PDA

View Full Version : First Solo In 3 years

slyforpresident
01-15-2013, 03:38 PM
http://youtu.be/BfjZrYlk58Q

Im Making a come back, its a basic edit and youtube messed up the HD. Leave feedback

Legba
01-15-2013, 03:55 PM
http://youtu.be/BfjZrYlk58Q

Props on the Ice Cube.
Not a terrible edit, but your cam is waaaaay too jerky. All those starts and stops mess up the flow of an otherwise good clip.
Also, I noticed you cut off the landings on a few tricks. Roll away is important stuff.
Other than that, I liked your choice of CAPs, you had some premium ones in there! A lot of em from fellow Fluckers (have you been lurking?). I too have a love for big heels, so I liked seeing a bunch of those. My favorite trick was probably the big flip over the double stair gap. That shit was tight!

First in 3 years with more to come much sooner, I hope.

Fecal Face
01-15-2013, 04:04 PM
..why are you cutting out the lands of tricks? WHY DO PEOPLE DO THAT.

WHEN HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A FILMER DO THAT

slyforpresident
01-15-2013, 04:06 PM
Thanks for Constructive criticism bro, I will definitely take notes for my future projects and I love CAPs parks its only right I got some footage there lol

Antwan
01-15-2013, 04:10 PM
..why are you cutting out the lands of tricks? WHY DO PEOPLE DO THAT.

WHEN HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A FILMER DO THAT
Well that depends if the filmer is the editor as well, man.
I've cut out rollaway before. Who needs it.
Oh I can roll on my board.. I can real switch roll away too. I'm a good filmer.
and I have seen people do it
Fading from one clip to another is just another way of doing it
Some people gradually have the camera look to the floor or to the sky
but really what you're doing is cutting out the rollaway for an easy video transition.
Stop hatin. Yoloolololol lol :rolleyes:

NotedDerk
01-15-2013, 04:33 PM
Didn't you say you hate being 'rided' for posting your opinion in comments antwan?

you need to give the skater at least 1-2 second(s) of roll away, it looks horrible otherwise.
So as a suggestion for your next video, if you choose to make another, is to do that before transitioning to another clip.

EG Fr0sty
01-15-2013, 09:44 PM
I'm going to be brutally honest with you buddy....

There was nothing in this video I liked...
Like I see your style...I don't like it....mainly because by the end of the video I thought the only tricks you did we're tr flip 360's
The filming was weird.
The only reason I finished the video was because I like Ice Cube.
Work on your filming, work on your tricks. Work on your editing.

I can't sugar coat it so hate me.

momadaddy
01-15-2013, 09:54 PM
that wal*mart was unrealistic. i didnt see any fat chicks riding in scooters eating rotisserie chicken and drinking diet coke

[Moose]
01-16-2013, 01:19 AM
I can tell what your favorite trick is...

slyforpresident
01-16-2013, 03:18 AM
Thanks for feedback, I dont hate you lol everybody has thier own views and opinions i just gotta try way harder for my next vid.

schnavolda
01-16-2013, 04:06 AM
you gotta work on the editing first. fading out of clips is ok, but not in the middle of a trick when you haven't even landed yet. the skating itself seems random.

Reaperwrecker
01-16-2013, 02:40 PM
Today was a good day, Well you did have one thing going for you in this vid, the music.. on you next video, just take your time on the filming and the editing,,,