PDA

View Full Version : My first solo in a long time.

knightbmb
01-11-2013, 10:37 PM
A quick solo I pieced together, let me know what you think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGiScjQdU6c&feature=youtu.be

Antwan
01-11-2013, 10:46 PM
Wasn't too bad
Couple things I'd work on though
Try to avoid adding any trick you can do, make it difficult on yourself and it will show
There were some technical tricks in there though
When your skater is rolling up or away from an obstacle (roll-ups/roll aways)
Cut the clip so these are not as long
You've got the sound sync pretty close
but those roll-ups and roll aways are unappealing to me at least
Outro was pretty cool.. Wouldn't expect to see it on every 2 minute video.
Credits are usually seen in bigger productions. Do what you want though..
These are all my personal preferences.

knightbmb
01-12-2013, 10:16 AM
Thanks man, and I'll keep those tips in mind for my next one!

d22d223
01-12-2013, 11:47 PM
def didn't see this coming. needs improvement but i definitely see potential. the camera felt like it jerked a bit and a little far on certain tricks. Just hard to see. however i saw a lot more creativity coming out of you

Razorlike Blue
01-13-2013, 12:35 AM
Really work on your filming. Other than that do what you will. Until then I'll be wondering why I didn't foresee this. Also, really sorry I didn't get to do the collab with you.

knightbmb
01-14-2013, 11:30 AM
Thanks my ol' buddies! and don't worry about it razor shit happens lol

SK8ERatWAR
01-14-2013, 12:07 PM
filming was really bad. many accidental tricks. so overall I thought this was bad. credits at the end of a 2 min video is weird.. crop the video next time.
honestly, the only reason I watched the whole video was to fully support my points.

Antwan
01-14-2013, 04:39 PM
I don't see what's so bad about the filming..
We need more style, brotha!
We've been playing long enough to know what's happening here. I support the filming.
Just work on keeping it steady.
Might be the first time I saw someone actually hit that set near the magic rails though. Liked that.

exoskate89
01-14-2013, 04:52 PM
filming was really bad. many accidental tricks. so overall I thought this was bad. credits at the end of a 2 min video is weird.. crop the video next time.
honestly, the only reason I watched the whole video was to fully support my points.
i agree with this... when was your last solo?
try watching other vids around here to see the difference

Monk
01-14-2013, 05:32 PM
Iclicked like on the video just because everyone's gotta start somewhere.....in the end it doesn't matter what everyone else says.. its how you feel about it. With that said.. I agree with the first few comments, but it wasn't a "bad" video

Ayreon
01-14-2013, 05:44 PM
Filming was below average. Pan backs and shakeyness. Try and use less key frames. There was a little bit too much time of the approach and roll away like ant said for a fast paced song. if it were a slower song, then this would be ok. I'd avoid kicking after your final trick of a line. Makes it look accidental.

There were some interesting shots in the beginning and end.

I liked the double grind at 1:05.

knightbmb
01-14-2013, 08:12 PM
Well, time to answer some questions. To start, the last time I made any sort of Skate video would've been back in Skate 2 or very early Skate 3. Second, if there were any accidental tricks it would've been from any older clips that I liked from my skate reel that I threw in there. But for the majority I knew what I was doing and when I was doing it. But thanks for the point Ayreon, the kicks after the final trick does hint at accidental I didn't really realize it until after I read your comment and re-watched (thanks for liking the double grind too!) And finally, I honestly haven't even played this game in forever, hopefully filming skills will come back to me. But ya know I tried, I haven't done this in a long long time haha, thanks for the input from everyone, even if you said it was bad at least you stated why you thought so. Just gave me more to remember for next time!
PS Monk thanks for the fav!

EG Fr0sty
01-15-2013, 01:28 AM
I don't see what's so bad about the filming..
We need more style, brotha!.

There's a diffrence between style and just bad. Lots and lots of general mistakes with the filmiming but like he said he hasn't made a video in ahwile so I guess we can all let this one slide. But ya pretty much what everyone said on here you should listen to. It's good to get your feet wet again and THANK GOD you take criticism well. I salute you for that.

Antwan
01-15-2013, 05:32 AM
There's a diffrence between style and just bad. Lots and lots of general mistakes with the filmiming but like he said he hasn't made a video in ahwile so I guess we can all let this one slide. But ya pretty much what everyone said on here you should listen to. It's good to get your feet wet again and THANK GOD you take criticism well. I salute you for that.
Alright, thought you of all people might see where I was coming from..
I can't say if the video was rushed but just the
thought of filming something differently on purpose..
That's where I saw potential and it Probably contradicts all advice I've ever given
but I think it's cool to see a new style of filming..
We have always had a set standard around here.
Stay centered, Follow through filming your skater..
So long as he works on keeping the camera steady
I think it could be something fun to watch. A Different approach..
Kinda reminds of when people hated that some of the guys here would have their filmers jumping down stairsets but overtime when your broke it down
the camera stayed steady and we came to appreciate
the new style that they had managed to pull off.
I'm not saying it was the best video I've seen but the day I saw this
it hit me in a different way.

m.seven
01-15-2013, 05:41 AM
i see what you're trying to get at Antwan,but no matter what filming "style" the focus should still be on the tricks being done.
honestly,it was difficult to do that here but like he said it's been awhile so i'm sure the rust will wear off.

r0ke
01-15-2013, 07:21 AM
Not bad, not great but loads of fun were observed.

knightbmb
01-15-2013, 05:42 PM
Thanks for more input guys and thanks Fr0sty, I am pretty cool headed most of the time lol. As well I believe someone questioned the ending or something, basically I had those weird glitches and stuff kind of just rotting away in my reels so I said hell with it and threw them in so I could get some use out of them. I'm not planning on doing that for all videos lol

EG Fr0sty
01-15-2013, 09:30 PM
Alright, thought you of all people might see where I was coming from..
I can't say if the video was rushed but just the
thought of filming something differently on purpose..
That's where I saw potential and it Probably contradicts all advice I've ever given
but I think it's cool to see a new style of filming..
We have always had a set standard around here.im confu
Stay centered, Follow through filming your skater..
So long as he works on keeping the camera steady
I think it could be something fun to watch. A Different approach..
Kinda reminds of when people hated that some of the guys here would have their filmers jumping down stairsets but overtime when your broke it down
the camera stayed steady and we came to appreciate
the new style that they had managed to pull off.
I'm not saying it was the best video I've seen but the day I saw this
it hit me in a different way.

Antwan your not picking up what people are saying he can film however he wants just the fact that the camera is so jumpy it's hard to even tell what's going on. He could film however he wants as long as you can tell what's going on.