PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Little Trick involving resetting all props.

Boris Magee
02-02-2013, 10:06 PM
Hey everyone,

This is 'The Reset Trick'.

I found this trick today. And have never seen any one use it in my 5 years of EA Skate. It seems like something that you creative skaters could use. I just got one clip, I really am excited to see if people take this to another level. Couldn't be bothered using skate reel so I just used ghetto-cam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwFlAowkkqQ&feature=youtu.be

In order to explain it, I will use my bench example that you see above.

1. Set a bench in your Park using the object dropper / park editor. This is its initial position.
2. Return to your skater form. Set a marker far back from the object.
3. Run forward to the bench and pull it back a bit, using your skater.
4. Return to the session marker.
5. Start the clip. Once you have ollied off the bench, press 'RB+Y' or 'R1+Δ'
6. This will 'reset all props' back to their initial position, telepathically moving the bench to where you are going.

If you fail, you have to repeat from step 3.

Any ideas on other uses?

echoturbo
02-02-2013, 11:02 PM
thats crazy

XImortalDEATHX
02-02-2013, 11:24 PM
Damn, never thought of this. Good find.

Goon_Panda
02-03-2013, 10:27 AM
I can't wait to see what people come up with.

1. Place 1 ramp
2. Move it forwards and rotate it 180*
3. Skate it (obviously) and reset mid-air and you have yourself a landing ramp

emericaridr11
02-03-2013, 12:28 PM
very logical, i love it..... already got ideas

Boris Magee
02-03-2013, 04:23 PM
yeah goon, thats a great idea
what about using the ramp to launch into the air, resetting it so that it is on its side, and grinding it?
man that would be cool

Goat
02-03-2013, 05:05 PM
very logical, i love it..... already got ideas

ok,spock

I for one can't wait to see this used in vidyas

exoskate89
02-03-2013, 05:39 PM
Ill be having much fun...
Cant wait to test with different props
Seems tricky tho

Boris Magee
02-03-2013, 06:47 PM
yeah it is one of those things that looks easier than it is, i was really surprised that i got that clip above as soon as i did.

Goon_Panda
02-03-2013, 09:40 PM
I'll put together a short edit with this bitch.

Gimme clips. FUCKIN' SHORT COLLAB TIME.

Boris Magee
02-03-2013, 10:29 PM
i would love to see an entire video devoted to this!
unfortunately i cant be bothered to film in this game anymore, so i'll leave it up to you guys.

Goon_Panda
02-04-2013, 10:18 AM
Ok so I'm actually not good at editing unfortunately. Imovie or someone else does it.

Boris Magee
02-04-2013, 04:38 PM
i don't really care about editing, i'd just like to see some of your guys' clips if you film any
if you upload one of them let me know here and i'd love to check it out

Boris Magee
02-04-2013, 05:48 PM
here's another example that i filmed at the same time as the other one, but it wasn't as good. an example of a manual usage.
are the colours whack for everyone or just me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZV-QSQzQfE

Antwan
02-04-2013, 09:08 PM
Seems like a good bit of effort to make this happen
That being said put in the effort and
I'm sure there are many more things you can do that you shouldn't be able to
No more patches coming out for this game either.
Pretty wild stuff Boris
Can't think of anything I could do with it personally.

You should try a few variations.. I'd be interested to know what happens.
Can you do it next to a wall? Can you do several props at once?
Can you do it to a prop that is merged in terrain?
Could you somehow make it rain props?

Boris Magee
02-05-2013, 02:19 AM
i have made it rain one beach ball
so naturally i set up a scene much like my first example with the hardflip tail, so that when i landed the trick beachballs would rain from the sky
however that didnt work for some reason

i threw together some more complex examples here, some involving multiple props. tricks suck ass as well as filming but its all there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSMFY95Dpcw

blitzkow
02-05-2013, 02:27 AM
kewl

PoppySquidJr
02-05-2013, 08:11 AM
i have made it rain one beach ball
so naturally i set up a scene much like my first example with the hardflip tail, so that when i landed the trick beachballs would rain from the sky
however that didnt work for some reason

Perhaps make a raised box of sorts, holding up a pile of beach balls, and reset whatever you use as the floor of the box, making the beachballs all rain down?

Boris Magee
02-05-2013, 09:52 PM
Perhaps make a raised box of sorts, holding up a pile of beach balls, and reset whatever you use as the floor of the box, making the beachballs all rain down?

I'm pretty sure that would work, however there aren't that many big, tall objects that you can move with your skater. I'm not exactly sure, but i'm pretty sure if you move an object (e.g. a shipping container) with the object dropper again, it will gain a new initial position and just reset to that place. but if you were to do that with a large decked quarterpipe it would work for sure, it just isnt as impressive. i'm still not sure why one beachball reset to its position in the sky, but when i put down 10 in the air they had an initial position on the ground. weird.

PoppySquidJr
02-06-2013, 07:49 AM
I'm pretty sure that would work, however there aren't that many big, tall objects that you can move with your skater. I'm not exactly sure, but i'm pretty sure if you move an object (e.g. a shipping container) with the object dropper again, it will gain a new initial position and just reset to that place. but if you were to do that with a large decked quarterpipe it would work for sure, it just isnt as impressive. i'm still not sure why one beachball reset to its position in the sky, but when i put down 10 in the air they had an initial position on the ground. weird.

Build it all in one go with the dropper, just use stacked boxes and plywood for the floor of the box :0

Boris Magee
02-08-2013, 02:52 PM
That's the thing though - if you build it all in one go, all of the objects would stay in that place where you placed them upon resetting.

Goon_Panda
02-08-2013, 03:03 PM
I give up on this video thing. This is difficult.

NotedDerk
02-08-2013, 08:13 PM
I played with this a little bit, like you mentioned before with the beach balls dropping, but it just didn't look good to me. In order for me to time the beach balls to fall after I hit a rail previous to resetting the props, they were scattered all over the ground so you could see them everywhere, if I put it into a clip, it would have looked ridiculous with all of them disappearing and re-appearing. I think that's why I don't dig this as a whole, having an object just completely disappear and be somewhere else in the middle of a clip. The idea of it is cool, but the presentation seems wack, I really don't want to say it's 'not realistic,' cause I don't give a shit about being realistic, but the only way I see this trick fitting into a video is if you make it 'portal' themed, I guess...I'm dumb.

Boris Magee
02-09-2013, 10:53 PM
yeah, with the raining beachballs idea you really have to be sneaky with the camera and obscure them on the ground.
and yeah it really was just a 'woah, thats clever' thing
there are a lot of uses for it if you get in the mood for it ghough