PDA

View Full Version : Alexander Rademaker: a Short Skate film [Film/Edit - Brett Novak]

replicant
01-10-2013, 10:26 PM
Alex is just fucking beasty to be so young. Definitely representing Switzerland like a champ.
The video clocks in at 3:09 and is well worth the time spent. There are some tricks in there
I have no idea what to call them and gonna take several more watches (slowed down) to
see how some were executed. Brett like he does with the Kilian videos once again killed it
and totally captures the skating at its best. Soon we will have another Kilian video coming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rVnmacDOCM

Antwan
01-11-2013, 11:50 AM
Cross Legged lady killer
Lotta cool stuff in there..
Wish I could skate. Damn Shitty damn weather.

[THEME]
01-11-2013, 08:35 PM
Wow. I really like his style. Real creative and original. Super tech. He is like a hybrid of Daewoon and Rodney. Gnarltastic!

replicant
01-13-2013, 08:13 AM
Yeah, everytime I watch it I get more and more impressed with his style and approach to tricks.

EG Fr0sty
01-15-2013, 11:39 PM
I'm gunna be honest...
It was cool an pretty nuts.....
But I didn't like it. Don't Know why I guess it's not my style it was cool when Rodney was doing it but I'm kinda over the whole flat ground crazy flip trick things...idk it was a good watch though and ill definetlty watch anything else I see from him.....

It makes no sense I know...

replicant
01-16-2013, 09:45 AM
I'm gunna be honest...
It was cool an pretty nuts.....
But I didn't like it. Don't Know why I guess it's not my style it was cool when Rodney was doing it but I'm kinda over the whole flat ground crazy flip trick things...idk it was a good watch though and ill definetlty watch anything else I see from him.....

It makes no sense I know...
Heh, everyone has their own tastes. I don't see it as flat ground as much as an evolving of flat ground and street even more modernized.
I'm a bit of a minority among many modern skaters who are still pleased with watching the same tricks down big sets we've seen for the
past 10-20 years.

Legba
01-16-2013, 04:46 PM
This was great!
I gotta give equal credit to Brett Novak tho, this was presented beautifully!
I was most impressed with his manny skills and those hand flips. Triple flips arent so hard when you skate 7.75 & below ( I used to do em on flat in high school) but BOY is this kid precise!

Thanks for posting this, Replicant. I probably wouldn't of found out about him otherwise.
Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go watch this again!

Antwan
01-16-2013, 06:34 PM
A Majority of skateboarding is just repeated tricks in new areas
it's the perspective of those areas that makes it work.
Some just don't like things that are different.. even on a video game I've found.
It's hard to say why really.. could be where you're from, what you've known skating to be
your interests in life altogether, your approach to skating. That's just what I think of.
I was all about grinds and fliptricks for a majority of the time that I first started skating
Just doing what pros did, watching Girl Yeah Right before going out to fall on my face trying grinds.
I had a good number of tricks, could ollie high. My first grind was a smith believe it or not.
Things changed pretty rapidly after being hospitalized bombing hills. Kinda took it slow.
Came across Flatground, Expressing myself in a way that was still physical but not as straining
taking less risks, still enjoying. Creating things once in a while. I'll probably never go back.

This kid had some things that reminded me of tricks I mess with
only he would ollie into it or do fliptrick in/fliptrick out which is really quite impressive.
I did see some things I was not familiar with here though..
I think it was a 360 flip into a one foot, hop up the board, back foot heel?
I don't think I've seen body varials out of manual or while still in manual either.
Might be my lack of watching videos but either way they drove it home. Made me think
and I Love the videos that make me think. :)
Makes me want to skate. Waitin on better weather.