail, there is no such thing as a fs overcrook.

Legba
12-20-2012, 06:01 PM
^Hilarious

Fecal Face
12-20-2012, 07:35 PM
Damn I hate to see so many people thinking this way. Until someone actually does a straight fs nosegrind on a handrail, there is no such thing as a fs overcrook.

Hoping this is sarcasm~

It's brought up because if you look at the initial post, Moose wants to know where the other thought process even comes from, he was hoping to see someone who sees it differently and try to understand why the see it that way. :V

I was talking out of my ass too much I think haha.

If there are no overcrooks, there are no crooks.

Get it?

PoppySquidJr
12-20-2012, 08:01 PM
Hoping this is sarcasm~

I was talking out of my ass too much I think haha.

If there are no overcrooks, there are no crooks.

Get it?

Aw man I think my sarcasm went way over your head. Poor delivery on my part, I apologize. I was trying to emphasize the silliness of this thread

Fecal Face
12-20-2012, 08:09 PM
I was trying to emphasize the silliness of this thread

http://99gifs.com/-img/505cba97afa96f7a59001243.gif

EG Fr0sty
12-20-2012, 08:34 PM
So there's no salads???

briden
12-21-2012, 11:24 PM
Hoping this is sarcasm~

If there's such a thing as fs overcrooks, then I'm still waiting to see a fs nosegrind on a handrail.

Antwan
12-22-2012, 04:05 AM
If there's such a thing as fs overcrooks, then I'm still waiting to see a fs nosegrind on a handrail.
Well, to be fair..
Wouldn't FS Nose Grind, FS Overcrooks just be the side of the rail you approach?
It may not look like much of a change once you're in the grind but
I would imagine it's more difficult to approach the other side of the rail
and tweak the other way if you're unfamiliar.
Thus labeling them front side, back side?

Also, Not entirely sure but I'm using what I know and trying to learn here aswell but
I think that's how you get the term fs bs blunt, etc.
Approach frontside, turn back side blunt.

briden
12-22-2012, 08:02 AM
Well, to be fair..
Wouldn't FS Nose Grind, FS Overcrooks just be the side of the rail you approach?
It may not look like much of a change once you're in the grind but
I would imagine it's more difficult to approach the other side of the rail
and tweak the other way if you're unfamiliar.
Thus labeling them front side, back side?

Also, Not entirely sure but I'm using what I know and trying to learn here aswell but
I think that's how you get the term fs bs blunt, etc.
Approach frontside, turn back side blunt.

Yeah fs and bs refer to which part of you is facing what you're about to grind. So your body turns frontside for a backside boardslide. But you turn frontside for a frontside lipslide.

My whole point wasn't necessarily stuck on the fs/bs stance, it was that no one's ever done a frontside "nosegrind" straight on a rail. So the term "overcrook" is implied backside, just like a Suski grind.

Antwan
12-22-2012, 08:22 AM
I understand what you're saying now
Suski grind.. 5-0 tweaked out?
But this looks frontside to me
Sean Malto
2:29

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qjzlG79ViY

briden
12-22-2012, 09:45 AM
I understand what you're saying now
Suski grind.. 5-0 tweaked out?
But this looks frontside to me
Sean Malto
2:29

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qjzlG79ViY

Yeah, almost a back tail but still grinding on the truck.

The thing about a bs overcrook is that it's gnarlier than a bs nosegrind. BUT if someone did a straight fs nosegrind, it'd be way more impressive than the way malto did.

Antwan
12-22-2012, 12:26 PM
I feel like I might have seen one in a video at one point..
Might be mistaken though.

Cerebus_
12-22-2012, 02:43 PM
http://distilleryimage9.s3.amazonaws.com/ac09bbf2103e11e28fa722000a1fbcea_7.jpg

Goat
12-22-2012, 02:44 PM
I feel like I might have seen one in a video at one point..
Might be mistaken though.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it has been done before. There's tons of skaters out there in the world someone has to have done it, video or not
I bet Malto has a clip of him doing it somewhere hahaha

Fecal Face
12-22-2012, 05:38 PM
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7161/6573414999_40ec5a47a8_z.jpg

way harder

i am a snail
12-22-2012, 06:01 PM
http://youtu.be/G1aviP9C_qI?t=1m42s
boom

Legba
12-22-2012, 06:07 PM
http://youtu.be/G1aviP9C_qI?t=1m42s
boom

Fuckin boyish, love that vid.

XImortalDEATHX
12-22-2012, 07:59 PM
If they tweak the shit out of it, I believe it's a FS Overcrook.

EG Fr0sty
12-23-2012, 01:08 AM
If overcrooks aren't real then neither is Santa Clause, The Easter Bunny, or Slash!

echoturbo
12-26-2012, 02:17 AM
if im going to believe anyone about skateboarding its briden he know almost everything about it i can ask him anything and he knows the answer and how much you guys are gonna hate on this but briden.

if anyone can do a fs nosegrind down a hand rail please show me

Rushiie
12-26-2012, 01:58 PM
if im going to believe anyone about skateboarding its briden he know almost everything about it i can ask him anything and he knows the answer and how much you guys are gonna hate on this but briden.

if anyone can do a fs nosegrind down a hand rail please show me

meatriding 101, brought to you by echoturbo

echoturbo
12-26-2012, 02:55 PM
yep

EG Fr0sty
12-26-2012, 10:34 PM
What makes Briden more capable of answering a stupid question like this then anyone else on here???

You pretty much just said that Briden knows more about skateboarding then anyone else on this website.

Flame on!

Fecal Face
12-26-2012, 11:27 PM
why does this thread still exist

Jebotek
12-27-2012, 02:29 AM
cause its actually a damn fun read

saunders420
12-27-2012, 09:46 AM
i hear retarded people every day
I guess it's a widespread disease. QFT :mad: IB4L

briden
12-27-2012, 10:25 AM
What makes Briden more capable of answering a stupid question like this then anyone else on here???

You pretty much just said that Briden knows more about skateboarding then anyone else on this website.

Flame on!

Sig'd

exoskate89
12-27-2012, 11:26 AM
briden knows a lot about fake skate also
2 in 1

EG Fr0sty
12-27-2012, 11:30 AM
Sig'd

Nice! Your like the local news, manipulate my words and shit. Hahaha

EmmitBrown
12-27-2012, 12:10 PM
Nice!...the local news...manipulate my...shit. Hahaha

i am a snail
12-27-2012, 05:12 PM
shit! Hahaha
shit isnt that funny tho

echoturbo
12-27-2012, 05:46 PM

Flame on!

there can only be one

Hitmanx123
12-27-2012, 07:05 PM
there are overcrooks on handrails. period. if you cant do them then you suck ass. end this dumb ass thread.

#skateboarding ruins lives

Legba
12-27-2012, 08:44 PM
Skateboarding is tied to my sex drive, & this tread is givin me some SERIOUS E.D.!

[Moose]
12-31-2012, 01:13 AM
I made this thread. I want it dead

I guess the folks who want everything to be nosegrinds didn't show up.

/thread plz

jest118
01-03-2013, 07:11 AM
Fuck it, I'll step in here and be the dissenting opinion (to an extent anyways).

Overcrooks really only being possible on rails really eliminates it, in my eyes, as being anything more than just a name for a tweaked out nosegrind. Just the same as a Suski really only being done on coping, just makes it a stylized 5-0. In the most extreme cases for an overcrook.. it's a lot closer to something like Crooked Grind Transfer (on something like a spine for example) but that's a mouthful and doesn't make the greatest sense when not being applied to tranny skating.

As for the logic of "If there are no Overcrooks then there's no Crooks," it doesn't really hold as most people lock into Nosegrinds and sort of push over to get into the Crooks position, while the Crooked grind is a completely different lock in altogether than a Nosegrind.

But at the end of the day.. just like the Shuv it Heel, Heel Shuv, Varial Heel, Heel Varial debate.. you can call it whatever the fuck you want because the name doesn't matter.

Hitmanx123
01-03-2013, 11:08 AM
Fuck it, I'll step in here and be the dissenting opinion (to an extent anyways).

Overcrooks really only being possible on rails really eliminates it, in my eyes, as being anything more than just a name for a tweaked out nosegrind. Just the same as a Suski really only being done on coping, just makes it a stylized 5-0. In the most extreme cases for an overcrook.. it's a lot closer to something like Crooked Grind Transfer (on something like a spine for example) but that's a mouthful and doesn't make the greatest sense when not being applied to tranny skating.

As for the logic of "If there are no Overcrooks then there's no Crooks," it doesn't really hold as most people lock into Nosegrinds and sort of push over to get into the Crooks position, while the Crooked grind is a completely different lock in altogether than a Nosegrind.

But at the end of the day.. just like the Shuv it Heel, Heel Shuv, Varial Heel, Heel Varial debate.. you can call it whatever the fuck you want because the name doesn't matter.

tl;dr i have no idea what you just said. overcrooks are real. nuff salad

Legba
01-03-2013, 11:46 AM

True.
But thats different than saying something doesnt exist. Example: Half-Cab, Fakie 180, and Switch Nollie 180 all pertain to the same thing. But saying that 2 different grinds are the same just because theyre on the same truck? That's like saying smiths and feebles are really just 5-0s. (which we all know our beloved video game does sometimes lol)

Dead_Head
01-03-2013, 12:53 PM
The argument generally applies to F/S overcrooks because fs nose grinds tend to tweak out anyways because keeping it straight isn't that easy. I think that they are two tricks but some people will just say that there isn't such thing as a F/s overcrook and that its just a nosegrind. Honestly its stupid and people should care less about the name of a trick and appreciate the trick itself.

jest118
01-07-2013, 08:18 AM
True.
But thats different than saying something doesnt exist. Example: Half-Cab, Fakie 180, and Switch Nollie 180 all pertain to the same thing. But saying that 2 different grinds are the same just because theyre on the same truck? That's like saying smiths and feebles are really just 5-0s. (which we all know our beloved video game does sometimes lol)

eh it's not really different because when people say it doesn't exist, they're not saying that the trick itself doesn't exist as much as they're saying that the name doesn't exist.

Generally grinds earn different distinctions due to 2 things. Whether it's fs or bs and also the way you lock into a grind. I mean.. grinding a fs feeble is the same as a bs smith, at least, in terms of how the board is oriented. The distinction between the two comes from fs vs bs as well as how you're locking into the grind (and how your body weight has to be adjusted because of how you're locking into it). Same thing with bs noseslide and fs noseblunt (on handrails).

When you're landing into a Nosegrind and pushing it over.. that's a lot different than ollieing over and locking it into the already tweaked position and when you look at Overcrooks.. it's not often that people actually ollie over and lock it. It's actually pretty similar to a Salad grind. If a guy were to lock a straight up 5-0 and then tweak it into Salad.. would you really consider that Salad? It's just that people give a lot more leeway to Overcrooks and really.. that's something that's become a trend fairly recently. If I had to estimate, I'd say sometime in the last 6-9 years or so? I mean.. if every Overcrooks was an ollie over to lock in, then I'd probably change my idea on it but that's not how it is.

Really the two sides of the Overcrook argument both have valid points and people will never agree 100% on it. Like I said, it's Heel Varial vs Varial Heel. It's Fresh vs. Hesh. It's a million other debates that will last forever in skateboarding.

Hitmanx123
01-07-2013, 08:42 PM
stfu

jest118
01-07-2013, 09:13 PM
You're such a ray of sunshine.

Legba
01-07-2013, 09:31 PM
I know you're playing devil's advocate, so I can appreciate that winded post.
But I've been skating for well over a decade, so I dont need tricks explained to me lol.
It is just like you said with the 5-0/salad thing tho. The way I see it, if a dude lands his front truck on a rail with his tail already tweaked out, thats an overcrook in my book. My book is written by me and is, therefore, unofficial. Its just when I think back to belly-flopping on a 6-stair handrail trying to land my first "fs overcrook" it pisses me off a bit to hear folks call it a nosegrind. Cuz when I didn't swing my tail over the opposite side of the rail that I came from, it was a lot easier to do.
But when I was kicking my board forward and calling it a dolphin flip only to have some kid tell me; "Thats a Murder Flip!" another; "Forward Flip" and yet another; "DONKEY FLIP!", I thought, "Awesome!". Cuz I knew we were all talking about the same thing, I liked being able to refer to it so many ways.

A names a name, and a sweet ass trick is just that.

I now introduce: The Overnose Swoop

And theres plenty of sunshine in that tittyful avatar [stares shamelessly]

Hitmanx123
01-07-2013, 09:56 PM
You're such a ray of sunshine.

you know me! :o

Hitmanx123
01-07-2013, 09:57 PM
btw let this thread die, seriously im tired of hearing about feeble salads being caught by the 5-0 after being tweaked. its just getting rediculous guys.

jest118
01-07-2013, 09:57 PM
I wasn't trying to explain it to as much as I was just sort of writing it out to explain my reasoning more clearly. I apologize if I came across like I was trying to teach you.

But yeah.. I agree if every overcrook is tweaked out before the front truck locks, then it follows reasoning to consider it a different trick. It's a lot harder to lock and hold like that. I just see most kids landing in nosegrind and pushing it over and calling it an overcrook. Like just by shifting the tail after the fact qualifies it. It's like when people try smith grinds but the wheels on the front truck aren't sunk lower than the rail. Yeah it's not really a 50 or a 5-0 but it's not really a smith either. For example, Malto, 9 times out of 10, does it right.

Meanwhile, kids like this dude, come at harder angle and push it over during the grind. When someone does that, it's just tweaking out a nosegrind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bp8BSttFuY

jest118
01-07-2013, 10:00 PM
btw let this thread die, seriously im tired of hearing about feeble salads being caught by the 5-0 after being tweaked. its just getting rediculous guys.

It's not like there's a ton of threads popping and I like having these types of convo's. It's just a convo. Not a heated argument or anything like that.

Hitmanx123
01-07-2013, 10:06 PM
It's not like there's a ton of threads popping and I like having these types of convo's. It's just a convo. Not a heated argument or anything like that.

i guess. just seems like a stair-case convo that will lead to almost no conclusion. getting into the nitty gritty of why skaters think certain ways is fun but tbh theres only so much you can say before it comes down to the "thats how you think and this is how i think, we are different" realization. but whatever gets your post count up :/

Antwan
01-07-2013, 11:21 PM
So one side says an accidental overcrook down a handrail is a nosegrind
because you've never seen a straight nosegrind down a handrail you say an overcrook is a nosegrind.
Now I understand where This side is coming from..
But you can't really deny what is already there.. Frontside exists, Nosegrinds exist
Being dependent on if it has been done or not seems silly to me.

If the person is approaching any obstacle whatsoever
with their toes facing toward it in their regular stance
is it not technically frontside? So, Toes toward the hand rail.. Regular Stance. Frontside nosegrind?
If this is technically true you can't really say it doesn't exist, maybe it has not been done
but it still seems like a possible variation.

Mind you, I'm still learning but just showing interest and shedding some light on my perspective.

knexzor
01-08-2013, 08:22 AM
So one side says an accidental overcrook down a handrail is a nosegrind
because you've never seen a straight nosegrind down a handrail you say an overcrook is a nosegrind.
Now I understand where This side is coming from..
But you can't really deny what is already there.. Frontside exists, Nosegrinds exist
Being dependent on if it has been done or not seems silly to me.

If the person is approaching any obstacle whatsoever
with their toes facing toward it in their regular stance
is it not technically frontside? So, Toes toward the hand rail.. Regular Stance. Frontside nosegrind?
If this is technically true you can't really say it doesn't exist, maybe it has not been done
but it still seems like a possible variation.

Mind you, I'm still learning but just showing interest and shedding some light on my perspective.
I think you got it backwards. Nobody in this thread denies fs nosegrinds; however, the debate is regarding whether fs overcrooks on rails are legit, of if they are in fact just fs nosegrinds.

jest118
01-08-2013, 08:32 AM
i guess. just seems like a stair-case convo that will lead to almost no conclusion. getting into the nitty gritty of why skaters think certain ways is fun but tbh theres only so much you can say before it comes down to the "thats how you think and this is how i think, we are different" realization. but whatever gets your post count up :/

Yeah I get what you mean. I just saw that in this thread there was really only one viewpoint being expressed so I took up the mantle of the other side for conversations sake. I also just moved to a town with like zero skate scene so I'm little starved for even the most pointless skate talk lol.

Legba
01-08-2013, 10:37 AM
I just wanted to really find out what this whole debate is based on. Until Moose started this thread, I had only heard of this issue once from some dude I met in Nor Cal. Other than that, people always count my fs overcrooks. So the latter part of this thread (with jest representing the opposing side) has actually been pretty informative.

I also just moved to a town with like zero skate scene
Ooooh, I know how that is! Lone Wolf-headphone sessions are all ya got. The worst is when there's no spots to speak of either, yikes! So glad I was able to move back to Brooklyn lol.

briden
01-08-2013, 10:38 AM
One thing I think might not have been brought up yet is that trick names are linear. When the first fs nosegrind was done on a handrail, it was simply a grind on the front truck. There was no "overcrook" to compare it to, so it didn't matter if it was hanging over the side. That's just how the trick was done. But Bs Overcrooks were new when they were done (anyone remember gersh grinds?), so therefore it got a new name and was differentiated from a bs nosegrind.

Preach.

jest118
01-08-2013, 11:02 AM
Ooooh, I know how that is! Lone Wolf-headphone sessions are all ya got. The worst is when there's no spots to speak of either, yikes! So glad I was able to move back to Brooklyn lol.

I don't even have those. Stay at home Dad to a 3 year old and a wife who's 6 months preggo. I get zero session time whatsoever. In my last town I could at least take the kid down to the local shop and bs with people and watch vids. No skate shop in this town though. There's a Ron Jon Surf Shop but it's a tourist shop. It's a cool little town, just doesn't satisfy me on the skate side of things.

Legba
01-08-2013, 12:26 PM
I don't even have those. Stay at home Dad to a 3 year old and a wife who's 6 months preggo. I get zero session time whatsoever. In my last town I could at least take the kid down to the local shop and bs with people and watch vids. No skate shop in this town though. There's a Ron Jon Surf Shop but it's a tourist shop. It's a cool little town, just doesn't satisfy me on the skate side of things.

Really? Damn dude.... gotta love fakeskate in times like that! But its pretty awesome that you get to spend time with your kid like that tho.

Fecal Face
01-08-2013, 03:39 PM
People who play devil's advocate are stupid.

Overcrooks are a name, and they do exist, just like a fucking kickflip isn't a tweaked-out ollie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&list=UUVy-cDu-o1gSiNAXLUw3Q0g&v=h89nQeb785U#t=12s

THIS IS MY NIGGA. I FILMED THIS.

:15 is a real overcrook.

OVERCROOK.

/endthread

briden
01-08-2013, 04:44 PM
/endthread

It's /thread and you cant /thread your own post

and how is that different from every other fs nosegrind/"fs overcrook" on a handrail?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKcktBFj56w

EmmitBrown
01-08-2013, 05:12 PM
a lot of restaurants overcrook gnocchi...

Tilburr
01-08-2013, 06:07 PM
;127041']Recently, I heard some people say they aren't possible. Or they're just nosegrinds.

If you think this way can you please tell me why?
front overcrook isn't a trick becuase on roundrails it's nearly impossible to lock into front nosegrind

Fecal Face
01-08-2013, 06:12 PM
front overcrook isn't a trick becuase on roundrails it's nearly impossible to lock into front nosegrind

It's been done. I've bared witness.

@ briden: Because he locked right into overcrook without tweaking?

Tilburr
01-08-2013, 06:14 PM
It's been done. I've bared witness.

@ briden: Because he locked right into overcrook without tweaking?
just my guess or assumption and what I've been told.

Legba
01-08-2013, 07:30 PM
a lot of restaurants overcrook gnocchi...

That is a fuckin FACT!
Like 3 outta 5 times.

exoskate89
01-08-2013, 08:54 PM
I can do fs nosegrinds down rails sqaure or round... In fakeskate

And tech deck(if that counts)

jest118
01-08-2013, 10:47 PM
Really? Damn dude.... gotta love fakeskate in times like that! But its pretty awesome that you get to spend time with your kid like that tho.

Oh definitely man. It's really a blessing.

Also, that vid of Chad Fernandez is a pretty good example. That's how he's always done his fs nosegrinds and that's what it calls them as well to my knowledge. He's an older generation though back from before people started using the term overcrooks.

Slamooh
01-09-2013, 12:32 AM
we're talking about physics. I don't get why we ask skaters' opininon on such a serious subject

bohemian
01-09-2013, 01:03 AM
what? a whole thread on the problems of skatelingo? and i missed it? daaaaaiaiimmn!

cant be bothered to read it but im pretty sure your all wrong. ha.

challenge: rewrite this in "todays" terminology; chineese ollie antiflip

first one to get it right have to state its origin and demise

bohemian
01-09-2013, 01:04 AM
and for the record. theres no such thing as a frontside indy.

Slamooh
01-09-2013, 01:27 AM
what? a whole thread on the problems of skatelingo? and i missed it? daaaaaiaiimmn!

cant be bothered to read it but im pretty sure your all wrong. ha.

challenge: rewrite this in "todays" terminology; chineese ollie antiflip

first one to get it right have to state its origin and demise

i'll give it a try, it's funnier than this retarded debate
pressure nollie hardflip ?

bohemian
01-09-2013, 01:52 AM
haha close. chineese ollie is indeed a nollie. antiflip tho, was not hardflip (was not done yet at that time) but a heelflip, the opposite of a kickflip.. so.. it makes sense.. kinda hhaaa

so its a nollie heelflip.

any more obscure terms from back in the days you remember?

Slamooh
01-09-2013, 02:13 AM
damn at first i thought antiflip = heelflip but i considered it was too obvious :/
isn't chinese ollie supposed to be using a crack or something ? this is why i said pressure.

i was pretty wrong in the end :cool:

need some time to think about those obscure terms ;)
Luckily people i used to skate with were more into getting tricks rather than calling them...

bohemian
01-09-2013, 02:24 AM
chinese ollie a crackpop? never heard, but dudes have custom terms all over the world so im not surprised =)

and your right about that last point.. im a nerd tho so ive always been into this crap

Fecal Face
01-09-2013, 05:20 AM
'round these parts a chinese nollie is when you scoop the front wheels of your board up a crack in the sidewalk and it does a little pressure-ollie.

fun times.

Antwan
01-09-2013, 05:32 AM
Overcrook and crook are just variations of the nosegrind, no denying it.
Someone was talking about frontside, not sure where it started.

'round these parts a chinese nollie is when you scoop the front wheels of your board up a crack in the sidewalk and it does a little pressure-ollie.

fun times.
That's what I heard too..
Would love to know the original definition if that's not right.

I always thought anti-flips were a casper variation. Some kind of half flip, scoop. land bolts.

Slamooh
01-09-2013, 06:52 AM
same here about that anti flip / casper variation thingy

bohemian
01-09-2013, 07:10 AM
i remember calling heelflips antiflips way back in the late 80s. until then, only the kickflip name had reached us. im sure a lot got lost and confused.. no internet, basically no mags or media, only word of mouth. and its a long way from california to norway lol

heshfield
01-09-2013, 08:37 AM
The chinese ollie is how we used to do nollies before boards had noses. You had to use a crack in the sidewalk or anything else that could help pop the board off the ground.

madsser
01-09-2013, 09:39 AM
I just wanna post here to have done it.
So I'll put a picture of a beautiful woman instead of saying anything actually clever or well thought out.

http://www.cherryplucker.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/cp_pix_152_break_editors_are_hacks_4.jpg

Job done

EmmitBrown
01-09-2013, 09:53 AM
fakie feebs

bohemian
01-09-2013, 11:53 AM
nollie willy

EmmitBrown
01-09-2013, 12:08 PM
switch fakie no-comply south

briden
01-09-2013, 05:07 PM
switch fakie no-comply south

'Round these parts, we call em barrel rolls

EG Fr0sty
01-15-2013, 11:45 PM
WTF???? If your board leaves the ground and it doesn't Flip or Spin, you don't touch or turn it. It's a damn Ollie no matter how it got of the ground...at least round these parts...

Goat
01-16-2013, 12:15 AM
WTF???? If your board leaves the ground and it doesn't Flip or Spin, you don't touch or turn it. It's a damn Ollie no matter how it got of the ground...at least round these parts...
no-comply

EG Fr0sty
01-16-2013, 12:37 AM
no-comply

Ha true......there talking about these Chinese Ollie's hahah that's what im referring to.

heshfield
01-16-2013, 03:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03PfwIdQGvE

[Moose]
01-17-2013, 12:59 AM
/thread pls god damn

echoturbo
01-30-2013, 03:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfQGG-o-Yw0
1:51