PDA

View Full Version : Modding for Skate. Games

Fecal Face
12-20-2012, 04:36 PM
So I've seen a few mods for trivial things like unlimited money and such, but I haven't seen anything actually interesting.

I was wondering if anyone has heard of any mods for ANY of the skate games. If not, do you or anyone you know have the ability to mod these games?

I mean, just think about the possibilities of tweaking physics and such....

EmmitBrown
12-20-2012, 05:34 PM
the only thing i dislike abbout the possibility of modding Skate, games (also why I'm against Skate. PC games) is the "what if someone makes tricks the push of a button" to where you don't know if the tricks you see were earned or not.

physics mods would be sick, but i love Skate. as a world we all live in and when you see footage from it you know the physics the skater had to deal with.

Skate. is sacred.

Permy
12-20-2012, 05:44 PM
fuck you

Ayreon
12-20-2012, 06:25 PM
makes tricks the push of a button" to where you don't know if the tricks you see were earned or not.

what are we, playing for points and own the spot? Like I give a shit if someone want to deprive themselves of the amazing flick controls

EmmitBrown
12-20-2012, 07:27 PM
i meant i dont want the game to be fucked with. i want everything i see of the game in video to have been played. when you open up modding and code then people can abuse and program what they want into the original game...

Fecal Face
12-20-2012, 07:29 PM
I was mainly thinking of a hardcore mode for the first two Skate. games. I feel like that would be rad. Anything else would be hard as fuck to do.

But if it got really crazy we could make an option 2 for custom shirts, add hair for beanies, shit like that.

Ayreon
12-20-2012, 07:38 PM
i meant i dont want the game to be fucked with. i want everything i see of the game in video to have been played. when you open up modding and code then people can abuse and program what they want into the original game...

again, who gives a crap what people do with their game. no one would force you to mod it. I understand there are a lot of stupid fucking mods out there for some games.

look at the top mods for fallout new vegas right now tho, they are pretty cool.

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/

new face texture to make the dude more ugly, new weapons, new animals, a quest mod that adds hours of gameplay. There are thousands of mods. All free.
Mods are bloody amazing. There are stupid mods too for these games. Armour that makes female characters wear next to nothing and have bigger boobs. I dont download those. Not that Im against boobs, but it ruins the grit and atmosphere of the game.

EmmitBrown
12-20-2012, 07:44 PM
if modding became commonplace, how would you know if people were actually doing tricks in their videos? i know modding doesnt mean people will be fraudulently doing tricks more easily, it IS a concern of mine. i dont want there to be an "i don't know" area...as in i dont know if he actually did that trick or programmed it in....would you play tiger against people that were modding? Skate. is a community and i dont want imposters

Fecal Face
12-20-2012, 07:48 PM
if modding became commonplace, how would you know if people were actually doing tricks in their videos? i know modding doesnt mean people will be fraudulently doing tricks more easily, it IS a concern of mine. i dont want there to be an "i don't know" area...as in i dont know if he actually did that trick or programmed it in....would you play tiger against people that were modding? Skate. is a community and i dont want imposters

I feel you. I didn't really factor shit like that in.

I just figured we'd be the only people using the mods really, and for the most part we all have the same interests at heart. I think programming tricks would take the fun away anyways. I was thinking about adding things, not making things easier to do.

Stokenstein
12-20-2012, 09:29 PM
Regardless, someone needs to make some new, legit looking terrain and figure out how to get that on my Xbox, k thanks.

Permy
12-20-2012, 09:34 PM
booooooooooo

MackBoogie
12-20-2012, 09:35 PM
If skate was on PC everything would be perfect.

You niggas are making me sad again.

Ayreon
12-20-2012, 10:17 PM

again, if someone wants to pretend to be good at the game, I dont give a shit. Let them be fake fucks so their e-penis and get erect. It doesn't effect me, or how I play the game and how I make videos.

Your not even considering all the amazing things mods would bring to the game. How much better people could make CAPs. Way to focused on one little thing that would come from it. Whole new models for clothing. People could add more pros. Complete new areas of city, not just cap. There are tons of these for fallout

Mabye I can show you some mods that completely changes the game of fallout for me.

this adds around 70 new monsters - http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/42136
this adds 63 new guns - http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/37002
this adds 114 new locations - http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/38719

I could go on.

Furthermore, if it was on PC, do uploading to the ea server. then downloading to your PC. you could generate the footage right to your harddrive. This would cut the filming process time in half. And we would never have to worry of the servers dying

So a few retards will cheat. Laa Dee Frickin Daw.

Boris Magee
12-20-2012, 11:21 PM
Ayreon - I do agree with a lot of your points, such as CAPs. However, I am not convinced that you understand the impact of something like this on the video-making community. I am personally not a part of it anymore, I play the game just for fun. But I know that a huge factor of the video making experience is to show off. You want people to see your creative tricks. You want people to see your perfectly executed bangers. The very joy of watching a video for me comes from the 'wow, you can actually do that in this game?' moment. If that is taken away, videos will become boring to me (and probably a lot of others).

knexzor
12-21-2012, 01:00 AM
That Kapnn guy had a video with some hints at hc mode in s3

Dead_Head
12-21-2012, 02:01 AM
modding is common place in most video games. Honestly, I'm sure people have posted clips in their videos here that weren't on hardcore mode and so on, so modding wouldn't open up a new door of fake tricks considering I'm sure its already been done haha. Most people here seem legit anyways so who cares TBH.
Please, if anyone is tech savy, PLS MOD THE SKATE GAMES.

Permy
12-21-2012, 02:49 AM
kapnn is an idiot

i'm pretty sure that was a joke

this game won't be modded in any impactful way

/debbiedowner

Antwan
12-21-2012, 03:47 AM
I'd like to see a Skate Editor
Like a developers tool
to make new levels or some shit
In any case you might want to do some research before you start trying to change things
I'm curious how they even made the objects happen
I remember seeing stuff about OG Skate Development that had nothing
but dots and lines making up ramps

Novel
12-21-2012, 05:37 AM
The idea is cool as shit, don't know why anyone would be against it. You wouldn't have to download all the mods that make you cringe.
We could actually moderate the mod community so that those regarding easy tricks would be filed into a lesser category. If anyone wants to break the bank on this one, and start with the initial crack, I'll support them financially, but I can't contribute I wish I could. I'm so tied up lately. Still trying to get another game rolling.

I can imagine the world with mods, and to be able to add them to this product we already love would be a dream come true.
I pay close attention to the fallout mods, the skyrim mods, and other pc game mods even though I don't play these game on pc. My computer at work and at home is filled with teaching software and such. Sucks Haha.
Speaking of, I've got papers to grade. Fuck me.

Ayreon
12-21-2012, 08:09 AM
modding is common place in most video games. Honestly, I'm sure people have posted clips in their videos here that weren't on hardcore mode and so on, so modding wouldn't open up a new door of fake tricks considering I'm sure its already been done haha. Most people here seem legit anyways so who cares TBH.
Please, if anyone is tech savy, PLS MOD THE SKATE GAMES.

FUCKING THANK YOU!

lol

lets not forget trainer mods are never perfect and there are tells when someone is using them. in coutner strike if someone uses and aim bot you will see their crosshair constantly wiggle. push button mod would probably totally fuck up the animations. But I go back to my main point....who gives a fuck.

I honestly have to believe anyone speaking against mods is someone who has never modded a game themselves. It can make a game feel like a whole different game and triple the replay value.

Fecal Face
12-21-2012, 10:30 AM
I wonder if EA has the rights to the Fluckit/ Skate 1 developers tool.

someone could buy it and do a homebrew game or make the tool public so it could be on the PC or something of that nature.

I wonder how expensive the rights would be...

EmmitBrown
12-21-2012, 10:40 AM
once it gets modded, there will be no control over what nods happen. i guarantee most of the mods would not be from people who love skating and the Skate. community. Im happy with the game we have.

if it got modded, then i would ONLY watch Hoodlum, DP, and a few other peoples vids. what if they modded so you stayed in true switch, or you always pop as high as possible? i dont like to watch videos of virtual skaters, i like to watch videos of things people have done in a video game i love

Ayreon
12-21-2012, 11:45 AM
popping high would be just like playing on easy. No difference. And its actually harder to pop low.

Most mod would be from people who love the game. Just like mod makers for other games love their game. Making mods takes hours of work. Someone who wasnt dedicated to game, wouldnt take the time to create a mod. Even if someone created a cheat mod, they still likely really enjoy the game. Everyone should enjoy the game they want to. You dont have to agree with it. Just like I think those kids who brag about being the "top ranked" fake skate team. I think its stupid and couldnt care less but they still have their fun in their own little world.

And there is no mod that can take away the creativity of a good trick.

EmmitBrown
12-21-2012, 11:57 AM
i meant regarding a switch 360 over a gap or something. as far as popping height at all, from the viewers point you would never know if the game was "told" to pop whatever height by the player or by a mod

as far as trick selection, if i decide what trick and whatever variations and spot and i tell the game how to do it for me, thats not fun to watch. i dont want that grey area in somethiing as pure as Skate.

Ayreon
12-21-2012, 01:06 PM
Well, differences of opinion and thats that.

I feel the trainers would not be a huge community epidemic at all. The type of person to cheat at the game is a far different gamer than the person who would bother to skate realistic in the first place, and bother to make a skate video. Plus there is no mod in the world that can help you with filming. Your either good at it or not.

The unlimited expansion of modding outweighs the litte problem of some cheaters that may pop up.

PoppySquidJr
12-21-2012, 01:24 PM

I feel the trainers would not be a huge community epidemic at all. The type of person to cheat at the game is a far different gamer than the person who would bother to skate realistic in the first place, and bother to make a skate video. Plus there is no mod in the world that can help you with filming. Your either good at it or not.

The unlimited expansion of modding outweighs the litte problem of some cheaters that may pop up.

This, and from any experience with any other game, as was said before, I believe, it's OBVIOUS when people use mods, I have yet to see one that convinces me otherwise.

MackBoogie
12-21-2012, 01:41 PM

I just want to mod clothes. Does anyone actually believe that someone with the ability to mod skate is going to waste there time trying to get E-fame out of it. Is someone really that much of a douche. Plus we have played this game for so long that we would obviously see the mod and call them out for it if they are trying to act like its real.

I just want Option 2 custom tees damnit.

iM DoNe
12-21-2012, 02:35 PM
a mod for CAP would be awsome. like unlimited terrain

XImortalDEATHX
12-21-2012, 02:49 PM
a mod for CAP would be awsome. like unlimited terrain

That would be impossible, it would be sick, but not possible. However I don't doubt some tech-wizard would be able to make it so you can build a very large space compared to what we have, it would just take up a lot more data. You'd probably have to fuck with your XBOX or PS3 in some sort of way, and people that would download them would need to do that too.

blitzkow
12-21-2012, 02:51 PM
to do mods like some of the ones you guys want you would need a jtag or a modded iso disk

Ayreon
That would be impossible, it would be sick, but not possible. However I don't doubt some tech-wizard would be able to make it so you can build a very large space compared to what we have, it would just take up a lot more data. You'd probably have to fuck with your XBOX or PS3 in some sort of way, and people that would download them would need to do that too.

if it were a computer it would probably be fully possible. someone could probably mod in new pieces to use too. Take apart and throw in different pieces from PC

XImortalDEATHX
On the topic of modding, imagine the graphic mods? The world might actually look good, and characters would look far more detailed, which would help out filmers.

PoppinSuds
12-22-2012, 08:52 PM
I just want Option 2 custom tees damnit.

this.

Skatehead
12-23-2012, 08:20 AM
Old san van map in S3..
Thank you.

Ayreon
12-23-2012, 09:11 AM
Old san van map in S3..
Thank you.

reminds me of this mod lol
gta iv vice city

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU81iKs_Yk4

Fecal Face
12-23-2012, 10:05 AM
@.@

Goon_Panda
01-30-2013, 01:06 AM
Late, I know.

Google search "Xbox horizon mod tool" or some shit. There MIGHT be something for S3 on there, but after a brief look I figured that the games it works on are also available on PC.

Deacon
01-30-2013, 09:28 AM
Old san van map in S3..
Thank you.

THIS THIS AND MORE THIS

If memory serves correct COD4 had modded maps where people designed their own maps from scratch, fully detailed like an in game level. If you could do that with skate, it would be fucking awesome. The game could be ever lasting.

In theory if a talented animator was involved they could add new tricks, and animations. the choices are limitless.

As for the whole someone programmed the trick in, how pointless is that. The community is too small for anyone to care or get "eFame" from. Plus 2mins playing on line with said person would show through. Not only that the tricks that really take time now, if programmed would look fake IMO. Plus if someone is too lazy to do it properly, that's their choice. It doesn't affect me.

ItsFJ
01-30-2013, 12:43 PM
s1 look of characters in s3
and the flow of the controls <------ if that makes sense

BladderBoy
01-30-2013, 12:50 PM
I would only consider modding this game if it was legally ported to PC. Otherwise, too much hardware modding, hacking and unpredictable bullshit to deal with. Ripping the XBOX version, extracting, and modding the data could potentially lead to legal problems as well. Especially after sharing it with the community. EA has never had a rep for being cool.

Modding Skate sounds cool, and it's fun to talk about. But it's not going to happen. We need a new game for PC.

And for the record, I'm totally with Ayreon in regards to the "moral" issues surrounding a potential Skate mod. I don't give a shit what someone else does with it. And I sure as fuck wouldn't deny myself the opportunity to mod this game just to spite some kiddy hacker hell-bent on pretending that he can play the game. To me, the only thing that's sacred about Skate is my own personal experience, not what all the other fools do with it. Do you.

Goon_Panda
01-30-2013, 09:18 PM
Holy shit Bladder, you still use FluckIt? lol.

I agree with you as well.

BladderBoy
02-01-2013, 11:52 AM
Holy shit Bladder, you still use FluckIt? lol.

Is there another website where I can talk Skate? :p

Wiltzuh
02-01-2013, 04:00 PM
Is there another website where I can talk Skate? :p

KIDS TABLE !!!! YAYYYYY !!!!