PDA

View Full Version : Sony Vegas Issue

Antwan
01-14-2013, 05:08 PM
So I've been just "Putting Up With" This issue for a while now
I would really like to avoid rendering to another filetype for the sake
of losing the somewhat decent quality that I have going for me.
I've looked around the web and haven't really found anything to help me along yet.
I don't know maybe someone here is better at using search engines than me
or maybe has seen it happen before.
Would appreciate help Like I said would really like to avoid using another filetype.
So the problem is this, I can render any size video length does Not matter
When the video is done rendering My computer shuts down entirely
and I get a bluescreen saying something about windows encountering a problem.
Everytime I start back up it says Windows recovered from a serious issue
but It's happened for every video I've done so far and I'm still up and running.

So I render to the default template for "HD 1080-24p YUV"
HD 1080-24p, using Sony YUV codec. OpenDML compatible.
Audio: 48,000 Hz, 16 Bit, Stereo, PCM

Sony Vegas Pro 10.0

I'm also running:
Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002
Service Pack 3

AMD E-350 Processor
1.60 GHz, 3.49 GB of RAM and 406GB of free space on my C: Drive.

Is there something I need to install? Any Ideas?
I doubt the computer is going to die at the rate I've produced videos and gotten this error
however it has been a huge annoyance.

EmmitBrown
01-14-2013, 06:15 PM
8, 9, 10 had crashing issues depending on things like dual core processing and numerous other small variables. my suggestion is get vegas 12

DaaGooN
01-14-2013, 09:24 PM
Whats the blue code? normally windows will give you a error code.

also have a look in event log.. see what errors you have for vegas.

To me right of the bat, it's a memory problem. next time you render a video open task manger and look at your memory. i bet it hits 100%. because rendering a 1080p video in vegas ain't no small task, and SV likes to eat RAM!.

there is something some people have done since skate. or since the hd lark came about lol.
Was to make dupe files... so like this.
make a folder called Vid. then convert all your clips to wmv - Low quality something shit but workable. but do not change the names of the files. then working in vegas is easy, as they are low quality but you get to edit and save all ya stuff.

then when it's time to render, just stick all the High quality wmv in and del the low ones.. .
boom.. also youtube is gay. so there is no point in high quality renders ect. since youtube convert every file to 1080/720-30fps/MP4.. so it is better to chose mp4 as your output in vegas.. saves you&youtube time in waiting for it to be converted and you don't loose quality since they just scan it then. but 720p/30fps 4mbs is good enough for youtube.

I will help you as much i can... i don't know anything about compootRs ;/

Antwan
01-14-2013, 10:13 PM
Well I have rendered to other file types and the quality loss is easily seen before and after uploading.
I convert with the same thing I capture with, VirtualDub. It outputs from The Dazzle DVC100 to an AVI file.
I always do one long recording rather than clips because for whatever reason
it is extremely choppy when I start the capture once I hit the 3000mb mark I'm ok to start capturing stuff.
I assume this is just because of my setup, My computer is fairly average and my windows install is old.
Unless there is something I'm missing.. I've kind've just rolled with the whole process given my large amount of free space.
I looked up the code for the blue screen a while back.. that's where I had not found anything to help me.
Sources said something about their machine overheating. Which seems unlikely when it shuts down after rendering a less than a minute long video using the 1080-24p Template.
Maybe I'm wrong.. but sources told me to clean my computer of any dust just to get it to stop shutting down.
It renders fine with other file types but this one looks the best.
I'll look at the stuff you mentioned next time I'm rendering though.

Fecal Face
01-15-2013, 05:21 AM
Using YUV 1080p is definitely your problem.

That is a MASSIVE file size and an intense computer process.

I would recommend using something more effecient. I use .wmv for example and my quality is very nice and the file size is small.

Antwan
01-15-2013, 05:39 AM
Alright, Noted.
I'll see what the other filetypes look like..
If I'm not satisfied with quality I'll likely start searching for help again.
I should probably sign up for a few tech forums anyway..
Every computer I've ever had I've always had some kind of issue with.

madsser
01-15-2013, 05:49 AM
Hey Antwan! If you hate sony vegas, you should really check out BF3. ;)

Antwan
01-15-2013, 05:53 AM
Hey Antwan! If you hate sony vegas, you should really check out BF3. ;)
Nooo :rolleyes: I will dang it. Give me some time.

madsser
01-15-2013, 06:47 AM
Nooo :rolleyes: I will dang it. Give me some time.

Haha, just fucking with you.

Real talk though. Sony Vegas is by far the most unstable program I've ever used. It crashes at least once per edit for me.
Never heard of your problem though. As Daag said, it really seems like a memory problem. But Daag said really everything I had on my mind about this topic. :D