PDA

View Full Version : Thing to do when uploading

Ayreon
12-29-2012, 11:47 AM
Just got my ps3 back and skate 3...I forgot how long it fucking takes to upload lol. I got a shit load of stuff. went on a skate rampage. so for now im uploading direct to youtube. less quality but its more dependable. anyways, it still takes long. I thought I'd make a list of shit to do while uploading cause if you sit there and watch it, you will go fucking mad.

I actually work out quite a bit when filming. I usually stack up an offline reel full of shit before i start uploading.its a good way to upload and get other shit done with its loading.

Im just wondering what kind of shit everyone does while they upload. Its all about multi-taking.

watch pirated tv shows off computer
play computer games
work out
house work
jerk off
get food
eat food
take a shit
take a piss
take a shit and piss
shower

PoppySquidJr
12-29-2012, 12:00 PM
Just got my ps3 back and skate 3...I forgot how long it fucking takes to upload lol. I got a shit load of stuff. went on a skate rampage. so for now im uploading direct to youtube. less quality but its more dependable. anyways, it still takes long. I thought I'd make a list of shit to do while uploading cause if you sit there and watch it, you will go fucking mad.

I actually work out quite a bit when filming. I usually stack up an offline reel full of shit before i start uploading.its a good way to upload and get other shit done with its loading.

Im just wondering what kind of shit everyone does while they upload. Its all about multi-taking.

watch pirated tv shows off computer
play computer games
work out
house work
jerk off
get food
eat food
take a shit
take a piss
take a shit and piss
shower

Tech Decks. Best way to kill <2 minutes without getting yourself into something distracting.

Legba
12-29-2012, 12:09 PM
Go On Fluckit
Play guitar
Cook
Text womens
Dance/flail around like an idiot to your favorite songs
Shave
Dont shave (tug on beard/stroke mustache)
Call Parents
Go to bodega
Have a spot of tea w tartlets or krimpets
Remember Im an American
Remember my great grandparents were Native Americans
Wonder what America means
Get a headache
Grab a beer

Ayreon
12-29-2012, 12:42 PM
I did the getting a headache thing last night.

and Luft, 2 minutes? It takes longer than that haha.

edit

you must enjoy your tech deck if it feels only like 2 minutes.

its taking me like 10 minutes a clip. the uploading is way slower than it used to be.

Jebotek
12-29-2012, 12:48 PM
It seems like im damn lucky nowadays. Uploadin works just fine since quite a time for me. Searchin for something to do while uploadin would actually take more time than just waitin the 1-2 minutes

fallingskyline
12-29-2012, 12:48 PM
first off, ayreon having a ps3 again = <3

second: what is uploading clips, did you mean waiting for 97%, 98%, 99% 100% ... an ea nation error occured?
usually the best time to:
- roll a "cigarette"
- watch tv
- get nasty with your gf and forget about the upload
- when on ps3 switch to xbox and film another trick or vice versa

fuck all of the above... cap card FTW

JoyySkates
12-29-2012, 12:53 PM
Eat
DoDo
Talk to beautiful women
(Real) Skating
Do homework

Ayreon
12-29-2012, 12:53 PM
second: what is uploading clips, did you mean waiting for 97%, 98%, 99% 100% ... an ea nation error occured?
usually the best time to:

i was uploading yesterday and the fucking thing would get to about 30% then reset and say its 6% done uploading but then it will keep climbing. I know this is an error so I cancel before it gives a chance to tell me its an error.

It happened 2 times in a row so I said fuck it, I have too much footy right now to put up with this and want a vid out. So im uploading to youtube. but that is taking way longer than I remember. I keep losing my connection to EA as well.

fucking annoying. and yah i really want a cap card now

m.seven
12-29-2012, 12:56 PM
my laptop is on the same desk as my ps3/tv set up so i surf around teh interwebs while i wait.

EmmitBrown
12-29-2012, 12:57 PM
eat a whole bunch of turkey then jerk off watching schindlers list

Kinky-
12-29-2012, 01:05 PM
worry if its going to upload or not..

i am a snail
12-29-2012, 01:53 PM
contemplate suicide
make pancakes
drink myself to sleep

EternalRewind
12-29-2012, 02:08 PM
smoke a bowl

pawnluvguitarist
12-29-2012, 03:23 PM
It's been so long I can hardly remember what it feels like. But I'm very grateful to be having a pvr. Skate 3 was so frustratingly slow

Wiltzuh
12-29-2012, 03:42 PM
While waiting clip to upload I like to:

Build a house
Slip on a bananaskin
Check instagram even i know i just checked it minute ago
Watch your clip uploading count
Go somewhere and forget the clip
Make noises
Hear noises
Stick my nose
Pick my nose
Believe i can fly
Get some snow inside my house and ride a sledge in the kitchen
Wrap a burrito
Go to hang on the rope
Get off from hanging
Paint my face
Bomb some hills on my dog
Feed flamingos
Watch my thermometer going frozen cause it's so cold outside
Watch my neighbours playing with polarbears
Itch penguins
Write a novel and earn billion with it
Earn money
Spend money
Kiss a girl
Hate
Try to scratch my ear with my toes

Fecal Face
12-29-2012, 05:34 PM
contemplate suicide

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdrubiiyk11r53y42o1_400.gif

EmmitBrown
12-29-2012, 08:37 PM
smoke a bowl
... '-)

Goat
12-29-2012, 09:27 PM
worry if its going to upload or not..

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdrubiiyk11r53y42o1_400.gif
this.
mine has a habit of doing what Ay says, goes from 40 or 60% back to 1% then exits off or just exits off after the halfway mark, so I HAVE to watch my tv to make sure it's uploading

andreas
12-29-2012, 09:37 PM
contemplate suicide
make pancakes
drink myself to sleep

/thread

emericaridr11
12-29-2012, 10:22 PM
smoke a bowl

after taking a hour to do the trick.....then a hour to film it cause im a freak like that

IM SOBER!
time to smoke and smoke a ciggy, then its uploaded, so its off for another round

sometimes ill have Final Cut open and edit while im getting clips, or have AE open for effects while i wait

EG Fr0sty
12-29-2012, 10:52 PM
Remember in 21 jump street when that show the video of the kid on tht drug....it's kinda like that.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ILaU4zsfgtc&feature=fvwrel

Ayreon
12-30-2012, 10:54 AM
sometimes ill have Final Cut open and edit while im getting clips, or have AE open for effects while i wait

did that yesterday lol

so i think im gonna not ever upload to the ea server. since ive had skate back i havent been able to upload anything to them. about 8 tries, error each time. youtube upload on errors 1 out of 10 times....uugh.

anyone think cause im using wireless connection i get that many errors? its a pretty slow connection.

id get a cap card...but what determines the resolution at which they capture? Cause I dont have an HD TV. So capturing SD is fucking pointless.

momadaddy
12-30-2012, 08:30 PM
i just talk to people that i'm in the party with about how i'm much better at fake skate than they are. i used to wait till i landed my trick to smoke a cig as reward for landing what i was trying but i stopped smoking a couple months ago... i miss it

echoturbo
12-30-2012, 08:45 PM
i just talk to people that i'm in the party with about how i'm much better at fake skate than they are.

its true he rubs it in my face all the Time

[Moose]
12-31-2012, 01:21 AM
I wish I could shit on command

fallingskyline
12-31-2012, 01:24 AM
i just talk to people that i'm in the party with about how i'm much better at fake skate than they are.

you're just telling the truth <3

Razorlike Blue
12-31-2012, 04:07 AM
did that yesterday lol
id get a cap card...but what determines the resolution at which they capture? Cause I dont have an HD TV. So capturing SD is fucking pointless.

Your TV doesn't determine the resolution of video captured. It's the actual cap card its self. If it's an internal, you'd set the resolution using whatever software you use to capture. PVRs I'm not sure about, though i'd assume you'd set your capture resolution at an On-screen menu, since most come with remotes.

Ayreon
12-31-2012, 08:55 AM
ok, tits. Cuase its a bitch enough filming on an SD tv lol. Dont always get the composition i want cause once you upload a clip and goes widescreen with extra room at the sides

Well, uploading to the ea server hasent worked for me yet. gonna stick with youtube

heres a new thing to do to add to the list...

...be pissed off.

emericaridr11
12-31-2012, 08:55 AM
Your TV doesn't determine the resolution of video captured. It's the actual cap card its self. If it's an internal, you'd set the resolution using whatever software you use to capture. PVRs I'm not sure about, though i'd assume you'd set your capture resolution at an On-screen menu, since most come with remotes.

not sure about Internals but i dont think many buy them

Pvrs need Component Cables, alot of SD tvs dont have Component they have Composite or S-Video (480p tops), some do have Component BUT they still will be 480p (not HD)

you want HD, you need a HD tv..... I had bought a Pvr before i had a HDtv, it didnt look that good, not bad but not great

they rock AY, got a pvr and 18 inch hdtv off Craiglist for 170$ not bad at all if you ask me

Ayreon
12-31-2012, 08:57 AM
I could get one. have the money right now. but I was planning on getting more exercise equipment. I choose getting less fat over buying something that would make me sit on my ass and get more fat.

ill get one one day...

emericaridr11
12-31-2012, 08:59 AM
I could get one. have the money right now. but I was planning on getting more exercise equipment. I choose getting less fat over buying something that would make me sit on my ass and get more fat.

ill get one one day...

great digs, just wanted to let you know...

You DO need a hdtv, i thought sdtv was going to be ok, but it wasnt that good, hd all the way

Granka
12-31-2012, 09:10 AM
Check Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & YouTube.
Text chicks.

Ayreon
12-31-2012, 09:48 AM
great digs, just wanted to let you know...

You DO need a hdtv, i thought sdtv was going to be ok, but it wasnt that good, hd all the way

yah man, thanks. good to know.

Check Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & YouTube.
Text chicks.

twitter....instagram....you ARE a chick. Nevermind texting them. lol jk

madsser
12-31-2012, 10:06 AM
usually what happens is that I rewatch the clip during uploading, think it over, and stop the clip from uploading cause I've changed my mind and this clip isn't good enough. Then I turn off my PS3 and go play Skyrim or LoL....
Boom.

m.seven
12-31-2012, 10:28 AM
usually what happens is that I rewatch the clip during uploading, think it over, and stop the clip from uploading cause I've changed my mind and this clip isn't good enough.
story of my life,did that all day yesterday

EternalRewind
12-31-2012, 12:13 PM
Ayreon u have a cap card but no hd tv? HD tvs are cheap now, like 200 and under, you chose a cap card over a HD tv?

You still use a Discman huh?

Im just fucking with yah :)

Ayreon
12-31-2012, 01:21 PM
usually what happens is that I rewatch the clip during uploading, think it over, and stop the clip from uploading cause I've changed my mind and this clip isn't good enough. Then I turn off my PS3 and go play Skyrim or LoL....
Boom.
haha yah. I judge my clip a lot before I start filming. I do skip over a lot then, but not while uploading.

Ayreon u have a cap card but no hd tv? HD tvs are cheap now, like 200 and under, you chose a cap card over a HD tv?

You still use a Discman huh?

Im just fucking with yah :)

ahah I used a dicsman for years when people have mp3 players. I now have an mp3 player. Fuck ipods. The old ones where good. but I cant fucking stand touch screens. you pay out the ass for the apple name is touch screen. my think plays music, period. it works.
and no i dont have a cap card, wanted to get one, but now i need a new tv then a cap card. thats too much of an investment now. Especially when I want to spend like 600 on an exercise bike and new weights.

Razorlike Blue
12-31-2012, 01:48 PM
Well you could also use a computer monitor. They display at an even higher resolution than tvs even, but whatever. The exercise equipment is a more productive investment. Plus it's best not to develop man titis and beer gutus. werds.

Seanne1986
12-31-2012, 01:49 PM
An HD PVR is one of the best purchase I've ever made.

Fuck EA servers..

Ayreon
01-04-2013, 12:09 PM
one day...

lol anyways, I upload to the s2 servers fine. S3 servers I cant for the life of my get a dam clip up.

s2 it is. it looks better anyways

unplannedman
01-04-2013, 01:07 PM
Watch Ponies
Listen to music
get a bite to eat
actually go skate
watch skate vids
watch ea skate vids
smoke crack

Mark the Sith
01-08-2013, 10:35 PM
Freebase.

Maybe do some coding.

More freebasing.

Extinguish/light fires.

Think about retiring/rehab.

Even more freebasing.

SK8ERatWAR
01-09-2013, 09:50 AM
pick up my mobile, look what the time is, look back at the tv, UPLOAD DONE!