PDA

View Full Version : Sony might be ditching the dualshock controller for PS4

Seanne1986
01-20-2013, 06:59 AM
http://youtu.be/jUn9B8EHB1Q?t=4m40s

PoppySquidJr
01-20-2013, 08:05 AM
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?
I mean, I prefer the xbox controller over the PS3 controller personally, but isn't the PS3 controller like, PERFECT for its fans?

Seanne1986
01-20-2013, 10:38 AM
I dunno what I have to say about this. I loved the ps controller all the way till I bought my 360, just love that design. But I like the idea of a new controller, because sometimes you need to do something bald to keep things interesting.

But I would understand if the ps community would rage if it were to happen.
I'm really curious though how the ps4 will both look and perform, as well as the new xbox. Currently I have no idea which console I will buy next.

So excited!

m.seven
01-20-2013, 10:44 AM
i'm the opposite,love the ps controller but can't play with an xbox style one.i'm just more comfortable with the analog stick layout on ps.
i heard the ps4 controller may be more along the lines of the WiiU with touchscreen and so on.
personally i'd rather they stick with the dualshock.

PoppySquidJr
01-20-2013, 10:52 AM
i'm the opposite,love the ps controller but can't play with an xbox style one.i'm just more comfortable with the analog stick layout on ps.
i heard the ps4 controller may be more along the lines of the WiiU with touchscreen and so on.
personally i'd rather they stick with the dualshock.

As long as they don't try to pack in motion shit, fuck motion controls.
Fuck stupid gimmicks. I want a fucking VIDEO GAME, I want something to chill out and relax with when I've been having a bad day or a bad week. I don't want to come home, mentally or physically exhausted, and then be made to jump through fucking hoops to do shit that would be just as easy with a button press.

I wouldn't even have an issue with them if they didn't shovel it. Motion controls CAN be fun if done right, but for FUCK'S sake.

Seanne1986
01-20-2013, 12:20 PM
As long the controller don't become some stupid touchscreen shit so it feels like you're playing an iphone/andorid app game on your cell I'll be happy.

PoppySquidJr
01-20-2013, 12:59 PM
As long the controller don't become some stupid touchscreen shit so it feels like you're playing an iphone/andorid app game on your cell I'll be happy.

If they go that route, they'll probably be doing it similarly to the WiiU. The WiiU's touchscreen is by no means a bad thing, it's the motion controls I hate.
The touchscreen isn't used for any core gameplay, it's used for fast and easy inventory screens, Maps that don't require pausing, or in silly/fun games it's used to make the experience of the "1 vs. 3" or similar setups more fun, making what the "1" dude sees completely different, and thus completely changing his gameplay mindset for him. Instead of the "1" just being more powerful, maybe he can see where everyone else is on a minimap, whereas they can't see him, etc. etc.

bengrover
01-20-2013, 01:41 PM
Having owned both and many other consoles over the years, the ps controller is my favourite. I prefer the triggers on Xbox however overall the dualshock is better suited to me.

I wouldn't want to see touchscreen in any controller for a long long time. There is no need for it, and for PS and Xbox's it would be a massive hinderence rather than any help. Like the geezer said, why fix what isn't broken.

Legba
01-20-2013, 04:01 PM
I love ps controls. I mean shit, they've never had to change them since adding analog sticks on PS1. That says a lot!
I prefer 360's controllers (probably because theyre just bootleg Dreamcast controllers and DC is my all time favorite system)But when you think back on all the previous controllers of console gaming, Playstation's is tried and true one of the best ever! Remember N64 controls? Yeesh! How about gamecube? OG xbox 1? sega saturn? I mean damn. I sure hope they dont change it man. No need to do away with something so accepted and successful.

thesignguy
01-20-2013, 07:42 PM
I have always adapted so whatever
Sony is in big trouble though. If this thing is a bust Sony may be goners. May be even if it sells.

m.seven
01-20-2013, 07:50 PM
i just upgraded ps3's this christmas so even if ps4 comes out in the next couple of years i doubt i'll get one.
maybe eventually but i won't be early adopting this gen,shit's too expensive.

Fecal Face
01-20-2013, 07:53 PM
I just realized that if they used a separate screen on the controller for a skateboarding game, the person with the controller can film their friends while not being in the game...

but im a little high so

Antwan
01-20-2013, 08:19 PM
Seems like an odd idea..
Doesn't PS3 have several controller models already?
Someone was telling me just the other day about one they made that's similar to an xbox controller.
If it is in-fact the touch screen "Smart-Glass" Thing happening. Let me just be the first to say
I Fucking Knew it! I don't plan on playing consoles with that thing as a controller. :(

MarcoPoloUSN
01-20-2013, 08:40 PM
I wouldn't ever want to use touch screen controllers.

m.seven
01-20-2013, 08:44 PM
I wouldn't ever want to use touch screen controllers.
Amen!