PDA

View Full Version : SOMETHING BMX THIS WAY COMES

Dead_Head
02-05-2013, 03:16 PM
http://www.bmxthegame.com/

Hopefully this is legit.

Goon_Panda
02-05-2013, 03:26 PM
Made by Unity. Perhaps some homemade shit? Never seen a game released on console that was made with Unity.

Dead_Head
02-05-2013, 03:28 PM
Made by Unity. Perhaps some homemade shit? Never seen a game released on console that was made with Unity.

Yeah I saw that too, should be interesting if it turns out to be legit.

Antwan
02-05-2013, 03:45 PM
The only thing I would hope from this is trials style permitted, open world, controller based.
I'd probably still check it out if it's a game based on grinds and what not
but climbs and drops would be sick.
It says it's on PC so I would guess it wouldn't primarily be kinect or
playstation move (I think that's what it's called?)
The website is kind of promising..
someone went through the trouble to put something out there.
However there has been hype around games that aren't really going to happen recently.
Not to mention, no credit given to whoever the development team is? What's that about?
I would be stoked on some re-entry..
Dave Mirra's Would be the last time I've played something in the genre. Ps2 days.

Fecal Face
02-05-2013, 05:53 PM
hm........interesting

Goon_Panda
02-08-2013, 01:15 PM
Seems legit.

https://www.facebook.com/bmxthegame

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/395764_540785439287536_1924013543_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/537822_540816249284455_1301610349_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/575402_540817525950994_230526370_n.jpg

Hyped.

Antwan
02-08-2013, 01:34 PM
Nice find, Goon.
That looks pretty sick!

Thanks for your support, guys. We are proud of BMX community. So we wanna give you some details.

- We confirm a realistic physics system. Sorry about who loves Dave Mirra's physics , we have 9.81 N on earth ;)
- We confirm a new control system similar to flick it. But it's more complex and accurate.
- We confirm realistic swappable bike parts that affects physics and handling. Sprockets, handlebars, pedals, pegs and so.

One more thing, a challenge for impatient people: if this post reaches over than 150 likes in one hour, then we will post a game screenshot.

Goon_Panda
02-08-2013, 01:41 PM
Made by Shader Media apparently.

"We love EA Skate and its flickit control. We love BMX, and most of us rides."

They seem very similar to Black Box. Being involved in the sport and all and wanting it to be realistic.

Vital BMX said this :

"There has been huge anticipation for a BMX Game and we announced a few days ago that Spanish production producton company Shader Media has begun production of a new game. Well today they have released the first screenshot and it seems that Nike's famous purpose built park 'The Tunnel' is featured."

I'm more hyped for this than I am about GTA V.

Antwan
02-08-2013, 01:42 PM
Sounds good to me.
Wonder how far off they are from completion.

Goon_Panda
02-08-2013, 01:49 PM
Yeah well it's just under seven days until "The next step".

I'm guessing a trailer and approximate release date.

blitzkow
02-08-2013, 02:16 PM
YES I RUVE BMX
cant wait

andreas
02-08-2013, 02:49 PM
I am so fucking hard right now oh my god.

Hobbs
02-08-2013, 03:35 PM
im happy for bmxers and all, but shit why not a new skate game

Goon_Panda
02-08-2013, 03:49 PM
3 Awesome skate games already. No realistic BMX game. (I think)

Hobbs
02-08-2013, 03:53 PM
yea but just statin my opinion

Goon_Panda
02-08-2013, 03:55 PM
I ain't crampin' your style, but we have the skate. series and it needs a BMX counterpart.

Hobbs
02-08-2013, 04:07 PM
i guess lol ill try to make the best of it lol

Antwan
02-08-2013, 05:45 PM
I don't even ride bikes
but the game idea sounds like a lot of fun.
Any game that has realistic physics and allows me to do tricks, I'd play.
I'd play and likely have a blast.
Skate started off incredibly strong but crashed hard.
Almost sounds fitting. Skate took it's final bail.
There's no way of knowing how long any game that is about tricks will last.
I'm just glad I got to play it while I could
and any other developers that step up with similar ideas and intentions have my support.
Long Live Trick Simulation.

Ladd279
02-08-2013, 05:48 PM
Sick man, played the hell out of Dave mirra back in day

agusbmxarg
02-08-2013, 06:42 PM
As a bmx rider I hope this aint a scam, or doesn't end up as a shitty looking playing game.
I hope they achieve that 'feel' games like EA Skate have, for example.

NotedDerk
02-08-2013, 08:05 PM
3 Awesome skate games already. No realistic BMX game. (I think)

Dave Mirra's games weren't entirely realistic, but could easily be played that way.
I fucking loved the games simply because the ragdoll bails were new to me and funny as shit.

I also recall someone asking for that park in the pics above to be made on skate 3 and that person should be having a party in their pants now after seeing that, i'm sad that we won't see any new skate games for quite some time, but i'll still play this and have fun.

heshfield
02-08-2013, 08:16 PM
im happy for bmxers and all, but shit why not a new skate game

Even if youre just a fan of skate and dislike bmx, this news should still be encouraging.
A new game being released that involves the flickit control system or something similar can breathe new life into the genre and make a new skate game even more plausible as a profitable investment for developers..even if we have to wait for the next gen of consoles to be released.

Ladd279
02-08-2013, 08:22 PM
Replay editor=sold

Legba
02-08-2013, 08:30 PM
I've been skating for more than half my life, but I've always appreciated BMX. I used to watch Props all the damn time. The prospect of a new & realistic BMX game is fairly tantalizing for me. It wont get my hyped to go out & do lines like skate. does, but I can still see myself getting some entertainment out of it. Whuddahell, I say on with it!

schnavolda
02-09-2013, 12:01 AM
Dave Mirra's games weren't entirely realistic, but could easily be played that way.
I fucking loved the games simply because the ragdoll bails were new to me and funny as shit.

dave mirra bmx was my skate of the last generation. there is no other game except the tony hawk franchise that i played that much.

Replay editor=sold

so true.

i rode bmx for a couple of years but concentrated on skateboarding alone because having to mess around with your bike 30% of the time riding was no fun anymore after a while. the prospect of a skate-like realistic bmx game puts this thing on my hype list's top spot in the blink of an eye.

andreas
02-09-2013, 01:44 AM
I sent them a message via le facebook and told them to join this forum. they said they would and they're glad they have a group to get support from.

Goon_Panda
02-09-2013, 03:44 AM
Andreas - That is good.

I was thinking about control schemes and all that jazz.
-Go = X.
-Stop = square.
-Nosepicks and icepicks etc. = R1, L1.
-Tailwhips = skate.'s shuvit - hold for double or more.
-Leaning forward and back = left stick up/down.
-Tabletops/Pancakes = Tweak right stick to the side mid-air.

Translate to xbox yourself.

Hobbs
02-09-2013, 05:39 AM
I just dont have a great experience with bmx people lol. They always get in my way and run into me when i skate, also they are all douches to me. im not saying that about all Bmx people, but the ones i have met. I have nothing against any of you guys though. And i will try to be as positive and gratefull as i can if this is true, i just hope there is a park creator though.

DJMackRacer315
02-09-2013, 06:44 AM
finally someone has step up and decided to make one.

Antwan
02-09-2013, 06:53 AM
I just dont have a great experience with bmx people lol. They always get in my way and run into me when i skate, also they are all douches to me.
It's in our nature to be competitive, to be a dick even.
I've met skaters that were complete dicks before
Didn't stop me from enjoying skate or skateboarding in general.
It's just a game man..
Sure real bmx riders might play the game but it wont affect the game itself, come on now.
Like they are really going to spend their game time crashing into you. Ha.

I wonder if they will have a balance system.

Hobbs
02-09-2013, 07:05 AM
lol yea i guess, never thought of it that way!

andreas
02-09-2013, 02:27 PM
It's in our nature to be competitive, to be a dick even.
I've met skaters that were complete dicks before
Didn't stop me from enjoying skate or skateboarding in general.
It's just a game man..
Sure real bmx riders might play the game but it wont affect the game itself, come on now.
Like they are really going to spend their game time crashing into you. Ha.

I wonder if they will have a balance system.
without the ability to tweak the bike in midair this game will be significantly less of a simulator than expected.

i am a snail
02-09-2013, 09:07 PM
i am actually really hyped for this, if this takes off this could open the door for other sports games, hell maybe even another skating game.

also nice sig andreas

Ladd279
02-09-2013, 11:33 PM
Msg'd them about some stuff and here's their response..

Our first target was make a "little" game. For online distribution. You know, we are a small team with limited resources. But now, if your support comes bigger, we can get more resources to make a huge game. Make real parks, spots or even a city to roam it could be awesome, but it's too expensive for first steps. It's for that reason that we'll put a park editor. A huge park editor with thousands of pieces, customizable in dimensions and shape. And a dirt jump editor too. A total sandbox. You'll can make any park you imagine. And share it. Like Skate3 but better.

About replay editor. I can't confirm that yet. But I can give you a hint. We love to edit videos on EAskate.

Man, we have to make it huge together.

Thanks for your support and stay tuned!

replicant
02-10-2013, 02:57 AM
If they went PC with this and used Kickstarter it could definitely turn out to be incredibly solid.

NotedDerk
02-10-2013, 04:29 AM
People are their facebook page are so fucking dumb, haha.
"THIS IS FAKE" "YOU GUYS SHOULD PUT THIS OUT ON XBOX AND PS3"

andreas
02-10-2013, 05:27 AM
i am actually really hyped for this, if this takes off this could open the door for other sports games, hell maybe even another skating game.

also nice sig andreas

it was comedic gold I couldn't pass that up.

Hobbs
02-10-2013, 05:30 AM
this is getting to sound good!

DJMackRacer315
02-10-2013, 09:03 AM
cant wait going to be so sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Demzilla
02-10-2013, 09:49 AM
holy fucking shit...

if they like skate..
they like replays..
and cameras...
and i have a boner now...

Goon_Panda
02-10-2013, 10:14 AM
If they went PC with this and used Kickstarter it could definitely turn out to be incredibly solid.

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/1899/screenshot20130211at659.png

emericaridr11
02-10-2013, 10:23 AM
Backflips on ANY bike is the funnest thing on a video game for me.... im loving this right now

i hope it is for real

I feel like all the BMXers who were playing Skate

replicant
02-10-2013, 11:01 AM
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/1899/screenshot20130211at659.png
Yes, I am aware that the bmx page lists PC as one of their options.
That could however just be intent and not actual current focused platforms.
Looking at the company behind it and the engine used I'm betting on Xbox Arcade and PSN with PC port later.
They are asking peoples platform preference for example on the FB page.
And they have pointed out that they are looking to start it small and expand on the game.

While they are saying we get more information this week the amount of stuff known currently tends to sound like a "Hope List".
My point was for them to focus on PC, use KS to fund it, and use the bank from that finished product to fund console releases.
When a mobile developer just pops up with a new game I don't tend to welcome it as the second coming.

I am very interested in how this plays out, but right now it's just a pop up game with bloom Unity3D pics.
It will be nice if it can pan out to be this generations Thrasher -> Skate equivalent.
If they can make a BMX game that I enjoy as much or better than Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX, then I will be a fan.

Ladd279
02-10-2013, 03:07 PM
I highly doubt it'll be on a disc, most likely be on psn store or Xbox live. People complaining about graphics on their fb page have to understand that it's a small group of people there isn't a "big" devolper involved plus they said its in early stage. Graphics look fine to me especially for a smaller "published" game. Hopefully this will lead to bigger things

Antwan
02-10-2013, 08:08 PM
Honestly It had not crossed my mind but if it is an arcade game
My expectations will be significantly lower and
Arcade games are just a step up from indie games if you ask me.

Forget graphics. This is the first game.
So long as they aren't an eye sore it should please most. Focus more on game mechanics.
I personally don't care much.
I've played games that look like they were developed with old age software
but it didn't bother me. Still had fun.

Also I'm not too familiar with the facebook thing
but I remember hearing about a friend's business on there..
They ended up getting free ads or something for so many likes on their page.
Maybe there's more of a business side to facebook than we think.

jaike
02-11-2013, 01:02 PM
Litarally like im atheist and i prayed for this fucking day my dicks so hard i just penetrated my macbook

Antwan
02-11-2013, 01:55 PM
Come on now.
Surely you guys've got better jokes than that.

Goon_Panda
02-11-2013, 06:44 PM
"We are making a FAQ to give you some official details about the game, the development and next steps."

BladderBoy
02-11-2013, 06:51 PM
I see potential for this game (which I presume will be a small arcade game), but jeezis I feel sorry for the guys who made this. Little do they know - a bunch of Fluckers gonna be doin judo kicks inside their assholes. Awesome.

NotedDerk
02-11-2013, 06:55 PM
I messenged them about if they are having merchandise so I can hand out shit for people to check it out. This is the message they sent me.

"Hey,

That's nice. we really appreciate your opinion. We love the bmx community. We are a "little" community, but we can make a huge game together. We will have stickers, tshirts and other merch soon.
Our first target was make a "little" game. For online distribution. So we have planned to make the game step by step. First good physics, good controls and good graphics. And depending on the support we can take more steps. That means add more stuff to the game.
Here we are all riders, we are a community. Let's make a game like nobody have made ever. Direct connection between developers and gamers. We will put a "suggestions&votes" system in our web soon. You guys are thinking a lot of good ideas and the community should be able to vote them in order to priorize its development.
We are thinking to open a kickstarter to get funds to make it huge with your ideas. So we let's see how much support we get, and how far we can go.

Thanks for your support and stay tuned!"

BladderBoy
02-11-2013, 07:00 PM
I messenged them about if they are having merchandise so I can hand out shit for people to check it out. This is the message they sent me.

"Hey,

That's nice. we really appreciate your opinion. We love the bmx community. We are a "little" community, but we can make a huge game together. We will have stickers, tshirts and other merch soon.
Our first target was make a "little" game. For online distribution. So we have planned to make the game step by step. First good physics, good controls and good graphics. And depending on the support we can take more steps. That means add more stuff to the game.
Here we are all riders, we are a community. Let's make a game like nobody have made ever. Direct connection between developers and gamers. We will put a "suggestions&votes" system in our web soon. You guys are thinking a lot of good ideas and the community should be able to vote them in order to priorize its development.
We are thinking to open a kickstarter to get funds to make it huge with your ideas. So we let's see how much support we get, and how far we can go.

Thanks for your support and stay tuned!"

All that is what needs to happen with a skate game.

echoturbo
02-11-2013, 09:25 PM
so if this is real is skatefluckit gonna switch to bikefluckit

Goon_Panda
02-12-2013, 01:10 AM
No way lol. I'll put up an official thread or some shit when it's released, maybe.

replicant
02-12-2013, 01:35 AM
so if this is real is skatefluckit gonna switch to bikefluckit
We'll fluck anything.

Antwan
02-12-2013, 02:44 AM
I'm guessing the bad English is because they are spanish? Thought I read that somewhere anyway..
Is it weird that I'd like to see this done before another skate?
I think it would be a refreshing change.
We play more than skate around here. It's a skate community but we are gamers too.

We'll fluck anything.

Jebotek
02-12-2013, 03:58 AM
dunno if i can bring up the love i got for skate for a bmx game

if it happens i definately gonna play it, but even if it got the same/better features than skate i doubt that i can play it as long as the skate series

simply due to the fact that i prefer playing a game about a sport i do myself

m.seven
02-12-2013, 05:20 AM
We'll fluck anything.
i'll fluck anything that moves!!

bengrover
02-12-2013, 08:10 AM
Never been a mjor bmx fan, will take a look at this for sure though.

Can't be fucked to read everyones comments, but I hope this has replay editor and decent cam options.

madsser
02-12-2013, 10:10 AM
Seems cool

PoppySquidJr
02-12-2013, 10:13 AM
This game better have a bowler hat.

Antwan
02-12-2013, 10:27 AM
Cool to see I'm not the only one who last played when Dave Mirra's was around.
They seem to be riders themselves and are influenced by games like Skate.
It should be pretty decent considering that.
I'm not a huge bmx fan myself but I have been watching it a bit more.
The off-road stuff with redbull on bikes is wild.
Not to mention people like Danny Macaskill Doing Freestyle Trials.

i am a snail
02-12-2013, 11:02 AM
We'll fluck anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7NitmzzZX8

andreas
02-12-2013, 09:35 PM
Cool to see I'm not the only one who last played when Dave Mirra's was around.
They seem to be riders themselves and are influenced by games like Skate.
It should be pretty decent considering that.
I'm not a huge bmx fan myself but I have been watching it a bit more.
The off-road stuff with redbull on bikes is wild.
Not to mention people like Danny Macaskill Doing Freestyle Trials.

The most BMX related Redbull gets is the moon riders and edwin delarosa. Fuck energy drinks.

Antwan
02-12-2013, 10:25 PM
Well if you wanna get technical, I believe BMX is Bike racing.
Even This game doesn't look like bike racing to me and it's called BMX The Game!
Redbull has Organized events over courses to be scored.
They've done outdoor and indoor
I believe it's all timed.
You can't really have an organized street BMX contest
because street is just going out there and doing it, right?
Using what's there. Not Using what's been built there.
That's my take anyway.

echoturbo
02-13-2013, 09:12 PM
i have a feeling it gonna turn out like this http://www.shredsauce.com/index.php

if people dont want to download there a little lets play

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYlF3S5kXBI

Antwan
02-13-2013, 10:28 PM
The one you posted isn't far off from every snow game ever.
The only difference in the other snow games is they have a snow tread and landing animations.
I can already see much more detail in bmxthegame than what you have shown there.
Lights have some kind of lens flare coming off, Wheelies, No handers
and the Bike's details look real nice.
I would honestly be shocked if it was anything like the video you posted.
It just doesn't look like it would perform that way.

[Moose]
02-14-2013, 01:47 AM
Aye fools they takin' suggestions so I suggest that we suggest to them a replay editor.

We all know we wouldn't have played skate for this long if it weren't for that replay editor

replicant
02-14-2013, 03:02 AM
They did put up their FAQ yesterday so you can see just how small of a project this is.
Does it means it's going to be terrible? No, but you can get a better perspective of the game now.

http://bmxthegame.com/faq.html

Hobbs
02-14-2013, 03:52 PM
this is exciting

Stokenstein
02-15-2013, 01:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f_D6ST9duI&feature=youtu.be

New promo.

Fecal Face
02-15-2013, 01:14 PM
my dicks so hard i just penetrated my macbook

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/bummed.gif

Antwan
02-15-2013, 02:27 PM
Nice!
I'm sold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f_D6ST9duI

Boris Magee
02-15-2013, 02:55 PM
stokenstein you ninja

this will probably be the only kickstarter i support
i love how they are focused on a park editor first and foremost, that is very promising.

[Moose]
02-17-2013, 01:41 AM
Ok if your nervous based on the trailer, dont worry its a WiP.

Are those vans?
I hope they make it into the final product probably not

Goon_Panda
02-17-2013, 09:49 AM
Vans is pretty big on BMX actually.

Goon_Panda
02-17-2013, 09:51 AM
The only gripe I've got is the animations, but the game is still in the early development stage.

Razorlike Blue
02-17-2013, 09:57 AM
I am erect and defiant of god's will!

bengrover
02-17-2013, 02:30 PM
I wouldn't base anything off the 'game footage' from the promo. Like they said in the FAQ and stuff, they have only just started. So textures animation etc will most likely nothing like that.

Knowledge.

Antwan
02-17-2013, 02:57 PM
You guys don't like the animations? Man..
I thought everything looked sick.
Especially for just starting out.

sk8tatter
02-17-2013, 04:47 PM
(one of many facts of life) there is always gunna be people bitchin about nothing for the sake of bitchin...can any of you fools do any better?? i don't see any of you making a game i think this is a great start from nothing..definally drop some dough on the kickerstarter forsure

You guys don't like the animations? Man..
I thought everything looked sick.
Especially for just starting out.

Boris Magee
02-17-2013, 06:32 PM
We may be expecting a little too much from them I feel - using the animation topic as an example. Skate's animations are incredible, and have formed the benchmark for us. Those animations were painstakingly translated into the game with the help of a multiplicity of developers. They were backed by EA.

This team is but three people. Sure, this trailer is early and their hearts are definitely in the right place. But, I think its a bit unrealistic to be expecting AAA-quality animations and graphics from a three person studio at this stage.